emmny

DIR EN GREY x PIERROT Collab "Androgynos"; PIERROT fanclub "Arlequin" reopened for 2017

7 minutes ago, Biopanda said:

So who is gonna mention that the DVDs from this are up for preorder now for 22,000 fucking yen?

I will! And I bet it's gonna come in a box that is a pain in the ass to find a shelf for it too. :P

Oh well, at least it comes with a photobook to at least justify the possible weird-ass box dimensions for the swaggeriffic deluxe set.

7 hours ago, Biopanda said:

So who is gonna mention that the DVDs from this are up for preorder now for 22,000 fucking yen?

is this already a thing ? source ?

nevermind, I found it, on Androgynos OHP

Edited by Danao

Is Pierrot like, back to business or are they just existing in a limbo where they can keep the dumb fanclub for that extra income that Angelo hasn't brought? 

Fucking deluxe box sets just set me off too. They always remind me of this 

illud_divinum_insanus_.jpg?1308661449

I wonder if the bands realize not many of their fans are super wealthy to justify that kind of price tag?    

Edited by LIDL

On 2017/7/9 at 11:54 PM, Chi said:

Since the girl wrote "I don't remember" on the second day image of Kaoru...

He was dressed in (what appeared to be) all black and had this skull make-up going on across the mouth. Possibly the first day, as well, but I wasn't close enough to see and the screen didn't pan on him a ton.

On 2017/7/10 at 8:16 AM, wildjokerleia said:

I will! And I bet it's gonna come in a box that is a pain in the ass to find a shelf for it too. :P

Oh well, at least it comes with a photobook to at least justify the possible weird-ass box dimensions for the swaggeriffic deluxe set.

THIS. I imagine it (at least the special vers) will be some honker box like the Pierrot Dictator's Circus Final one from SSA came in.

Less fancy boxes, more DVD/photo extras. D:

On 2017/7/10 at 5:49 PM, Disposable said:

Is Pierrot like, back to business or are they just existing in a limbo where they can keep the dumb fanclub for that extra income that Angelo hasn't brought? 

The latter, except the fan club is paid yearly instead of by month, and it will end at the end of January 2018. Basically they only re-open to offer ticket and other pre-orders, special events (like fan viewing parties or something), and news/fan club e-zine. Or in other words, it's all to get that coin. TBH there's no real point in joining it unless you want better/good tix that come printed on fancy paper.

On 2017/7/10 at 6:29 PM, LIDL said:

I wonder if the bands realize not many of their fans are super wealthy to justify that kind of price tag?    

Ah, but VK girls in Japan will spend an endless amount of money on their honmei. I saw multiple girls dropping 20,000 - 50,000 yen on these Pierrot lottery stickers in hopes of getting the random, special signed ones. They sold out both days.

Hell, Pierrot was selling a diamond necklace as tour goods for 50,000 yen and I imagine quite a few girls bought one, or begged their b/fs or husbands to.

Edited by jaymee

Aw man, kind of disappointed nothing 'bigger' happened than this, but all the outfits looked grand.

Guess I'm gonna go halfsies with my girlfriend on the DVD as our favorite bands are PIERROT / DIru - woooo

And it's ¥12,000 if you buy a DVD that covers just one of the days. Considering the Arche at Budokan Blu-ray was less than that, they can go fuck themselves. How much content is going to be on these things?

14 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

Aw man, kind of disappointed nothing 'bigger' happened than this, but all the outfits looked grand.

Guess I'm gonna go halfsies with my girlfriend on the DVD as our favorite bands are PIERROT / DIru - woooo

Agreed. I was thought we were gonna get a special collab song at least.

Interestingly enough, it seems like quite a few current indies VK dudes made it a point to be at the show.

Here are some pics from PIERROT's fan club:

Spoiler

Someone gave Jun this Dir wiener and he wasn't gonna waste it so he ate it.

androgynosfood2.jpg

Then he got the PIERROT one so he didn't look like a total traitor lol.

androgynosfood.jpg

Kirito's reaction to the collab steamed meat buns: "Wtf lol? They taste good tho."

androgynosfood3.jpg

Here's a screenshot from before they went on the first day. (Sorry the vid quality kinda sucked.)

androgynospierrot.png

Screen pan of all their outfits the second day. (Larger version here)

androgynospierrot2.jpg

To be honest, this whole event was a disappointment in comparison to what could've been. Don't get me wrong, Dir performed excellently and based on the reactions of the Pierrot fans so did they, but it was just like watching two shorter than usual oneman sets tacked on top of each other rather than the special clash between the legendary 90s vk bands it was billed as. They barely even acknowledged each other beyond short mcs. Based on what could've been, I did leave feeling disappointed, despite that Dir performed a really good set the second day.

