Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

DIE/MAY new single release

5 hours ago, -NOVA- said:

have they announced a new vo. because last i recall seike left the band

Maybe one of the remaining members will take over from  him ? 

6 hours ago, The Piass said:

Maybe one of the remaining members will take over from  him ? 

Hopefully :) that would be interesting to hear and since they are continuing I wonder how previous songs will sound, anyway this is awesome news xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETM17yC5Yms

This seems to show TSUOMASU holding a microphone towards the end, so I'm guessing he's taking up vocalist duties. I was kind of hoping they would get someone else entirely, but at the very least it isn't Riotcolor picking up the vocalist position so it's fine with me.

Edited by rvrgf

Delivery is as interesting as those by any other not-definitely-missed love metal-genre act (Lovex, anyone?) circa 2005-2008.

Edited by Alroy

Riotcolor shouldn't have been allowed to sing even one word in that. I know it's not particularly the place to mention it but I've long had an irrational hatred of Riotcolor. Something about his face makes me want to hit him and his voice is even worse. On the other hand though I think he's the main songwriter for DIE/MAY so it's not like I could ever really hope he was kicked out of the band or anything, which just agitated me even more.

More on topic: I was really hoping TSUOMASU would be a better vocalist than he actually seems to be. Neither his clean nor unclean vocals were impressive in any way, and though it affected both his cleans and uncleans, his clean vocals in particular sounded really weird at times, almost robotic even, and I'm unsure if it was a result of processing on his voice, or just how he sings. A bit of both if I had to guess. The song also seems to suffer from the same issue that pretty much all other DIE/MAY songs past 2014 suffer from, in that it sounds messy and forgettable.

Something I found interesting was how TSUOMASU doesn't appear to play guitar any more, and the description doesn't list him as a guitarist, only a vocalist. I'm guessing they wanted to give the look of having a dedicated vocalist or something but it's not like having a main vocalist that also plays guitar is an overly unusual thing, so I'm not sure what their goal was with that. I really wish they had gotten someone else on board to do vocals instead of picking it up themselves.

All in all it wasn't the worst thing I've ever heard but I'm not exactly super eager to hear more from them in future. But there's also probably some bias there because the main reason I even cared about them was because of Seike, like I'm sure was the most with most of their fans. I'll still keep an eye on them because I do like their older music still and maybe they'll release something great in future but for the most part I'd probably consider myself over them now.

8 hours ago, emmny said:

@nekkichisay something nice

I appreciate fetal alcohol syndrome chanteuse’s commitment to performing.
an amazing inspiration and a much needed reminder for everyone thinking that prenatal mistakes of their parents are hindering them in any way.

that’s about it.

what do you think about this piv?

19 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I appreciate fetal alcohol syndrome chanteuse’s commitment to performing.
an amazing inspiration and a much needed reminder for everyone thinking that prenatal mistakes of their parents are hindering them in any way.

that’s about it.

what do you think about this piv?

SAVAGE

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually ok?
Sure, the guitarist singing probably wasn´t the best thing.. but other than that.. I´ve expected worse to be honest

Nice use of manual tuning to the vocals! Also good effects to make the growls sound like actual growls.
Good mix, okay song, not sure about the vocals yet~ his voice is okay tho 

8 hours ago, TODORA said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually ok?
Sure, the guitarist singing probably wasn´t the best thing.. but other than that.. I´ve expected worse to be honest

I know I didn't do a great job getting it across but I did actually like it. I don't think it's a bad song, certainly not their worst, and the more I've listened to it the more it's grown on me.

I'm not someone who has anything against DIE/MAY by default, but let's just say that this is not something I would like to listen.

16 hours ago, Disposable said:

yikes lol

whoever introduced those moody shots of animals and ruins into vk should be held accountable for his crimes.

it basically looks like a one long rentrer en soi FWD cosplay clip with gazette's dogma teaser ~aesthetics~

Spoiler

they essentially keep it consistent.

On 1/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, Disposable said:

I wonder how artistically fulfilling it is to 1:1 rip off the gazette's sound and aesthetics. 

👍🏻

Edited by nekkichi

On 15.6.2017 at 9:14 PM, Takadanobabaalien said:

yes

I know why I refused to look at this page for some time..

Sign in to follow this