Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

DARKWATER's best of 2016

I already posted this on MH, I did re-wrote it a bit, but I still keep up with this small list, of course there are some other nice bands, But I like to share a small list of bands I truly like, and bands who are a bit not that loved on this forum. I really think that everyone should check out these bands. Be free to ask any more information if you want more information.

So I give you my best band top 10 with their releases of this year in this first post.
The 2nd post I will share my list of my bought 2016 CD's

NEWCOMER BAND: THE NOSTRADAMNZ
C1zt004XUAAoLoL.jpg

4 Releases: 大予言/ Zombie World Keeps Singing / ヴィルヘイムへ告ぐ /  ほころびて
This band released 3 singles and 1 mini album. These 4 works are truly amazing and I really think people should check out their works. Their mini album is easy to buy on the legal digital web such as itunes and google play, Also the mini album is for free to listen on sites such as spotify. Their sound is really unique it's really enjoying it's not standard visual kei, their isn't any pigg scream. It's really nice rock music with a good upbeat beat. The drums are absolute amazing. But after all I call these guys also Visual Kei, because their mindset yeah it's pretty much Visual Kei.

Check Their youtube for more!

Spoiler

NEWCOMER BAND: NEiN
C1zumFEWEAI4Q2Q.jpg

2 Releases:  廻 -kai- / 未来 & 霖の痕  (itunes)
This band released a single and digital single. 3 songs in total, however also a bonus song which you got if you bought the first single. NEiN is also a nice band with good rock music, also has members who are already longer in the music business. Still to bad to see this band not loved here on MH. I really think they are amazing. LIVE they are also absolute amazing. Great of power, music sound how it should be.  You truly can rock on! Their first single is available via diskunion, the digital you can get via itunes and yes a new mini album is coming up and you can BUY that one on CDJAPAN: HERE

Spoiler

Check their youtube for all previews.

RE-START BAND: NEXTRADE
C1zvJpfXEAAraBN.jpg

1 Release: PIZZA NEXT
This release is really different from everything they made before, it's more softer it's not really adding some digital shizzel into their music. It's much more cleaner. However it still sounds amazing and you can hear that their is truly talent in this band.  I really hope that the guys deliver something nice in 2017 again and that I wouldn't need to ask a FAN for help to obtain their shit. Even tho they really where happy   And drummer Jiro. man he is so adorable cute! Also I'm still glad that I finally saw this band in 2016!!  it took 5 years until I finally could meet them in reallife haha.  But at least I also got this mini album SIGNED!!! (*_*)

Well just listen yourself at youtube.

Spoiler

スゥイート×ホォム( Sweet x Home)
C1zv_CGXAAAOo47.jpg

2 Releases, my choice:  リビドールーム
Sweet x home always brings in something good. This band also doesn't add crazy pig screams, it's really nice tuned vkei rock music on which you also can dance wild as so many other vkei crap which sound more horrible as sweet x home. I really do think that the guys of sweet x home release each time a nice work and I hope to see them going for a few more years at least!
I still don't get why people can't get into this band, their music is really great! But maybe it simply sounds to different from vkei bands most people love? But Anyway, I feed you AGAIN with this band, come on come one! Please love them! (*_*)

Spoiler

Their youtube.

NEWCOMER BAND: DEVIZE 
メリーバッドエン (MERRY BADEND)

C1wOV9eXEAANIzj.jpg

DEVIZE: 5 Releases:  『Blood』-Begin- / 『喰葬』-Erosion- / Exodus -Type B- / Irony -全国限定版- / AXIS
DEVIZE was announced at the end of 2015 however their start was in March 2016.  DEVIZE is a strong band who release each time a strong piece of work too.  Nothing is annoying in their sound.  The guys do each time again a good job.  So why the hell people don't like them? While in Nagoya and Osaka they gain more and more fans. And the vocalist, he is handsome! <3

