Rosebetz

the GazettE BALLAD BEST ALBUM 「TRACES VOL.2」2017.3.8 RELEASE

well....as most of you may agree with me,SHIROKI YUUTSU,GUREN,PLEDGE,WITHOUT A TRACE and UNTITLED,didn't need to be re recorded

so,i guess them tried to make it sound as refreshing and different as possible from the other records. (singing PLEDGE for exemple)

i still think that them should have re recorded these old,sincere and simple ballads: juunanasai,shiawase na hibi,okuribi,hanakotoba and the epic chizuru,

instead of those a mentioned above.would be the album of the year!!

Edited by Gichi Gichi

tumblr_inline_ognmuw8x3u1tumrnf_500.gif

they legit sucked all soul (dubious as it was in their recent pre-dogma output), all of it sounds sterile and powerless, ito sounds most botched so far 

(awful oversinging on reila comes close)

whatever

pass

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

Granted, YouTube shit quality and all, but the drums sound terrible. 

it's upped in HD1080 (192 kbps sound), so it's not gonna be much better on the CD/itunes version.

recording/mastering is weird as hell on some tracks.

I heard the ones for Guren and Cassis the other day, basically it sounds like all 10-year later versions sound.

4 hours ago, Disposable said:

"Hey if we just make all those violins and shit in the back LOUDER" the album.

^ this + an overbearingly safe vocal track which is technically improved but... I didn't get into the GazettE for "careful".

Will still play it through because I'm sure at least a few will appeal strongly

I would have been more impressed if they just banged these out in a day live in the studio. Do we really need more polished studio versions of these? Especially if they pretty much just played them straight instead of going the "deconstructed" route DEG took with older tracks a few years ago. 

Ballads are mostly pointless drivel to me anyway, but I would've honestly preferred if they'd went the Dir en grey route of re-recording/deconstruction instead of this regardless..

Still haven't heard these 'cause I need to fire up my proxy (fuck you) and download this, but you know you're in for some god-awfulness when people are commenting on a poor mixing job and saying they'd rather have an UNRAVELING treatment. 😟

PLEDGE is one of my favourite GazettE ballads so I cannot be okay with them ruining it (lol). Like, I'm a total GazettE-stan (nothing is more obvious) and even I'm worried...

I have to say I am a huge fan of Gazette, but I am not that happy with re-recording. I never actually listen to rerecordings by other bands and from what I can tell from the previews something is missing. I mean I love the old songs so much, but his voice seems so ... flat. I don't know if it's the youtube quality or if this album was just a "quick" way for money (just like the new goods ~_~)

Okay I just listened to the previews... half of these songs are wrecked (PLEDGE included). This is just sad that they chose to celebrate their fifteenth anniversary with this poor selection of (mostly) poorly re-recorded songs. They could have done better than this. 体温 and 枯詩 sounded great, though.

I hope whoever leaks this buys the limited edition...

D.L.N got wrecked...what the fuck? 

CALM ENVY and WITHOUT A TRACE sound basically the same. Track 09 sounds the same too, but I don't actually mind that song so, bonus points! Ito...umm... Taion sounds interesting for sure, I look forward to it.

A little while back I said it would have been cool if Gazette had rerecorded Disorder. After hearing what they did here, I'm glad that didn't happen. 

Also, I'm still lost on why they decided on a collection of ballads. Is it because they've only released heavy material since Dogma? From the Dark Age to the Dull Age. 

13 hours ago, Saishu said:

From the Dark Age to the Dull Age. 

LMAO you win XD

I'll wait for the official release to give a concrete review on this piece of... "art"... But I feel like being grateful for them not picking up Chizuru, they would've butchered it.

The previews makes this comes off as some half assed cash grab that wasn't needed. Granted that some of these songs sound fresher but i don't feel compelled to go out my way to grab this tbh. The only thing from Dir en grey's "rerecording phase" that they could've taken note from was using the same people who did post production work on their previous album and the string of works after.  Ted Jensen was that guy for the GazettE if im not mistaken.  The mixing is pretty bad....this can't be him.

Still very against this hard on here that they should've followed Dir 's steps and "deconstructed" the songs.  Again, these songs were good as is. Niggas really wasted money in the studio for this lmao

Count me out. 

Edited by Ro plz

Just realized all the youthful energy and emotion is completely missing from Reila. Kai sounds especially lifeless in that one. 

Fuck this is making me mad. 

Re:recording? to be honest, i really am a Gazette fan but i am really disappointed with re-records. I never wanted to listen to re-record songs by other band nor remix. The old songs were already good as if it is and yet, they decided a stupid re-record, it feels like some of the old songs might be ruined, and something is really missing in the previews and his voice seems to be flat.

Vastly underwhelmed by the previews. Whatever I was hoping for, this isn't it. Holding out hope for Taion but damn.

At least Dir en grey's re recordings were inspired. 

This is most def a cash grab. But I'm still gon get it. 

13 minutes ago, Kiryu999 said:

Scroll down on the page and you'll see this 

C6S2KC-XMAEZTS4.jpg

Mine just comes up with the tracklist with no play button, luckily CDJapan also have previews up, and it'll probably leak by tonight anyways just like DOGMA did xD 

^ I listened to these previews and it seems that the English lyrics in Taion were changed to Japanese... I look forward to listening to the whole thing...

On 3/2/2017 at 7:16 PM, Saishu said:

Just realized all the youthful energy and emotion is completely missing from Reila. Kai sounds especially lifeless in that one. 

Ughhh I completely agree :cry:

On 3/3/2017 at 2:16 AM, Saishu said:

That's the story of this band now isn't it? It's all stylistic slic, but a desperately hollow exercise like painting the brittle nails of an old woman with osteoporosis. Dumb syrupy violins blaring bloody murder while Ruki's erasing the Engrish as if they were assassinated party members from publicity photos. It's all loud as hell by the way. Dogma stinks. God they suck now.