itsukoii

Deviloof

Not exactly news now but hasn't been posted here yet. DEVILOOF will release a new single "Kaika". DEVILOOF's new single 「開花」(Kaika) comes out April 25, 2018.

Album art and track list here:

Edited by Mamo

Deviloof's  開花 is my favorite release by them now it looks like signing with Danger Crue 9th Records and teaming up with Яyo Trackmaker (aka Яyo ex. girugamesh) as a producer was genius even though it wasn't really reflected in Devil's Proof as much, it seems with 開花 they worked out the kinks and have created some very legit brutal and fantastic quality music. Easily their best release and 10/10 on the new songs.

Edited by Mamo

Yes. 開花 is perfect.and the B side track completes it.I was really pleased with the  production of this single, they've reached such a good guitar tone.Their full album was very well produced and well written but when we talk about brutal stuff

and i mean really good brutal stuff,it needs to be a bit "raw" ,imo.And this single brought the rawness needed to make everything more "legit" as mentioned above.

Devil's Proof is thick and punchy just like MONSTER from Girugamesh,but at the same time too polished.

and those melodic/pop moments in the album kinda blurred the "image" that they've built with the  PURGE EP.

Devils Proof was something like "Hey,these are all the different things we can do".But with 開花 ,they seem like "with the feet back on the ground"

knowing well in what direction they wanna go with their music. 10/10,keep it.

(Btw,Seiya and Keisuke listen to Chelsea Grin and they even posted a guitar cover of the song Recreant.And the production of this single reminds a little bit this awesome EP)

Edited by Manji 卍

I've listen to it.

And it's still not there where they should be.

If they really would sound more like Chelsea Grin, then they would blow me away, but there are still too many parts in the songs which are not amazing enough. somehow both songs feels as giving in too MUCH.  

Drums are simply HORRIBLE.

But yes, keep on going DEVILOOF. I guess after another 2-3 releases they will hit my heart.

But they surely should go this direction. 

Edited by BrenGun

Also I actually think they sound fuckin' awesome live! Hopefully Danger Crue 9th will try to put them onto Wacken Open Air or something similar in the future because they could definitely have an audience there and they did get girugamesh there before and they never were anywhere near as heavy as Deviloof even at their heaviest.  Working with Яyo could offer a lot of advantages and one of those advantages so far has been production quality which was actually really high. I have high hopes for Deviloof, I've been saying that since they signed with Danger Crue 9th but I it was confirmed with 開花(Kaika).

Regardless of whether they continue to get hate or not they have improved vastly and I honestly think they've proven themselves now with this latest release. I think they can even be popular among a western audience with just a little more exposure, Wacken would definitely be a good starting point. They also would do well to put their music on Spotify because a lot of European metal heads would love Deviloof's sound and maybe even American metal heads(although less likely I can tell you from MANY experiences). This band has the potiential to appeal to an actual heavy metal audience and not just a Visual kei market. But all of this I suppose would all be up to their management, label, or whoever decides these things for them lol. I would do a European Tour with Deviloof and Jiluka and toss a Wacken date in there somewhere. lol 

All of this is unlikely but I guarantee you if attempted would actually be possible but let's see if the label or Яyo, or even Deviloof themselves would ever even think to go that direction. *sigh* would be nice though. #hire_me_deviloof

Edited by Mamo

Agree with everything said above. 

Also,I started to notice the natural talent of Seiya, all of them are really talented,but speaking about Seiya,I just realized that he's having fun writing these tracks, and his talent for this genre of metal is real, he's not just one more guy playing there. Release by release he's developing his own style of composition,till the point you can close your eyes and listen to some new track by them and say "yeah,this is definitely Deviloof".

The new single fucking slaps. Definitely their best release.

But there is only so much you can do purely as a deathcore band. Just look at the western deathcore scene. It's becoming increasingly stale.

So, that's why I really appreciated Devil's Proof as a whole, since it showcased a wider range of their talent. Nothing against The Purge (and everything released beforehand, except  愛してください, released on the V.A. album), but it hasn't clicked with me so much as their last offerings, because whilst very technical and well written, it wasn't really all that special, apart from them being a visual band.

And I hope, that songs like 孤独死 will be their main stepping stone, moving forward. Keisuke's cleans are on point in that song and it has a perfect ration of harsh to clean vocals. 

