emmny

DIR EN GREY x PIERROT Collab "Androgynos"; PIERROT fanclub "Arlequin" reopened for 2017

16 hours ago, jaymee said:

One single in three years is par for the course? D:

If arche had performed worse than expected, I imagine there'd be more pressure to release new stuff than just tour to bolster income.

I don't think fan thirst has gone anywhere... After they gave up the VK thing, the fans that have remained are pretty ride or die at this point. Dir could release an album of Kyo farting instead of growling/singing and I doubt their sales would tip much lol.

Its true. I'd still buy it

7 hours ago, Saishu said:

I suppose in the context of VK, a year since the last new thing is a long time. But these veteran bands are slowing down. When was the last time Gazette released something? Was it Undying?  

Which veteran bands? D:

Most veteran bands seem to already be on hiatus or only work together during their solo project down time. Even then they still manage to be releasing more frequently than DEG. BUCK-TICK is still able to release an album once every year, and while their last few albums many not be as great as their past work, it still sounds better than 90% of what is coming out in VK these days.

14 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Utafumi.....the alleged two new songs that @nekkichimentioned and now not only is Die and Kyo in other bands, Shinya started doing solo work. Also they stated that whatever solo is going on will siphon back into Dir en grey. They are fine and if anything the latest DVD's showed (minus Mode of DSS) that they still got it. Also @Saishuis right, these gaps in releases really ain't that big of a deal. Just let em cook. Dir en grey ain't going anywhere. 

This paranoia around em disbanding is starting to become tiring man. 

That's some really optimistic thinking... Also not usually how things happen when members embark on solo projects in VK. Hopefully for their fans' sake DEG will be the exception tho. 

14 hours ago, LIDL said:

What makes me concern just that their physical releases seems to get more and more expensive. There should be a stop to that.

I hope their next album won't cost as ridiculous as sukekiyo's CDs

shrugs

The yen is crap ATM and less people are buying physical releases. Can't be helped.

Personally I don't mind since I feel like sukekiyo is everything I've always thought Dir had the potential to be but didn't become.

11 minutes ago, Shaolan974 said:

so what a DVD of these 2-day will be released ?

It has already been said, and it's up for pre order already, has been for almost a month now

And those are actually DVDs and Blu-Rays

Also the video posted above is from a DVD that was distributed to people who attended the shows, one also exists forAngelo (yes, it's from Angelo, not from Pierrot, and was distributed on the same days too)

Edited by Danao

8 minutes ago, Danao said:

It has already been said, and it's up for pre order already, has been for almost a month now

And those are actually DVDs and Blu-Rays

Also the video posted above is from a DVD that was distributed to people who attended the shows, one also exists forAngelo (yes, it's from Angelo, not from Pierrot, and was distributed on the same days too)

Oh ok

I hope there are some bonuses with the packaging. I want that sausage.