emmny

DIR EN GREY x PIERROT Collab "Androgynos"; PIERROT fanclub "Arlequin" reopened for 2017

I'm wondering if they will play together or individually... It would be nice to see them share the stage together.

Loved it when a scene from Nounai Morphine appeared on the screen and people reacted to it^^

http://androgynos.jp/live.html

2017年7月7日(金)

ANDROGYNOS

- a view of the Megiddo -

横浜アリーナ

OPEN / START16:30 / 18:00

出演

DIR EN GREY / PIERROT

2017年7月8日(土)

ANDROGYNOS

- a view of the Acro -

横浜アリーナ

OPEN / START15:30 / 17:00

出演

PIERROT / DIR EN GREY

makes me think like DIR EN GREY will be dominating on a first day and PIERROT on a second.

14 hours ago, Wicked Teletubby said:

http://androgynos.jp/live.html

2017年7月7日(金)

ANDROGYNOS

- a view of the Megiddo -

横浜アリーナ

OPEN / START16:30 / 18:00

出演

DIR EN GREY / PIERROT

2017年7月8日(土)

ANDROGYNOS

- a view of the Acro -

横浜アリーナ

OPEN / START15:30 / 17:00

出演

PIERROT / DIR EN GREY

makes me think like DIR EN GREY will be dominating on a first day and PIERROT on a second.

I think *I THINK* that it's the other way around, based on the names of the concerts. 

31 minutes ago, r... said:

I think *I THINK* that it's the other way around, based on the names of the concerts. 

I can confirm this:

- Megiddo <--- "Megiddo no Oka" by PIERROT, therefore = PIERROT's the main act

- Acro <--- "Akuro no Oka" by DIR EN GREY, therefore = DIR EN GREY's the main act

Some genius titling  really.

Edited by Alroy

5 minutes ago, r... said:

Should've included - a view of the Despair - with Plastic Tree playing a 3rd day.

Would've been great except that I *THINK* their intention has been mostly incorporating titles which are otherwise *same* in Japanese (read: katakanization - "Akuro/Acro", "Megido/Megiddo"), and actually involve something *ancient, historic* for that matter - "Acro" being ofc derived from Acropolis and its history while "Megiddo" could be traced down to the Battle of Megiddo or the place itself. I don't think Plastic Tree ever incorporated *ancient* titles or names in their early songworks? This would thus break the theme imho.

Edited by Alroy

23 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Would've been great except that I *THINK* their intention has been mostly incorporating titles which are otherwise *same* in Japanese (read: katakanization - "Akuro/Acro", "Megido/Megiddo"), and actually involve something *ancient, historic* for that matter - "Acro" being ofc derived from Acropolis and its history while "Megiddo" could be traced down to the Battle of Megiddo or the place itself. I don't think Plastic Tree ever incorporated *ancient* titles or names in their early songworks? This would thus break the theme imho.

Ah, but the hills theme would be there:

That (and this) was just an excuse to post Plastic Tree, tho.

oh yeah. prices. :D

seated - 12'000 yen.

arena standing - 12'000 yen.

designated block and ticket number.

VIP Free Pass - 60'000 yen.

includes special area closest to the stage, special vip entrance, cloakroom, special goods and afterparty (no meeting band members).
1 pass per person.

VIP Suite Pass - 80'000 yen.

includes special area, special vip entrance, cloakroom, snacks and drinks, special goods and afterparty (no meeting band members).
1 pass per person.

fun arena scheme.

C5LRQskUcAA2Z0c.jpg:large

Edited by Wicked Teletubby

I am pretty sure their main reasoning (aside from rivalship) for such live collabing was to make those similar song titles from their catalogue somehow collide together - "HADES", "HUMAN GATE" and whatnot. Lol.

21 hours ago, nekkichi said:

do u think they're gonna bundle the obligatory upcoming DVD/blurays, or those will go on sale separately, appropriately priced at $140 per pop (sans tax)

They are from different labels so most probably there wouldn't be a DVD release.

6 hours ago, sads123 said:

They are from different labels so most probably there wouldn't be a DVD release.

Even if the labels split it up 50:50, I think there is no way in hell any of them would pass up this cash-cow of release.

I don't think Plastic Tree has the relevance Dir en grey and PIERROT had in the 90's.

I'm not sufficiently knowlegeable about it but apparently Dir en en grey and PIERROT were really big and sort of emblematic (to some extent) bands in the Visual Kei scene in the late 90's, right? So they occupy different seats in the hall of Visual Kei that Plastic Tree doesn't despite being also very popular band.

I remember some people implying certain rivalries more related to popularity between the two bands when I joined one of PIERROT fanbase over here.

On 22.2.2017 at 10:35 AM, sads123 said:

There will be if Firewall div./Sun-krad decided to supervise/operate their common collab portal and promote broadcasting "+extras" (Androgynos, that is). And since Pierrot is now technically "label-less" (for the sake of proof, use lookup on Pierrot's fanclub portal and you will notice that they operate it themselves at the moment, Universal, EMI and Mystic Child days are long gone now), it will be a huge win for DT and his crooks to take PIERROT under their wing.