Spoiler

MERRY BADEND: 3 Releases テスタメント / 噛み罪 / デウス=エクス=マキナ

A band who is already around since 2015, with talented members, each song which they release sounds good.  Lucky there are some fans here of this band, which I'm happy about. I really hope to see them grow more and to be around for more years! And I really like the drawing skills of their drummer. It's so cute *_*

Spoiler

RE-START BAND: 麗麗-Reirei
C1zxKCRWEAEgdMQ.jpg

1 release: SAI:
After a long break Reirei came back with a mini album. also with a little member change, but their music still sounds amazing adding of electric sounds but also sound of national instruments. Very beautiful. Definitely a band everyone should give a change too.  I also saw them live and I say yeah they rock live too!
Check more at their youtube.

Spoiler

シュヴァルツカイン (Schwarzkain)

C1zxtpeXgAA08RJ.jpg

1 Release: Moment Glow:
Starwave band, the new Tokami, It still kinda sound as Tokami, not much did change but their first single is 100% amazing. I still think it's strange that the single isn't shared here at all, even tho you could buy it via cdjapan. sadly the single is sold out and the single didn't appear in the digital legal world. However a new album is coming up and surely going to get that one too! youtube playlist HERE.

Spoiler

THE DOGGY PADDLE
C1zz0U6XAAEybys.jpg

2 Release: My choice: Before The Storm (4tracks)
I guess I'm their only oversea fan. I know this band since 2011 and saw them 2times live. It's a truly nice  normal rockband. which also released a new CD this year.  It's not a visual kei band but just a normal rock band. The members really love oldies band such as beatels and roling stones! 
Still to bad that one of their newest CD is only live limited... Well hopefully someday I see those rockers live in Japan again, so that I can grab it!~

Check more amazing songs at youtube

Spoiler

Edited by BrenGun

In 2016 I didn't really bought that many new CD's, I still bought a few more 2nd hand CD's but not that many new new, but here we go~ Let's give a short review to the CD's I bought, and I do not regret any purchase, so yes they are 100% also My BEST of 2016!

(S) single
(A) album
(M) mini album
(D) DVD

DEVIZE  | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) 『Blood』-Begin-
(S) 『喰葬』-Erosion-
(S) Exodus -Type B-
(S) Irony -全国限定版-

Wonderful releases and I’m also really look forward to their new CD which will be released at January 18th!  DEVIZE are one of the best newcomer band of 2016!

メリーバッドエンド | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) テスタメント
(S) 噛み罪
(S) デウス=エクス=マキナ

Merry badend is definitly also one of the best bands of 2016, they also make wonderful and strong music, which their wonderful look also makes it complete. Amazing image but also an amazing sound!

NEiN | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) 廻 -kai- / 未来
(S) 霖の痕  (itunes)

NEiN, also a 2016 newcomer band and yes! FREAKING amazing too. at January 11th they will release their first mini album and I already have that one pre-ordered! I can't wait for more, their sound it's perfect!

スゥイート×ホォム | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) 『アイネクライネ』
(S) リビドールーム

Sweet x Home is also a nice band, they are born in 2015 but still on going while creating real nice music. I’m still hoping that more and more people will notice the greatness of this band!

THE SOUND BEE HD |  OFFICIAL WEB
(M) BLooD RaiN |
(D) 2015.11.27池袋EDGE〜bloody sight 血塗られた景色〜

It was a while since I liked something from them again. After some years they really put something on the market which got my attention after the first play. I think that this mini-album is the best release after HACHI in 2010.

Calmando Qual | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) 静かなる苦痛

Calmando Qual last CD release, a nice CD. I was a good CD to close their existence. To bad that they didn't make such kind of songs at the beginning of Starwave, than they would have much more success for sure. But well... Hibiki is doing good now in THE HIGH GRIP!

Tokami | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) BLACK DISCS
(D) Advent Gibeon

Tokami, it’s also bad that they endd their existence but lucky they came back as SCHWARZKAIN!

シュヴァルツカイン | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) Moment Glow

Schwarzkain the return of Tokami, they came back with a little member change however I’m glad that there are 3 original members in this band and they are rocking again! And I hope to see them around for many more years!

