Sign in to follow this  
薔薇の末裔

MAYU and EMIRU (ex-LAREINE) collaboration with Azusa Kobayashi

Ex-LAREINE members MAYU and EMIRU are collaborating with Azusa Kobayashi on her new mini-album "Blue".

MAYU composed and plays guitar on all songs. EMIRU plays bass and also works as recording engineer, manipulator and arranger.

The album also features covers of LAREINE's "Darkness" and "Sakura" (both music and lyrics by MAYU).

It looks like EMIRU is closely working with MAYU on his new recording studio METAMORPHOSE.

MAYU will also play guitar on Azusa's oneman live on January 29th as a guest. The album will be sold in advance there.

3rd Mini Album「Blue ~光と闇の中で~ (Blue ~hikari to yami no naka de~」
Release date: 2017/2/14

Price: 2,000 yen

Tracklist:
1.Blue
2.Jealousy
3.Darkness *LAREINE cover
4.月が照らす欠片 (Tsuki ga terasu kakera)
5.藍のワルツ (Ai no waltz)
6.さくら (sakura) *LAREINE cover

Btw while being an (almost 40 year old) idol, Azusa usually collaborates with visual kei artists. Her backing band included Naoki (Kaggra), Kyoki (Secilia Luna), Setsuna (Metis Gretel),  Mataro (from kozi's solo band) and others.

More info about the release is on her blog: http://ameblo.jp/kobayashi-azusa/entry-12234614680.html

If this project is as good as ANUBIS, it will be very interesting.

So far it sounds like Kanon Wakeshima' project with Mana, the samples are good. Let's wait the full release

I just ordered it on Amazon JP. It seemed like it would be super difficult to get because it's so indie, but it turned out to be easy. Amazon's international shipping is cheap too. I'm hoping my CD arrives in one piece with such cheap shipping, but if this turns out to be a good way to buy from Japan I will be really happy.

Link for anyone else who wants to try:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01N7YPY6M/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_asp_maQrM.XP48SVN

The song in the first video sounded familiar to me. Is that Mayu, by the way?

The second video I liked it better. The song sounds more energetic and inspired; also, it has that LAREINE essence. :lovely:

Loved the sound but all I could think is that all the songs would have sounded a million times better with Kamijo on vocals. D: But I will admit my bias of not really being fond of female vocals for VK.

With Azusa singing a couple of the tracks just sound a little too mid-2000s anime theme-ish for me to listen to on the regular.

EMIRU and MAYU aren't even in the MV. It seems this girl is more in the spotlight than they are and I hate that. I want a real band with the bois. This sounds like a bore. 

Edited by lichtlune

17 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

EMIRU and MAYU aren't even in the MV. It seems this girl is more in the spotlight than they are and I hate that. I want a real band with the bois. 

Well this is her project after all - as the op states, Emiru & Mayu are just guest musicians (although the title is a little misleading)

21 hours ago, seikun said:

The song in the first video sounded familiar to me. Is that Mayu, by the way?

It is!

tumblr_oqylxca59H1r1ynk9o1_1280.jpg

(jesus christ he has toothpick legs)

Sign in to follow this