Sign in to follow this  
hiroki

iNSOMNiA new album "ARCANA" release and will disband

iNSOMNiA will disband after their oneman live "閃光の刻" on 2017.03.13 at Ikebukuro EDGE.

Their new album "ARCANA" (13 tracks, 2980 yen) will be released on 2017.02.01

[tracklist]

1. 狼煙-introduction-
2. Fanatic Parade
3. Lost Emotion
4. アフロディジー
5. BULLET
6. 咎
7. THE WORST-interlude-
8. JOKER
9. ゴシックワンダーランド
10. Haunted Orchestra
11. Snow Caller
12. REM
13. REVELATE

Edited by hiroki

Really disappointing, I really liked most of what little they released. The main problem I had with them though is that they would release too much of what I would consider filler stuff, if it can be called that. On their 'JOKER' and 'iNSOMNiA' releases, only the first song seemed like they really cared too greatly about it, leaving 1 and 2 songs, respectively, that felt like they existed just to pad the releases' length out. Since from what I know they've only released like, 7 songs so far, that means 3 of the 7, nearly half of their discography thus far, is filler stuff. I don't know if that's truly the case or if it was a result of inexperience writing music because it seems like this is their first proper band, with the only previous credentials I've seen from them being that a few of them were roadies for other bands.

I do still like the 'filler' stuff, but it really could be better. My biggest hope in the disbandment is that they get some more experience as musicians and songwriters and at least some of the members come back in other bands later down the line because they really do have potential in my eyes, but iNSOMNiA just isn't the band in which they fully realised that potential.

On another note, really looking forward to the album.

Sign in to follow this