Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

Help with creating the 2017 Master release / new/disband/hiatus list

I know some of you think, maybe it's useless, maybe some of you think, it's useful.

But I would like to keep up a list of almost all releases of 2017. Also a list of bands who made their debut in 2017, bands who decided to go on a break in 2017, bands who restart again in 2017 and bands who give up and break up..

Every year at the end, I personal don't really know where to find a list of stuff what was released each month. Of course we have a calender over here but I already did notice that we still miss at least 100 releases over there. 

I hope to get some help from some of you.

Of course I check everyday MH to see if people shared new news, however lot's of bands also did announce their shit somewhere in 2016.

So who do I miss?

For new releases
https://vkeishuuryu.wordpress.com/

For New bands, disbanding, hiatus

https://vkeikonkon.wordpress.com/

Just use (category )Tags to check up.

Just drop a comment with the release which I still need to update.

Of course a link to the band's website/twitter would be also nice.

I know there is a calendar list here on MH. But I prefer a more clean / more easy to check list too.

However I hope there will be people who still give an helping hand, and point me if there are releases who are still missing, so that we got a nice clean master-list too at the end of the year.  Of course I also will help out to update the calendar over here.

Edited by BrenGun

1 hour ago, DarkWater said:

Of course we have a calender over here but I already did notice that we still miss at least 100 releases over there. 

I update the calendar here with cdjapan list of VK new items added, so I should miss some releases (webshop, jpop, jrock). But if you know more osbcure stuff than me or us (the few people who are updating the calendar), then why not update our calendar instead of doing a blog apart from here?

11 minutes ago, eiheartx said:

I update the calendar here with cdjapan list of VK new items added, so I should miss some releases (webshop, jpop, jrock). But if you know more osbcure stuff than me or us (the few people who are updating the calendar), then why not update our calendar instead of doing a blog apart from here?

Because I really dislike if check the calender that  I don't see a band photo.  That you have to click on the "NAME" to see any information.

Also if you click on a name you don't always see information such as "website and twitter"

Also more difficult to check out later, if a band already released more than just one release or already more CD's/DVD in a year.

So even with helping updating the calendar than I also have a list which I can put on my blog too.

15 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

I know that, but as already told you, for me the calendar looks like a mess and it's far from complete.

2 minutes ago, DarkWater said:

Because I really dislike if check the calender that  I don't see a band photo.  That you have to click on the "NAME" to see any information.

Also if you click on a name you don't always see information such as "website and twitter"

(...)

I know that, but as already told you, for me the calendar looks like a mess and it's far from complete.

Well, it's a calendar, it's here only as a reminder for releases. I'm not going to write a biography each time I'm creating a post. If someone want to know more about a band, there's still a research function on the news forum.

Just now, eiheartx said:

Well, it's a calendar, it's here only as a reminder for releases. I'm not going to write a biography each time I'm creating a post. If someone want to know more about a band, there's still a research function on the news forum.

True, but that's also what bugs me often. Also in the news forum there are often no links to official website twitter.

There why I prefer my blog thing, with just some basic information.  For me it's just: Picture, release date, tracklist, cd/dvdcovers, website/twitter. 

Also if you search here, you often also see a mess of discussions etc. Which takes sometimes also a while until you know what you wanna know, or still don't know what you wanted to know.

But I will help out with the calendar too.

55 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Visual vice releases each month a list of all the releases, including live limited and stuff like that.

You could use them to check if I miss something.
But it's all in French, and my French isn't always good for everything XD

But they don't have the monthly tag....  so still difficult to check up things back -_-

Edited by BrenGun

29 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Mine is, I can help you with that ;)

haha, then help please of the stuff which isn't added yet. the MH calendar also should be as much as complete as possible. <- for those who love that more ^^

Edited by BrenGun

1 hour ago, DarkWater said:

haha, then help please of the stuff which isn't added yet. the MH calendar also should be as much as complete as possible. <- for those who love that more ^^

How do you even update the calendar? *Searching*

Just now, Komorebi said:

I wish I could be that organized hahaha

that's where I got that blog for. I can add, and later add everything to the MH list. o.o so somehow it's useful I think

vkdb has a calendar for news (new bands, disbandments, new members, departures, revivals etc),  birthdays, and releases, but the release list rarely includes live dists.

puresound lists most live-limited releases and it's one of the most conclusive sources to find a band's entire discography

Sign in to follow this