THE NOSTRADAMNZ | OFFICIAL WEB
(M) 大予言 (itunes)
(S) ZOMBIE WORLD KEEPS SINGING
(S) ヴィルヘイムに告ぐ
(S) ほころびて

The Nostradamnz is also one of the best newcomer bands of this year. Hopefully they stay long together. Because their music is truly amazing.

THE DOGGY PADDLE | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) Voo!Doo!Doo!! (itunes)
(M) before the storm-EP

The Doggy Paddle always release something good and nice. I’m glad to still have them around and I really hope that they will deliver me much more music the upcoming years!

SiM | OFFICIAL WEB
(A) THE BEAUTiFUL PEOPLE

I actually don’t really like SiM however with this album they did catch my attention. However I can’t call myself a diehard fan, but I do look forward for something new. Let’s see where this band will go.

NEXTRADE | OFFICIAL WEB
(M) PIZZA NEXT

NEXTRADE made finally a restart this year and they rock again. Their music changed a lot, but that’s fine for me. They should keep going!

麗麗 | OFFICIAL WEB
(M) 賽-sai-

Reirei also did restart this year and yes their mini album really rocks a lot! Glad to have them back, even if I never listen to them before.

SIN. | OFFICIAL WEB
(M) BLACK OUT
(S) DAYLIGHT

SIN. also made a restart this year? kinda did change their name? I don’t relaly remember, however they did catch my attention at 9/15 while I was watching their live. Hopefully they keep up going. I enjoy their music.

DAMIJAW | OFFICIAL WEB
(D) 「DAMIJAW 47都道府県tour”Be with You!!!!!”3 FINAL」

I usually don’t buy DVD’s and I actually still need to watch this DVD. Well I did but I didn’t really pay attention to it. Be with you 2 I also need to watch. But hey DAMIJAW is a great band, that’s why I bought this DVD.  But I guess DAMIJAW is over now? >_<)

LOUDNESS | OFFICIAL WEB
(A) SAMSARA FLIGHT

This LOUDNESS album is a remaster album. my version also got a CD with fan favorite and also a DVD of a concert of last year. A nice release but I hope they will release brand new songs next year again.  It also came in a very high quality box.

THE VACK’S | OFFICIAL WEB
(A) FREE WHEEL

THE VACK’S members are far far over my age,  but they still know how to rock.

ザアザア | OFFICIAL WEB
(S) カミソリ

xaa-xaa is a band with lot’s of shit songs and lot’s of nice songs. I really don’t like every release. But I like to support them once in a while. So this year I only bought kamisori which is a nice release.

V/A
(A) 「妖幻鏡 -west- Vol.3 Survive as an Innovator」

The best V/A album after a while. Every band really did pick a good song to put on this V/A I really enjoy them all.  This V/A won’t disappoint any Vkei fan! It’s a must have!

Edited by BrenGun

22 hours ago, DarkWater said:

V/A
(A) 「妖幻鏡 -west- Vol.3 Survive as an Innovator」

I didn't listen to this until like five months after it came out but damn! There are like 5 or 6 awesome (exclusive to this V/A?) songs on there. It's weird to say but that omnibus would definitely be in my top 10 VK albums of the year.

58 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I didn't listen to this until like five months after it came out but damn! There are like 5 or 6 awesome (exclusive to this V/A?) songs on there. It's weird to say but that omnibus would definitely be in my top 10 VK albums of the year.

Even the songs which are not that great sound damn amazing on this V/A. The flowing of each song after each other is just perfect.  I don't even like al bands individual. But I like the songs on this V/A a lot.  Which doesn't always happen if you listen to a V/A. often songs on a V/A aren't that great at all. but for me it feels that the artist really put on a great song.

Still weird to put a V/A in a top 10 albums. but if you would rate up V/A of 2016 this one should be on place 1 for sure.  Maybe even the best V/A ever.

Sign in to follow this