Shaolan974

D.I.D. has been indefinitely on hiatus and new album release

at this point, I just hope Akane has been writing something on the side, so that he can recruit new members and at least start with demo-CDs/live-only releases sooner than later, after they put the final d.i.d. records out.

@Haruto Akane tweeted this a bit ago 

メイクと衣装に頼って、それが無ければ表現できないんだったら、センターに立つ資質なんて無いに等しいと思いますね。ただ他人とちょっと違うことしなきゃって義務感みたいなもので奇抜なメイクしてるんなら、潔く辞めた方がいい。メイクも衣装も無くたって、V系に生きる価値を見出せなきゃ、終わり。

I might be reading this wrong but is he saying he's done with Vkei?

No, that's pretty much what it says. If one is an optimist, you can believe that he's quitting VK but not music. I personally think he's done.

I can't stop thinking no one really bothered reaching out to him ever since d.i.d. practically fell apart, therefore he doesn't want to continue in the scene.

didn't he do some edm demos for his youtube back in the day?

(meaning he's somewhat familiar with sound-production and could potentially return with a small solo act, even a temporary one)

Basically he's saying preforming on stage isn't worth it if it can only be done with weird costume and makeup, and that he needs to join society and be respectable lmao.

I get it totally but the way it's phrased sounds like he's resentful of his situation or his mental state - still he might be right, what's best for some.

Damn. Well he's right when it comes to the appearance thing. And maybe hoping Akane to stay in the scene the same as we've known him is kinda egoist since he've still feeling bad, so... at this point whatever he does he'll still be one of my faves. He just wanna be doing better?

Honestly, as sad as this is, this is Akane we're talking about. He's known to be impulsive and moody and tweets whatever is on his mind. One day he will rage about the VK scene, the next day he might want to go on stage again. Also what @nekkichisaid – he's probably sulking and has too much time on his hands to be upset over small things.
Maybe they'll do something out of VK then, not as D.I.D, not this year or not the next. Or maybe that's it.
Just saying that Akane himself isn't really a reliable source for definite decisions...

(And when Tohma left D.I.D. they also were super dramatic about 'real life duties' and 'forced to quit' and now he's in a new band. Even though the project is rather lowkey, you can see how quick factors can change if there's a will. D.I.D. was a trainwreck at the end though, I wouldn't sacrifice my chances in other jobs/private life either for these ruins of a once brilliant band, so there clearly was no will. So can't really blame Tohma. But Akane might change his mind as well.)