Sign in to follow this  
heresytrash

coldrain

Does anyone here listen to them?

I'm curious, as I would like to meet more fans.

I saw them live, once back in November of 2015, and then this past year at Warped Tour. They put on a good show, and having met them twice-they are genuinely nice people too.

[Also if there's already a thread about them, feel free to let me know. I tried searching for one, but couldn't find any.]

Did a research but couldn't find a thread about the band, I'm shocked. Haven't seen them live yet, but I'll certainly do the next time they'll be touring in Europe. Their latest album is bloody amazing and so is their discography. My fav albums are probably Vena and The Revelation + all their mini-albums.

1 minute ago, Visutox said:

Did a research but couldn't find a thread about the band, I'm shocked. Haven't seen them live yet, but I'll certainly do the next time they'll be touring in Europe. Their latest album is bloody amazing and so is their discography. My fav albums are probably Vena and The Revelation + all their mini-albums.

I hope they come back overseas soon! If you do get a chance, I really suggest it! I was surprised the first time I saw them here in the States, because they were so good. I really like Vena, and I don't think there's a song I don't like from them.

I hope they headline their own tour tbh.

1 minute ago, heresytrash said:

I hope they come back overseas soon! If you do get a chance, I really suggest it! I was surprised the first time I saw them here in the States, because they were so good. I really like Vena, and I don't think there's a song I don't like from them.

I hope they headline their own tour tbh.

Will do for sure! I heard it's really worth paying to see them live, I'm curious as hell.

They headlined in Europe the last time they came btw, which is pretty huge tbh. Respect to them, they're going places the right way and the best way. Need a new album from them asap.

I got into them by chance because of a tweet I saw from a member of another band I liked. And honestly I'm surprised there wasn't a thread already for them, because they seem to be gaining a lot of popularity especially with doing Warped Tour this year.

I'm hoping for their own headline tour, or maybe one day save up and see them in Japan.

I was a casual listener before seeing them live. [lol] and then I got a hold of Vena and it went from there.

Just now, Visutox said:

Will do for sure! I heard it's really worth paying to see them live, I'm curious as hell.

They headlined in Europe the last time they came btw, which is pretty huge tbh. Respect to them, they're going places the right way and the best way. Need a new album from them asap.

Oh really? I didn't know that. When they played in the States, they were the opening band-but they haven't played in the States before their Northlane/Volumes tour so that's probably why. Wish I could've seen them then too.

They have a new extension to their Vena Album, but that's it. Two new songs and two acoustic versions of Gone and the Story.

Yep! Check this out: http://assets.teamrock.com/image/b202542b-37f8-4001-85ee-e871171d275e?w=800

They're young and they've already accomplished some great stuff, I'm sure you will be able to see them again and very soon, I hope! 

I enjoyed Born to Bleed, even though I'm not totally fond of the two acoustic versions. 

Edited by Visutox

Oh! I think a lot of the footage used in Wrong was taken from this tour! That's so cool ;A;

I honestly loved the acoustic versions, but that's okay if you didn't like them. We all have our personal tastes. I really like Masato's vocals in those two, but I always was a sucker for Acoustic songs to begin with.

I have only two physical copies of their albums though, the Revelation and Vena. Which both I got when I saw them the two times, and I'm sort of scared to touch one album cause they signed it for me.

Probably, can't say.

Well, I mean I really enjoyed the acoustic version of Gone but The Story didn't really amaze me tbf. Of course we do, btw I absolutely love the original versions so yeah! Haha. 

As you're speaking about Masato's vocals, I absolutely loved how he improved and with Vena he really reached a huge level. Really impressive.

Yeah, it's not easy to get their stuff without paying a ridiculous amount of money. That's why one should cease the chance when they're touring overseas. 

Edited by Visutox

Yeah, I usually go to itunes if I can anymore. Though I would rather have the physical copy incase anything happens to my account.

