Shaolan974

D.I.D. has been indefinitely on hiatus and new album release

D.I.D. has been indefinitely on hiatus at 2016/12/27, and Dr.壱世(issei) has departed at the same date

their new album will be released in 2017/04 with recording support Gt.ShinyA(ex-Signal)

they plan to release various digital singles as they have numerous unreleased songs, and after these releases the band will cease activities

Edited by Shaolan974

It's a shame that all that fanfare about D.I.D. returning and never quitting was undone. The way this band is calling it quits is a nice calling card but I never got the feeling that Akane got this band to where he wanted it to be. Music is what gives him his therapy anyway so a new project is not out of the question. At their prime they were just channeling the best of Para:noir and they could never get out of the shadow of a band they were supposed to be bigger than. Hoping the new album and unreleased material will change that opinion of mine.

16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

It's a shame that all that fanfare about D.I.D. returning and never quitting was undone. The way this band is calling it quits is a nice calling card but I never got the feeling that Akane got this band to where he wanted it to be. Music is what gives him his therapy anyway so a new project is not out of the question. At their prime they were just channeling the best of Para:noir and they could never get out of the shadow of a band they were supposed to be bigger than. Hoping the new album and unreleased material will change that opinion of mine.

He's most definitely returning to the scene, I remember asking him on twitter not too long ago if he has any plans to quit music...to which of course he said no. I hope that doesn't change.

I'm proud of them for this decision. Looking forward to the new material and hoping for Akane's best health.

It's obvious how important the expression is to him and how seriously he takes his writing and performing.

I'm just </3 that we won't see any more legend-teir tweets.

i knew this was coming, pretty sure we all did. i'm happy we'll be getting a few new songs, though, and i hope the band members move on after DID and engage in new projects

Well new album and shit load of digital single is nice but disbanding sucks.

Btw @Shaolan974 what's the source? Akane's twitter?

Edited by sume7

I knew it was coming, but I'm still sad :( 

I just hope they won't retire and form a new project or something, would soften the blow a little bit.

Well, at least they'll release an album before calling it quits. I have fond memories of them from a few years back, so hopefully the new material will live up to that quality as well.

As a fan since first D.I.D. days and Para:noir times.... It hurts of course. During this time A LOT has happened. Band had to handle a lot of bad things and everything....Past things that happened to Akane was the biggest break. Uh. We (fans) had to handle a lot of things too (because of this band). Remember Akane and Islam drama? Or Akane and his God drama? Or how Issei trolled many fans on Twitter (including me) various times. Or their cute english tweets full of hopes...... 

I have sooooo many memories made with them.

I'm glad I was part of all of this.

And I'm glad how huge foreign fan base we created here. 

I will miss them so much as an increadible musicians and just...stupid guys.

And Issei....Uhhh....

All my respect goes to them.

I think a save the new material for the new band the 3rd Birthday style would've been more to mu liking.... Especially if Akane will come back in another band soon.

I could really never get into D.I.D like I did Para:noir. I don't know why but I enjoyed all their covers they did. It's a shame because they all seemed really talented but were always missing something.. 

i don't know what bandmen in their right mind would go and set out to make a band with akane given how unreliable he is; i mean he more or less drove a danger crue level band to total flopdom. it seems the other guys were in D.I.D. only because of how much they loved the band and fans, so its kind of sad they worked so hard to end up with nothing in the end.

i too will hope akane continues in music, he is a phenomenally talented guy with enough balls to be open about his mental health struggles in a subculture which probably looks at him like a crazy person. I hope his recovery has been going better and that he can enter the bandscene with the strength to continue and make a new band to snatch off all of our wigs.

I'm not so sure about the release guys. I read the announcement as 'We were originally planning to release an album', but can't because of Akane's health and the member changes. With the hiatus this will be postponed. I also read this as 'We were originally planning to continue with Shinya as a member, but as of now, can't continue at all' -> therefore, hiatus.
I don't expect D.I.D. to be back very soon, then they wouldn't call it an indefinite hiatus. And no band releases an album during their hiatus, without any promotion or tour going along.

My Japanese is rusty, but I really wouldn't get my hopes up at all.

I've made peace with them disbanding. They're probably the most flaky, uncommitted band I can think of, and I guess they finally realised that they cannot get their shit together. I'm not getting my hopes up for a "new album" or digital single or whatever, I'm just glad they followed through with WOD II and Fatal Error Race. Weren't we waiting two years for that? I would at least like a formal release of the SKP re-recording, but again, not getting my hopes up.

well the website is still up and they wrote clearly April.

so I think we will get some last things.

april is still far so its no wonder why ots still silent.

but after those last things its over its done. 

if there wouldn't be a last, the website would be gone again or only have a single page message. 

so i guess april isn't a lie.