Also more instrumentals, cause damn, Seiya is a magician.

Here's to a piano duet from Keisuke and Ray... More Ray wouldn't hurt, overall, though. Dude has a golden voice.

Edited by 123Sandman321
foking grammar

ill give credit where it's, his lows (i think falsechord) got better on the other hand it sounds like Ice/eros.

their music still sucks compared to actual deathcore and even some vk bands. I think this band should go to ryoga from savage. He has better musicality

Are they leaving on October 14 as advertised? They didn't really provide a date on their announcement, and I can't check the schedule cuz their site crashed (lol)

On 2/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, chipathy said:

Mejibray has some of the worst harsh vocals I've ever heard so lol

On 2/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, 123Sandman321 said:

Not a single vocalist you listed can't scream/growl properly. They are objectively trash, absolutely zero technique. Contrary to them Keisuke actually has a proper technique, combined with an insane range. Choosing to reject such an obvious evidence is just misguided. Did you even mean what you said? If so, I can't really take you seriously.

giphy.gif

You say "properly" as if he isn't a poser. Brutal isnt about Technique it's about intention. This dude obviously wants to be brutal  but isnt there. Mejibray, the piass and  Aikaryu on the other hand are not and are just making music; so they dont have to be as good Alex terrible, Phil Bozeman, Dickie Allen, ect. they just have to not ruin the heavy/ish instrumental.  Are you saying you prefer new BMTH 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and they're more brutal cause oli wasnt doing unclean properly and had no technique back then? Tsuzuku definitely has a great filthy Piggy lows (body), powerful raw mid screams (body,rare), sinister highs as welll as nices frys(body), and powerful shrieks and Aikaryu has better fry/highs too. Brutal is basically like fashion, you have the ITs, the people wanna be not  ITs (Deviloof, Diru), and the different swag that still serves (mejibray, Aikaryu, the piass).

EDIT: Also i know this is a mejibray website so i wont so i wont be taking your "opinions" seriously.   "they are a band that  got worse over time" being spammed. the only songs that support that were statement was  "hakuraku" and Yokusou (欲槽) ended that.

Edited by blackdoll

I appreciate your essay, but it doesn't change anything. "Brutal" is up to preference, actual vocal ability isn't. I like all those vocalists you talk about, but they lack any refinement and would wreck their voices if they went on.

19 minutes ago, blackdoll said:

Are you saying you prefer new BMTH 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Furthermore, stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that. I see you must've skimmed through my profile, but if you wanna poke at me, do your homework properly.

46 minutes ago, blackdoll said:

giphy.gif

You say "properly" as if he isn't a poser. Brutal isnt about Technique it's about intention. This dude obviously wants to be brutal  but isnt there. Mejibray, the piass and  Aikaryu on the other hand are not and are just making music; so they dont have to be as good Alex terrible, Phil Bozeman, Dickie Allen, ect. they just have to not ruin the heavy/ish instrumental.  Are you saying you prefer new BMTH 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and they're more brutal cause oli wasnt doing unclean properly and had no technique back then? Tsuzuku definitely has a great filthy Piggy lows (body), powerful raw mid screams (body,rare), sinister highs as welll as nices frys(body), and powerful shrieks and Aikaryu has better fry/highs too. Brutal is basically like fashion, you have the ITs, the people wanna be not  ITs (Deviloof, Diru), and the different swag that still serves (mejibray, Aikaryu, the piass).

What do you mean with "body"?

I'm not a musician,but I know very well that you don't need to have a specific technique to be brutal,but to STAY brutal you gotta learn it properly or take care of it,if you have a natural talent, otherwise you'll get fucked up. Some people think that we are "praising" Deviloof just bcuz it's a VK-deathcore band.No.actually, I don't even like Jiluka or Nokubura. That fact is that deathcore became one of the most forgettable subgenres ever,and thanks to KEISUKE'S vocals,I'm back at this kind of music again. Of course there's plenty of bands as brutal as Deviloof,or even better than them,no doubt,but like Keisuke,no, he's unique.

I like part of the vocals, those high-pitched shrieks especially. Other than that I usually find it hard to keep a straight face when listening to metalcore/deathcore 🤭