Edited by WhirlingBlack

6 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

To be honest, this whole event was a disappointment in comparison to what could've been. Don't get me wrong, Dir performed excellently and based on the reactions of the Pierrot fans so did they, but it was just like watching two shorter than usual oneman sets tacked on top of each other rather than the special clash between the legendary 90s vk bands it was billed as. They barely even acknowledged each other beyond short mcs. Based on what could've been, I did leave feeling disappointed, despite that Dir performed a really good set the second day.

Neither band really looked all that into it, tbh.  I think Pierrot had the better set list but Dir gave a better performance/Dir fans were way more enthused.

On a random note... What did you think of the flyers for all of the Dir member solo projects and the Dir en grey best of album coming out? Like I hate to board the "Dir is disbanding omg" bandwagon, but no new material in 2-3 years, tour rehashes of all their albums, the only new release this year a 20th anniversary best of album, and more solo project promotion than band promotion doesn't usually mean good things in the J-music world... With that in mind, II'm going to try and make an effort to go to one of the Mode of Macabre shows since it may be the only time I ever get to hear those songs played.

Edited by jaymee

arche probably performed worse than expected, and they're giving fan thirst an opportunity to grow stronger in the absence of new music.

they just don't go the same route as other bands announcing "D≠ee will go on hiatus from Feb., 15 to August, 21, best-off collection still available @ selected tower records stores!!", and it's not the first album they're cooking for longer than expected.

50 minutes ago, jaymee said:

no new material in 2-3 years

two new songs during last years tour tho.

Edited by nekkichi

Utafumi was released a year ago. I'd say as far as DEG's release schedule for new music goes, this is about par the course for the last decade. 

14 hours ago, Saishu said:

Utafumi was released a year ago. I'd say as far as DEG's release schedule for new music goes, this is about par the course for the last decade. 

One single in three years is par for the course? D:

20 hours ago, nekkichi said:

arche probably performed worse than expected, and they're giving fan thirst an opportunity to grow stronger in the absence of new music.

they just don't go the same route as other bands announcing "D≠ee will go on hiatus from Feb., 15 to August, 21, best-off collection still available @ selected tower records stores!!", and it's not the first album they're cooking for longer than expected.

two new songs during last years tour tho.

If arche had performed worse than expected, I imagine there'd be more pressure to release new stuff than just tour to bolster income.

I don't think fan thirst has gone anywhere... After they gave up the VK thing, the fans that have remained are pretty ride or die at this point. Dir could release an album of Kyo farting instead of growling/singing and I doubt their sales would tip much lol.

1 hour ago, jaymee said:

One single in three years is par for the course? D:

I'm saying DEG doesn't drop new material every year and they often have large gaps in between releases. And with all the touring they've been doing along with the various side projects going on, it's really not all that surprising. 

I don't mind with DEG's members side projects, really.  I mean, they've been together for many years now.

If  by doing side projects will help them to reinvigorates their passion doing music with each other, then why not?

There must be a side of them that left unfulfilled when being with their DIR EN GREY band mates and they want to channel that with side projects.

What makes me concern just that their physical releases seems to get more and more expensive. There should be a stop to that.

I hope their next album won't cost as ridiculous as sukekiyo's CDs

shrugs

On 7/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, jaymee said:

On a random note... What did you think of the flyers for all of the Dir member solo projects and the Dir en grey best of album coming out? Like I hate to board the "Dir is disbanding omg" bandwagon, but no new material in 2-3 years, tour rehashes of all their albums, the only new release this year a 20th anniversary best of album, and more solo project promotion than band promotion doesn't usually mean good things in the J-music world.

Utafumi.....the alleged two new songs that @nekkichimentioned and now not only is Die and Kyo in other bands, Shinya started doing solo work. Also they stated that whatever solo is going on will siphon back into Dir en grey. They are fine and if anything the latest DVD's showed (minus Mode of DSS) that they still got it. Also @Saishuis right, these gaps in releases really ain't that big of a deal. Just let em cook. Dir en grey ain't going anywhere. 

This paranoia around em disbanding is starting to become tiring man. 

I suppose in the context of VK, a year since the last new thing is a long time. But these veteran bands are slowing down. When was the last time Gazette released something? Was it Undying?