itsukoii

Deviloof

deviloofall.png

I figured it was time to finally make a topic for these guys. The one and only most extreme and violent visual kei band!

Members are, from left to right:

Seiya, the guitarist (Twitter, Instagram)

Daiki, the bassist (Twitter, Instagram)

Keisuke, the vocalist (no social media)

Hiroto, the drummer (Twitter, Instagram)

(unfortunately guitarist Ryuya departed from Deviloof on October 22nd, 2016)

Since debuting in 2015, Deviloof have released one single, Ruin, a live-limited single, Ishtar, and a mini-album, Purge. A full album is planned for 2017, although no details have been announced yet.

\m/

I know Ryuya left the band supposedly for musical differences in regards to moving forward. What direction do you think their new album will take them? Are we gonna get a similar sound to their mini or maybe some new elements of...?

Also curious to see how many new tracks are on this. Hoping for a new single to.

2 hours ago, Hakari said:

I know Ryuya left the band supposedly for musical differences in regards to moving forward. What direction do you think their new album will take them? Are we gonna get a similar sound to their mini or maybe some new elements of...?

Also curious to see how many new tracks are on this. Hoping for a new single to.

All of this man. :thumbs: *Points up* But honestly I doubt they will do anything new with their sound except may more types of harsh vocals such as pig squeals, and deep gutturals. But other than that, I wouldn't expect anything different. Although personally I would prefer this because they are no doubt the heaviest and most brutal vk band by far. And I do mean of all time, I know because heavy vk is the majority of what I listen to and have listened to for years. So I don't mind their current direction at all and I would love to see more of the same.

And yes I want a new single and more details on that album as well.

Edited by sume7

no way in hell would deviloof go soft on their album, i can tell you that. they've taken pride in being the heaviest vk band, so i really can't see them steering away from their roots.

as @sume7mentioned, yeah, i don't think they'll change their music direction in any way on the new album, unless they're playing with different elements of metal and vocal styles.

so far, i've loved everything that deviloof have put out. and their full album will not leave me disappointed, i can already tell.

i don't think that ryuya had too much influence,at their interview,was asked how them create their music,and seiya said that he is the composer,he makes demo tapes then keisuke make the lyrics.so i think this album is going to be a kind of "continuation" of PURGE.i'm expecting at least 14 tracks with 1 intro and another brutal artwork for the cover

I love the brutal artwork! All good points. 14 tracks would be killer hoping we get at least 8-10 new songs. I really hope they keep doing what they do, heavy vk is my thing and love it and having a band that actually can stack other heavy bands in the us and Europe is awesome. I am pumped to hear any possible new vocal abilities. Excited to see how they progress for the next little bit. 

I still haven't heard many details about the album as of yet.
Bus I do know some work has started on it, I have already checked and twerked some English lyrics.

From my perspective, Deviloof is still growing as a band, I expect them to try a few new things in the album but I think they will still maintain the same intensity they are known for throughout it all.

But I am sure it will be another great release.

1 hour ago, Hakari said:

I love the brutal artwork! All good points. 14 tracks would be killer hoping we get at least 8-10 new songs. I really hope they keep doing what they do, heavy vk is my thing and love it and having a band that actually can stack other heavy bands in the us and Europe is awesome. I am pumped to hear any possible new vocal abilities. Excited to see how they progress for the next little bit. 

I'm with this dude. But I'm hoping for 14 new track. lol #wishfulthinking You and me are like bros on this point though. chest bump

well,i know,to a brutal band like this,14 tracks is a dream.PURGE was a masterpiece,heavy and dirty guitars,great skills and versatility of keisuke on vocals,and on stage,he seems to do that easily.sometimes i see Deviloof as a remastered version of the early Chealsea Grin with the brutality and anger of dir en grey.For sure,something new is coming in this album.We got only a mini album,it's still a small piece,and we haven't seen yet all their potential.And if Ray is helping at the creation process,he is not inferior to ryuya and got more experience,so new elements might be added

45 minutes ago, Kang MarLon said:

.And if Ray is helping at the creation process,he is not inferior to ryuya and got more experience,so new elements might be added

I personally am a huge supporter of Ray.
I have known him for a year now as he has been support guitarist for another band I work with and in that time he has consistently proven himself to be extremely hard working and vastly talented.
His vocal work is also quite good, and is improving, so that is a extra bonus.

In my opinion Deviloof will be very lucky to get him if he does eventually join full time.

I know Ryuya was and still is very popular in the fanbase, but everyone please welcome Ray as well <3

Edited by Suuu

8 hours ago, sume7 said:

I'm with this dude. But I'm hoping for 14 new track. lol #wishfulthinking You and me are like bros on this point though. chest bump

Chest bump bruh

When does the album come out?

And also is this song from the album?

Also I just noticed is that some clean singing I'm hearing?

Edited by sume7

if Ray has as much potential as Suuu says he does, then i completely support him in becoming an official member.

and on another note, as much as i love Ryuya oh so much, i don't think he contributed much to the band while he was in it? so having a person like Ray take over his spot might be really good for Deviloof

Edited by itsukoii

3 hours ago, sume7 said:

them are working hard to finish the album,the release date is yet to be announced,we just know that is coming out in this year

that song will be probably included in the album,i think so.

3 hours ago, sume7 said:

they play the song HERO = MURDER at their lives since day one if i remember correctly so its no new song but also i hope it'll be on their forthcoming album

and for the clean singing keisuke already showed some clean singing on that one omnibus they participated on....

yeah,i checked that song,his clean singing fits the atmosphere

doesn't anyone have a picture of keisuke's back side?
i wanna see his tattoo

Edited by Kang MarLon

25 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

that one omnibus they participated on

Which one is that?

24 minutes ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

^ 妖幻鏡 -west- Vol.3 Survive as an Innovator

Ok I know that one actually saw it on an auction tonight. Does  "妖幻鏡" romanize to "Yougenkyou"? Also what was the name of the song/songs they had on there? I can't seem to find a track list anywhere online and the person auctioning it doesn't have it listed  either.

Edited by sume7

愛してください (aishitekudasai) was the name of the song on the omnibus.

Full track listing:

01 W~貴方を死ぬほど愛してる…貴方は死ぬほど愛せる?~ / FEST VAINQUEUR

02 SNIPER / BLESSCODE

03 人間失格-0時編- / シェルミィ

04 鬼サンコチラ手ノ鳴ル方ヘ / メリーバッドエンド

05 人魚姫 / FoLLoW

06 I cherish you / グラムヘイズ

07 情けない男のテーマ / ザアザア

08 Nameless / KAVKA

09 融愛 / DEVIZE

10 Dancing rendez-vous!! / ASTARIA

11 愛してください / Deviloof