suji

Misaruka will conditionally -disband-?! (update (1/12): YEAH)

I'm not really following them closely and have like 0 interest in their recent career, but from what I  recall through the years here's my point of view.

When Misaruka came out as a kotekote band almost ten years ago, I actually thought that through the years they could become a solid band at least for the kote lovers indepent scene. They were nothing special, but they came out at a time there was like nobody prominent for that genre and they had somehow decent vocals which made it more interesting imo. Then KISAKI stole their guitarist and the other one left too. 

When they came back a year later with new members they started morphing into a budget clone of Versailles. Maybe at that time they felt Versailles kei could be the new trend? I mostly think it's due to Rin liking Versailles/Hizaki a bit too much. Just Misaruka's musicianship (and production/engineers etc) is as good as it takes to be a decent Versailles copycat band. I think Versailles had the same problem after a few years, but being tied to those aesthetics and sound makes it pretty hard to find something refreshing and new to do, both in terms of costumes and new songs. And in Misaruka's case, their limited skills doesn't really help I guess. I never thought Rin was bad, but I recall sawah's guitar work being total garbage and the rest of the other members not really shining as musicians or stage personas either. They are not even that young to be able to improve that much through the years either (some members are already around or over 40). Adding their crazy release schedule and intense activity to the plate just made it worse. 

It's good the label is pushing a lot on them but I don't think they have been able to handle it. Also Kiwamu made a few band choices too: shooing one decent music video instead of 200 shitty ones would have probably benefited their image, and turning down stupid MALICE MIZER cover requests and trimming their sound a bit would have helped definately ;)

Also if you are trying to be a Versailles clone maybe spending more money on costumes? 

I am sure they are not disbanding and just trying to get more attention, but switching to a genre that is a bit more comfortable for their skills/budget and slow down a bit would have been the right choice to me. Looks like rui is a fairly popular singer on niconico covering anime songs or something like that: maybe that might be something to focus on more.

4 hours ago, 薔薇の末裔 said:

I'm not really following them closely and have like 0 interest in their recent career, but from what I  recall through the years here's my point of view.

When Misaruka came out as a kotekote band almost ten years ago, I actually thought that through the years they could become a solid band at least for the kote lovers indepent scene. They were nothing special, but they came out at a time there was like nobody prominent for that genre and they had somehow decent vocals which made it more interesting imo. Then KISAKI stole their guitarist and the other one left too. 

When they came back a year later with new members they started morphing into a budget clone of Versailles. Maybe at that time they felt Versailles kei could be the new trend? I mostly think it's due to Rin liking Versailles/Hizaki a bit too much. Just Misaruka's musicianship (and production/engineers etc) is as good as it takes to be a decent Versailles copycat band. I think Versailles had the same problem after a few years, but being tied to those aesthetics and sound makes it pretty hard to find something refreshing and new to do, both in terms of costumes and new songs. And in Misaruka's case, their limited skills doesn't really help I guess. I never thought Rin was bad, but I recall sawah's guitar work being total garbage and the rest of the other members not really shining as musicians or stage personas either. They are not even that young to be able to improve that much through the years either (some members are already around or over 40). Adding their crazy release schedule and intense activity to the plate just made it worse. 

It's good the label is pushing a lot on them but I don't think they have been able to handle it. Also Kiwamu made a few band choices too: shooing one decent music video instead of 200 shitty ones would have probably benefited their image, and turning down stupid MALICE MIZER cover requests and trimming their sound a bit would have helped definately ;)

Also if you are trying to be a Versailles clone maybe spending more money on costumes? 

I am sure they are not disbanding and just trying to get more attention, but switching to a genre that is a bit more comfortable for their skills/budget and slow down a bit would have been the right choice to me. Looks like rui is a fairly popular singer on niconico covering anime songs or something like that: maybe that might be something to focus on more.

I agree with you, Misaruka is a good band with a good sound but Kiwamu leads them to ruin because this band participates ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY in events organized by Starwave Records and only a few times we see Misaruka participate in events organized by other record companies.. it is ridiculous then see how many PV did just to try to sell more, such as World's End, Unacceptable and Violet are just RIDICULOUS (although the songs I love so much) because they filmed the scene in a tiny stage on.. all accompanied by effects inserted by Kiwamu to fool our eyes.

About Sawah, I never found a good guitarist in him.. from 2010 until today it seems still a beginner as opposed to Rin that even though trying to copy Hizaki in every sense, does a good job and his guitar solos are very beautiful in my opinion [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZLylKovNn0]

For Azami.. really do not know, he plays a 5-string and does his job, maybe it's not a professional bass player but I do not find anything negative.

Vetchie is cool, he uses the double pedal and does its job.

Rui is a good singer and has sung (when he wants to be) I love his falsetto, although his growls are a bit ugly.

BUT ABOVE ALL, Misaruka sometimes have problems on stage about their instruments.. Kiwamu has kindly uploaded to youtube two full live of Misaruka and in both live, members have problems and during the songs have to stop to see what has happened to them tool.

Example 1 = -2:15- Azami for almost full song (violet) has problems with his bass guitar.

Example 2 = -12:16- Azami during Rogation suddenly goes away and comes back after a few minutes.

Example 3 = -9:50- Rin during "What Do You Want" has problems with his guitar.

Example 4 = -5:26- Rin during Merrow-sin has "again" another problem with his guitar and stop playing!