The Story is probably one of my favorite songs by them, I'm actually hoping to get a lyric tattoo based off it lol

i freaking love coldrain so much it physically hurts me. my very first vinyl in my soon-to-be collection was vena because why the fuck not?

i got to see 'em twice for my birthday on warped last year and was so happy. I was supposed to see them here in my hometown last march but they got in that bad bus wreck between texas and here and had to miss the show. D; @heresytrashwhich warped date(s) did you go to???

man, y'all talking about the cost being so high. the special price they had for vena + the revelation while on warped was a freaking steal. i think it was like 15 for both albums or something close to that?? less than i paid for one mini at tower records. :v

-throws confetti- YAY COLDRAIN FANS. \o/

2 minutes ago, fictioninhope said:

; @heresytrashwhich warped date(s) did you go to???

I went to their Salt Lake City date, I was thinking of going to their Vegas date but had no funds for it. D:

Yeah, I got VENA when they first came with Volumes and Northlane, but I got the Revelation at the Warped Tour and it only cost me like 10 bucks each?

nice, nice! hopefully it wasn't too hot in your neck of the woods. i went to two of the florida dates. wanted to go to the dallas one too since it's driving distance for me but i ended up with some unexpected medical expenses like 2 weeks before the show so had to cancel the dallas plans. why money gotta be such an issue? XD

i'm kinda hoping they'll bring different cds with them next time?? like bring some older stuff. importing ain't cheap and even buying it in japan still isn't cheap. :v that warped price was soooooo nice.

what's your fave song on vena??????? mine was originally gone but then fire in the sky and the story took over my life.

They have a lot of their older music on Itunes, which is nice for me but I'm waiting to get enough money to splurge on all their music instead of just doing it little by little. I hope they come back and bring their older CD's with them too. It's hard to find anything by them on youtube, I've been trying to track down their cover of STUCK lol.

Honestly, my favorite is Gone, Wrong, and The Heart of the Young. And Runaway. It's so hard for me to find a favorite song though, because I honestly love them all.

i'm one of those "i'd rather have a physical copy" kind of people so once i find a band i really like i want to buy everything lol. i used to do just that and not give any fucks about cost but i got bills to pay and a gut to put food into so no more mindless cd shopping for me. ;n;

vena is so great, i swear my fave track from it has changed month to month. i think the only song i'm not like 100% with is whole. it's a beautiful song and i love it but i have to be in a mood for slow jams and i'm usually not in that mood.

Same here! Though I'm a little crazy when it comes to my other favorite band, with other bands I really have to have the funds for it.

Yeah, mine too. I really started to appreciate the Heart of the Young just recently, and I honestly love listening to Masato try out many things when it comes to his vocals. He really is good though at anything, but that could be me being bias too.

Honestly I love paying attention to every detail, especially Katsuma's drumming. He's such a badass when it comes to drumming.

Oooh thanks @seurongfor the tag. If it's the holy trinity Crossfaith, coldrain, and SiM and Crystal Lake I am here for it!!

If you're looking for coldrain fans @heresytrash you can count me in. :)

I also saw them with the Northlane/Volumes and Warped tour last year. (I have a live report on it over here. *^^*) It was great, I'm happy to hear you also had a great experience meeting them. They are super sweet guys. 

I've been a fan since "Die Tomorrow"/Nothing Lasts Forever era. Like.. the last time Masato had his hair black. lol. So when they came to the states I lost it. I'm sad I couldn't see their tour last spring with Emarosa though, were you able to go to that? Emarosa is another favorite band of mine, but the irony is I was in Japan while coldrain were here. :|

1 minute ago, doombox said:

Oooh thanks @seurongfor the tag. If it's the holy trinity Crossfaith, coldrain, and SiM and Crystal Lake I am here for it!!

If you're looking for coldrain fans @heresytrash you can count me in. :)

I also saw them with the Northlane/Volumes and Warped tours last year. (I have a live report on it over here. *^^*) It was great, I'm happy to hear you also had a great experience meeting them. They are super sweet guys. 

