Mr Bacon

Age difference

So, simple, is age difference in a relationship acceptable to you? And if so to what extent?

I'm kinda in a weird situation myself right now so I was wondering what you people's opinions are on this.

well, to be honest i like older people better, for simple reasons like being more mature, understanding and better experienced.

Im 20 years old, as high as i would go until 33 to 34, but there are very few exceptions on higher ones.

If i would date someone my age, that person would have to be very open-minded and mature about everything. Which i know is a lost case. XD

Anyways Bacon&Cheezz, what is your little dilema, you can talk to ginger about it!

I've always had a liking for older girls, even if it was only 2-3 years older than me.

But recently it all went upside down and now there's this girl...she's 13(and I'm 18). And even though she's very mature for her age and I'm still a kid at heart, I was very reluctant about it at first, didn't want it actually. But things go as they go and we decided to give it a try - even though it's in secret for the time being since people around us wouldn't agree with this(which I can understand actually). But yea sadly you can't decide who you fall in love with.

So yea I do love her but the age gap bothers me; not as in between us but for the rest of the world. And it's been bugging me and I needed to get it off my chest lol.

A friend of mine (she's 21), is together with a 16 year-old kid. I know I'd never do it, but she seems happy so we (me and my friends) don't really talk about it anymore. It bothered me in the beginning though, but the kid's pretty mature for his age as well.

13 and 18 is something different. Just because most 13-year-olds are kids. They look like kids, they act like kids. There isn't such a thing as a grown-up 13-year-old. (I have brothers and sisters enough to prove that) But, then again, if you feel good about it, then you shouldn't let people bother you, and go ahead with what you want :-)

(I have to admit though, seeing all those Korean kids these days, I might change my mind. I'm 22, 2 of my favorite Koreans are 17 and 16. :P)

@ bacon: I see, it doesn't matter really, don't give it thought and continue on with your life and with her along her side. Mature for her age, that's a good thing. Just ignore the world and try not to show it to the world either. As long as you two want to be together, then it's fine.

@Kaye: lol, my friend is the same way as you, she's 24 years old and all into those youngsters in boy bands. LAWL! Me, im not much of a bias in groups that much. Mayb in 4minute. Other than that no other. Tho i really like HYUNAH, plus she's 18 or 19.

Age difference doesn't really matter to me, though there is some kind of mental state of mind. Being 26 myself, I wouldn't date anyone under 18 for example. But when my partner would be 34 I wouldn't exactly mind, though the age difference would be the same. 18v13 is imo to the extreme side. Being 18, I personally wouldn't go for someone under 15....

The older the age, the lesser the age difference should be a problem. I know a girl that is 28 that currently is dating a guy of 45. As long as the younger half is over 16, I wouldn't have any objections. My niece is 16 and she has a boyfriend of 23, while her sister is 19 and has a boyfriend of 28. In both cases I don't mind, would it be 16 and 28, then I would find it strange...

My largest age-difference would be 5. When I was 19, I briefly dated a girl that was 24..

@Kaye: lol, my friend is the same way as you, she's 24 years old and all into those youngsters in boy bands. LAWL! Me, im not much of a bias in groups that much. Mayb in 4minute. Other than that no other. Tho i really like HYUNAH, plus she's 18 or 19.

Thing is that I only like Asian kids young, western guys need to be my age or older. (My boyfriend is one year and a half older than I am, and looking at the kids who're in my class right now, I wouldn't want anyone younger than him) Nearly every single one of my Asian favorites is younger than I am though (Or the same age). It's just a single few (Heechul/Kenichi Matsuyama/...) that's older.

So yeah, it's all about the people in the relationship at the end. If they're feeling good, then what's the problem?

As long as the younger half is over 16, I wouldn't have any objections. My niece is 16 and she has a boyfriend of 23, while her sister is 19 and has a boyfriend of 28. In both cases I don't mind, would it be 16 and 28, then I would find it strange...

My largest age-difference would be 5. When I was 19, I briefly dated a girl that was 24..

I see your point on that and it doesnt bother me either.

That last sentence tho when you date someone 24 when you were 19, why feel awkward about that? Cuz its almost the same as your nieces.