I don't mind so much the idea of being straight with fans, transparency is something to be treasured, unfortunately.
It's all in how you go about it, being honest with the fact you can't continue as a band without money is fine, it's legitimate and an acceptable premise.

I don't think the sound of their music is good. I find it poorly produced and saturated with synthetic melodies and other sounds, especially that ridiculous violin sound >.<

Apart from what the band itself has to solve I think SR also has to improve its production quality.

On 10-1-2017 at 4:32 PM, Serox said:

Their oneman-live at Takadanobaba Area (Capacity: 400-450 seats)

to be held January 12 is officially gone SOLD OUT!!!

(ie two days before the concert lol)

-> http://dlonline.ocnk.net/product/1182 <-

Lol, so they won't break up. hahaha

but after all, No Misaruka was never a good band. and if musicians keep on having troubles with their guitar... well, as so long it doesn't take fire (as kinda what happened with Kenka's bass at a live in Europe...)  then it means a musician is just unskilled.

After listen to misaruka for a long while I don't think that these guys did grow at all.

And yes there are  starwave bands who did grow in their starwave time, look at soundbee and tokami even  now schwarzkain they all gotten better.

Misaruka is just a good looking band. which is only about to sell their CD/DVD shit to get money.

Just now, nekkichi said:

tbh their members in the videos ITT are the opposite of good looking

Lol... because they are over 35 years old. maybe even in 40ties? XD

But their photos etc always look great.

ya I don't think caked on makeup and dry like fucc hair looks that well w/o photoshop

it's not even the age thing, just their general rattiness.

holy shit if they are in late thirties and still pull of the immature conditionally disbanding indie nonsense tbh 

Edited by nekkichi

4 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

ya I don't think caked on makeup and dry like fucc hair looks that well w/o photoshop

holy shit if they are in late thirties and still pull of the immature conditionally disbanding indie nonsense tbh 

"their general rattiness"

hahaha... 

Yeah of course they are in their late thirties, you can see that at their face without make-up pretty good.  They can't be in their 20ties or early 30ties at all.

But the immature conditionally disbanding comes from Kiwamu side I think. It's just a common selling strategy. But I believe they already got a bit of harsh feedback from Japanese fans of that statement. But look what happened the gig is SOLD out.  wouldn't happened without that statement. I also think, it made people curious to Misaruka so people decided to go. 

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

I'm so glad I'm not the meanie who had to openly say this first XDDD

They ugly lol

2 hours ago, DarkWater said:

Lol, so they won't break up. hahaha

but after all, No Misaruka was never a good band. and if musicians keep on having troubles with their guitar... well, as so long it doesn't take fire (as kinda what happened with Kenka's bass at a live in Europe...)  then it means a musician is just unskilled.

After listen to misaruka for a long while I don't think that these guys did grow at all.

And yes there are  starwave bands who did grow in their starwave time, look at soundbee and tokami even  now schwarzkain they all gotten better.

Misaruka is just a good looking band. which is only about to sell their CD/DVD shit to get money.

Sorry but I do not agree with you.. they in my opinion until the beginning of 2015 were a good band, until their album "The Butterfly Effect" after which they made a mini-album titled VERY LONG (MAWARU KISETSU NI TSUDURU KIMI TO BOKU NO UTA) with listenable track but quite boring and with a detached enough sound than their songs they have done in the past with the rock-aristocratic style.. >_>

PS : The Sound Bee HD will never grow as the number of fans T__T although I must admit that musically improved! ^^ 

Misaruka was never a good band. if they where, then their music wouldn't sound like this.  real good artist want to deliver good songs no matter what.

and soundbee have a bunch of Japanese fans. their fanbase isn't that small as you think.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:32 AM, Serox said:

Their oneman-live at Takadanobaba Area (Capacity: 400-450 seats)

to be held January 12 is officially gone SOLD OUT!!!

(ie two days before the concert lol)

-> http://dlonline.ocnk.net/product/1182 <-

I believe they just made it unavailable as they won't be able to ship the tickets on time?
preorders usually close about two days in advance and there is no sold out announcement from neither band and live house.

When Misaruka were brand new I thought they were going to progress and grow and actually go somewhere, but naw, they just kinda stayed put and their style never progressed at all really. Anyone else think that's a problem that a whole bunch of Starwave/Darkest Labyrinth's artists are plagued with? I at least tend to notice it with their bands specifically, more than a lot of other J-rock labels, not sure what's up with that, if they just aren't great at finding true talents or if the label forces these bands in a certain musical direction or if it's the bands themselves incapable of taking it to the next level. (I'm not saying all their bands have this problem, but like a horribly vast majority.)

Either way it's a lowbrow move basically threatening to call it quits if your show doesn't sell out.

12 hours ago, DarkWater said:

Misaruka was never a good band. if they where, then their music wouldn't sound like this.  real good artist want to deliver good songs no matter what.

Exactly. You could also say a legitimately talented band wouldn't run into this issue in the first place because they'll offer a product that people are actually paying to come see more than once. They're shooting themselves in the foot big time, when they didn't have a ton going in the first place, sadly.

Next live will be on the 16th, so apparently, they've reached their goal. lol no they didn't

Edited by midi:nette

Rui has opened a new twitter account where he announces his twitcasting live where he sing some songs (cover) and...

read children's books (WTF) also has entered its nico nico channel where upload some video of his covers of anime&manga songs.

https://twitter.com/merol_2525