I've been a fan since "Die Tomorrow"/Nothing Lasts Forever era. Like.. the last time Masato had his hair black. lol. So when they came to the states I lost it. I'm sad I couldn't see their tour last spring with Emarosa though, were you able to go to that? Emarosa is another favorite band of mine, but the irony is I was in Japan while coldrain were here. :|

I was introduced to them back in their revelation era, but I've listened to almost all their songs😊

Unfortunately they didn't come near me when they came with emarosa, though I almost went to their vegas date if it weren't for the fact I had to choose between them and another band going to California.

but I saw them with volumes and northlane and at warped so I hope this means future dates overseas. 

I also saw crossfaith once! I only remember meeting hiro but they're super sweet too.

6 minutes ago, heresytrash said:

I was introduced to them back in their revelation era, but I've listened to almost all their songs😊

Unfortunately they didn't come near me when they came with emarosa, though I almost went to their vegas date if it weren't for the fact I had to choose between them and another band going to California.

but I saw them with volumes and northlane and at warped so I hope this means future dates overseas. 

I also saw crossfaith once! I only remember meeting hiro but they're super sweet too.

That's good, I know they are a big heavier now than they used to be but I consider all of their releases to be pretty solid. Do you have a favorite?

Yeah, that Emarosa tour was kinda short iirc but hopefully Hopeless releases their next record over here and gets them touring again. They put out a new record almost every year so I'm optimistic! I miss Crossfaith, I hope they come back again soon too. Crossfaith are awesome guys, and they're one of my favorite live bands hands down. If they ever tour here together with coldrain I might cry. 

3 minutes ago, doombox said:

That's good, I know they are a big heavier now than they used to be but I consider all of their releases to be pretty solid. Do you have a favorite?

Yeah, that Emarosa tour was kinda short iirc but hopefully Hopeless releases their next record over here and gets them touring again. They put out a new record almost every year so I'm optimistic! I miss Crossfaith, I hope they come back again soon too. Crossfaith are awesome guys, and they're one of my favorite live bands hands down. If they ever tour here together with coldrain I might cry. 

I really like the song six feet under but my favorite album thus far is Vena. There's not a song on there I don't like, except maybe whole but that song is good for what it is. 

Im looking forward to their future releases, they're really great and honestly if they tour with crossfaith I'd die too lol they're both great live, not sure if I could handle all that awesome at once 

22 hours ago, heresytrash said:

I really like the song six feet under but my favorite album thus far is Vena. There's not a song on there I don't like, except maybe whole but that song is good for what it is. 

Im looking forward to their future releases, they're really great and honestly if they tour with crossfaith I'd die too lol they're both great live, not sure if I could handle all that awesome at once 

I love the build up in "Whole" and I feel like they never have written a song quite like that before so it really stands out in their catalog. But I can understand it's not for everyone. VENA is a solid album. It was a bit slow starting for me but every time I listen to it I just love it more now. I didn't know it was possible but VENA just does that to a person. ;)

Love them and have all of their albums/EP's on CD! Might import VENA again though because the U.S version i have had a misprinted cover and it irritates me every time i look at it haha

4 hours ago, doombox said:

I love the build up in "Whole" and I feel like they never have written a song quite like that before so it really stands out in their catalog. But I can understand it's not for everyone. VENA is a solid album. It was a big slow starting for me but every time I listen to it I just love it more now. I didn't know it was possible but VENA just does that to a person. ;)

I think the song I love most off VENA is wrong, I remember them playing it at Warped Tour and it was one of those songs I had to sing along with. The Drum tech guy smiled at me cause he saw what I was doing, so I got embarrassed and stopped lol

I felt that Revelation is also a good album, but VENA is just....well it's been a year and I still can't get enough of it. It's honestly so good.

1 hour ago, Greyen said:

Love them and have all of their albums/EP's on CD! Might import VENA again though because the U.S version i have had a misprinted cover and it irritates me every time i look at it haha

I heard about that, though I'm not sure what the cover looks like so I'm unsure if I got it or not. I think I got the normal one.

Sign in to follow this