Kerberos Entertainment  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would anyone be interested in a thread about Kerberos Entertainment's artist and the session musicians they support?

• Yes
    • No

Hello~ I'm a fan of Kerberos Entertainment's artist and was wondering if anyone would like to know more about the session bands they support?

Edited by atsvki

Kerberos Entertainment was established on May 8th, 2014 in Osaka. Its not exactly a record label but it manages vkei bands. It's stated on their website that they plan, produce and manage events for bands (as far as I am able to understand with my limited Japanese). 

There's two parts to them: Kerberos Entertainment and Kerberos Children. 

Kerberos acts as the main part having had formal bands (BASH!, FoLLoW, ENVIOUS, SweetHome, and Shellmy).

Children supports session bands or individual musicians. 

Now here is the confusing thing; formal bands aren't signed to Kerberos but are supported by them. On their website former bands are considered graduates but idk why they are considered so. Their only current band VIVARUSH was a former session band named SECRET under Children. 

i think the confusion arises from the fact that Kerberos supports sessions in an ad-hoc fashion. they used to have bands they support regularly through contractual agreement (FoLLoW and Shellmy were examples) but i'm not sure if that's still the case now if they are supporting everyone from Zigzag to SHIVA to ルクス (basically... a great deal of active Kansai bands). it's also unclear if 'supporting them' just means 'inviting a band to play for our label live'.

Vivarush is the only formal band that has signed to Kerberos atm, so that's 50% of the reason why i'm keeping an eye on Kerberos. the other 50% is because their label's director Keita was from EVE and i'm a hugeeeeeeee fan of him :)

Kerberos Children allows bandmen to create their own profiles to display on children's website. Also they claim to be able to change their life as a bandm Ien or something along those lines. Session bands are allowed to perform at any Kerberos event as long as they are contacted, I believe by the company themselves). Most of the bandmen tend to be indie guys. They might also be getting high school students I'm very iffy about this but Ten was the youngest member in BASH!

Idk how much it has changed since like a year ago but I believe they support bands like Zig Zag and Shiva as an invite to play for the event as they might be trying to branch out into Kansai. They might also be using Children as a way of finding bands with some amazing potential. 

I stopped following Kerberos after BASH! went on hiatus but Vivarush got me back. EVE was such a good band tbh

Is sweet home the only band that legit survived graduating from Kerberos?

• BASH! ⇒ "hiatus" if i'm not mistaken but didnt that happen a year ago
  • FoLLoW ⇒ broke up (but I can't remember when they graduated, I feel like it took a while before they broke up?)
  • ENVIOUS ⇒ broke up
  • Shellmy ⇒ hiatus, lost two members ⇒ came back as シェルミィ 

But idk for reasons like that they don't seem to have the best reputation

Do they still take pics of the bands playing at events?
I've heard that the artists don't get to choose the picture themselves.

There were some Kerberos events I was interested in going to but it just never happened. But they seem to put together some pretty fun lives. 

53 minutes ago, vanivani said:

Is Sweet x Home not part of Kerberos? I thought they were.

On the backs of their CDs KERBEROS is listed. 

17 minutes ago, anakuro said:

Is sweet home the only band that legit survived graduating from Kerberos?

• BASH! ⇒ "hiatus" if i'm not mistaken but didnt that happen a year ago
  • FoLLoW ⇒ broke up (but I can't remember when they graduated, I feel like it took a while before they broke up?)
  • ENVIOUS ⇒ broke up
  • Shellmy ⇒ hiatus, lost two members ⇒ came back as シェルミィ 

But idk for reasons like that they don't seem to have the best reputation

Do they still take pics of the bands playing at events?
I've heard that the artists don't get to choose the picture themselves.

There were some Kerberos events I was interested in going to but it just never happened. But they seem to put together some pretty fun lives. 

Sweet Home is probably still managed by them, their ohp is in the same format as that of the former bands supported by Kerberos. But in Kerberos website they are listed as graduates.  They probably are the only ones to have survived this long, it didn't take long for FoLLoW and BASH! to break up/ go on hiatus . 

With bands breaking up like that nobody would want to join. 

If they do they rarely post them nowadays. Or when they do post them it tends to be the main session band for the event. Their twitter and Line are mostly used for promoting the events and Vivarush. 

I'm not quite sure about that but I wouldn't be surprised if it would be part of some sort of agreement between Kerberos and the artists. 

To be fair, Shellmy's website is also still just like how kerberos set it up too

oh yeah i forgot about their line.

i removed it because of too many notifications forever ago...

i've heard unpleasant things about some members of the kerberos staff as well, but since i'm not an "insider" of the industry i'd rather suspend judgment. what's more, at the rate indie bands are generally breaking up these days it's kinda hard to say whose fault exactly it's down to (short of dramatic exposés like what happened with rockstar records).

what i can say though, is that kerberos seems to be a pretty damn good job of supporting vivarush - everything from promotion/distribution to  conceptual work to photos is pretty much flawless. i'd never thought a band like them (basically newcomers to the kansai scene as they were previously based in fukuoka) would sell out ruido. of course, a good bit of credit is def due to the member themselves.

anyway i can't say i follow kerberos as a label anywhere as much as i follow vivarush haha, but my impression of them is pretty positive for the above reasons.

There's always two sides to the story, so who knows what might actually be happening behind closed doors. 

But one thing is for sure, Kerberos does a good job at promoting.