Sorry to rain down on your parade Mr Bacon, but I'd be very, very careful with this girl. Everybody who dates a younger partner always says, "They're mature for their age though." But as Kaye has stated before, this simply really can't apply to a thirteen year old. I'm currently living with two thirteen year olds, one male, one female (cousins of mine) and as hard as they try to be mature in certain situations they simply aren't. Most of my female friends who've dated older men, tell me they're only doing it to "experiment" or something along those lines.

Not trying to be Dr. Phil here, but I'd end it if I were you. If you two truly are in love then wait, wait five years for her to grow up. Do it for her safety and yours.

oh by personal preference are always much older than i am, and chubby. :D

35++

Wouldn't bother with younger, i am not sure why.

I have tried going out with one, but just no sparks or whatsoever.

Maybe it just i always like things in balance and stable.

I like people around my age, I am 21, so 18-23 would be ideal. Wouldn't like much younger people, since I had an exprience like that, and, well, a kid is a kid, unfortunately...

an 18 year old female friend of mine is going out with a 60 year old male.

Its kinda weird, i dont judge... but then i kinda do. The thought of their sex makes me :S.

Personally, my limit is like 28. and im 22. so 6 years.

let me see whats on my experienced so far..

when I was 14 years old,a 13 year old boy likes me. and lol.it was just short.

back then this year, two guys fall in love to me. both are 17 years old now. im 18 now. One is terrible,i mean just want me for my face/etc and while the other one buys me drinks and smiles to me a lot. both are fucking weird. :lol:

back to the topic, I always prefer 20-22 as for now.I do not prefer younger guy as a bf. Age difference really doesn't matter to me sometimes as long he is one of a kind to me ^_^

I wish I could look my future.Whom do I belong to and etc. XD

I prefer being the younger one; I'm the same way with friends. In high school I always chose to talk to people in higher grades and when I was a senior I refused to talk to anyone who wasn't the same age. I don't know why, but I can't stand being the oldest.

In terms of dating, 19~25 is a good range for me. I wouldn't date someone older than that at the moment mostly because I'm still away at school. My boyfriend now is turning 21 in April.

Hmm, as I'm 16-years old, younger than me (boys) can be really childish. (Usually) So I prefer older people - as a friend and partner. Dunno why, but I've always liked if somebody has more life experience than me, maybe I just want support and understanding? But yeah 16-20 is an age range which I would like to date - but of course there can be special cases, too.

I was dateing thow young girls in my life but we Broke up ,

now they are my friends and I never again faaling love whit them again

But age is just only a number

I only date guys double my age. #daddyissues.

My boyfriend and I are four years apart, he is 28 and I am 24. I hang out with mostly older people actually (late 20s or in their 30s) so to be honest if I where single and looking for a new boo, dating someone from my social group of old people friends doesn't really seem like a big deal. It's actually more appealing then dating someone from my young people social group of friends.

I don't see myself dating someone younger than me, even if it's just by a year. Guys mature way later than girls, so I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a kid. Besides, I'm 17 years old, so most guys my age aren't really what I'm looking for. I'd say that my ideal guy would be between 20-25. I wouldn't mind dating someone older than that either. It depends on the guy though.

Ohhh well... I am 16. My maximum was 28 years old (+12), minimum was 5 months less than me lol.

I am single now, but I think best difference would be 2-6 years older than me.

....no. I don't date younger guys. Quite possibly, I never did and never will, even if that younger guy seems to be way mature than his age. I don't date boys who are in the same age/class year with me, either. I'm 18 years old right now.. And I prefer 20-29 years old guys to date with. All the relationships I've ever happened to be engaged to involved older boys [both were a friend of my elder brother, 21 and 22 y/o], so yeah. Though, come to think of it, I need somebody who's grown up both phisycally and mentally to balance me--my ego, my fluctuative moods and stuffs--, not somebody who's only grown up on the inside and vice versa. From what I know through friends, most guys in my age or younger tend to be similarly unstable I found them quite unattractive, lol.

Not into younger guys at all and for the most part not really those of my age group either. Then again I've never really hung out too much with people my own age. That said I do have a limit, 10 years is the cap give or take a year or 2. After that it gets a bit creepy for me but probably because I had an uncle in his almost 60's dating someone my age once and yea...just no...no.