Cannot wait to see Pierrot's prospective releases being churned out under Firewall's label, oh what an irony - maybe Aiji won't fuck it up this time?

edit: just spend 1-2 minutes on this one and draw some conclusions from there:

http://whois.domaintools.com/androgynos.jp

Edited by Alroy

21 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

Cannot wait to see Pierrot's prospective releases being churned out under Firewall's label, oh what an irony - maybe Aiji won't fuck it up this time?

What did Aiji fuck up previously? I only know that Pierrot broke up cos Aiji is determined to leave the band to form LM.C.

While a DVD of it is up in the air, there is bound to be a live broadcast of it, given the popularity of the bands.

5 hours ago, sads123 said:

What did Aiji fuck up previously? I only know that Pierrot broke up cos Aiji is determined to leave the band to form LM.C.

Is not only coz of Aiji if Pierrot disband, many peoples think the main reason of Pierrot disband is Aiji because in a interview he said "I want to do something else because it gets repetitive".

The disband of the group comes from many points the two guitarists Aiji and Jun became bored to played in Pierrot and had no inspiration at same time Kirito was also bored and thought to start a solo career during one year Pierrot was on hiatus.

During this break Kiritio did a temporary solo career during his solo career some rumors some rumors appeared like Kirito will quit Pierrot and focus on his solo career, when the one year break was over Aiji and Jun asked for a another break for started their own solo careers and when this second break will be over they will be back in Pierrot and at the same time they will continue their solo careers  but Kirito was not agree about that and said to them will be hard to have  solo career and at the same time still play in Pierrot.

Tensions have arisen Kirito, Kotha and Takeo wanted focus only on Pierrot (that's why after the disband of Pierrot the three of us have formed Angelo)  while Aiji and Jun wanted to have a solo career and continue to play in Pierrot.

Kiritio and Aiji are really stubborn so I think that's why after they released their last single "Hello" they disband quickly withtout did a last concert or a last tour.

Edited by Lereku

On 2017/1/1 at 2:58 AM, emmny said:

between me and @Ro plzthis wont be much more than a coupling tour and an excuse for the pierrot ojis to get some diru coin, but i hope its a full on collab orgy

http://www.arlequin.jp/

OP has it totally backwards. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the PIERROT ojis are only getting back together for the coin since none of their solo projects have ever been huge, but it is definitely Dir's ojis that will be making coin off of PIERROT's appearance.  Last time PIERROT did a reunion live they filled most of Saitama Super Arena (15,000-20,000 people). By comparison, Dir tops out every year at Studio Coast (abt 2,500 people). 

I personally wouldn't be going if it wasn't a PIERROT collab. (And I normally would go with my husband, but he was like fvck that cuz he doesn't want to sit thru Dir.) I wish it was just PIERROT but hey I'm happy at any chance to see them perform again. At the reunion live Kirito made it pretty clear during his MCs that they weren't sure if they'd ever do another performance together in the future.

Whelp, at least after this I'll be able to say I've seen Dir en grey live. Hope they do some old stuff tho since I can't stand much of their discography beyond Vulgar. A little while ago they had the music advert trucks going around Tokyo but I wasn't in the area so no clue what the collab sounds like yet.

Edited by jaymee

Also, if there is a DVD is might be fan club only. I think that's how PIERROT's reunion live was, but I can't remember if there was a non-fan club version or not...

BTW, is anyone else on here going to either/both shows?

5 hours ago, jaymee said:

Also, if there is a DVD is might be fan club only. I think that's how PIERROT's reunion live was, but I can't remember if there was a non-fan club version or not...

BTW, is anyone else on here going to either/both shows?

I'm attending both, but I can't find any other concerts to leech onto during the period other than lynch in Saitama on 11th July GRRRRRRR

On 2017/4/26 at 8:23 PM, sads123 said:

I'm attending both, but I can't find any other concerts to leech onto during the period other than lynch in Saitama on 11th July GRRRRRRR

Cool! Are you just visiting or do you live here in Japan?

If you'll be in the general Tokyo area long enough, SADS is supposedly doing a show on 7/21 at Liquidroom. On 7/1 D'ERLANGER is doing a show at O-EAST and then GARGOYLE will do a show at the same venue on 7/15. Kaya, Inugami Circus Dan, and few other bands are doing a show for Kaya's birthday on 7/17 at O-WEST. Kiryu is doing a show at Utsunomiya Heaven's Rock on 7/9. BREAKERZ (not really visual, but Daigo used to perform as Daigo Stardust) is doing two shows on 7/15 and 7/16 at Toyosu Pit. Miyavi is doing a show at Studio Coast on 6/29.  Visunavi has a good calendar of events going by day: http://www.visunavi.com/live/2017/07/ I'm sure the smaller live houses like AREA, Cyber, etc. will update in a couple of months.

Unfortunately I'm an obangya so I don't know much about current bands/scene. D:

If you're into Western music, BANKS is playing 7/6 at Liquidroom. I plan on going to that and kinda making a staycation weekend. :D Since I'm going to Fuji Rock later that month I wasn't willing to fork out more than what Arena Standing cost, lol. Lemme know if you or anyone else would be interested in doing some kind of meet-up.