Rosebetz

the GazettE BALLAD BEST ALBUM 「TRACES VOL.2」2017.3.8 RELEASE

half of the re records sounds like the first record,only ruki trying to sing in different tones

i'm pretty sure that 90% of the fans are going to buyt that bcuz of Kare uta, ito, D.l.N,Reila and taion.

1 hour ago, Disposable said:

That's the story of this band now isn't it? It's all stylistic slic, but a desperately hollow exercise like painting the brittle nails of an old woman with osteoporosis. Dumb syrupy violins blaring bloody murder while Ruki's erasing the Engrish as if they were assassinated party members from publicity photos. It's all loud as hell by the way. Dogma stinks. God they suck now. 

Dayum, that was legit poetry xD

But I agree, the Gazette don't have the energy they had back in the day. I'd do anything to bring back the days of DISORDER tbh 

36 minutes ago, Gichi Gichi said:

half of the re records sounds like the first record,only ruki trying to sing in different tones

i'm pretty sure that 90% of the fans are going to buyt that bcuz of Kare uta, ito, D.l.N,Reila and taion.

Yeah, mostly older things.

I think "PLEDGE" and "Untitled" were probably the most unnecessary ones as they are fairly new. On the other hand, I'd be excited to hear things such as "Nakigahara", "Dim Scene" or "Okuribi" re-recorded...

2 hours ago, KyoAckerman said:

Yeah, mostly older things.

I think "PLEDGE" and "Untitled" were probably the most unnecessary ones as they are fairly new. On the other hand, I'd be excited to hear things such as "Nakigahara", "Dim Scene" or "Okuribi" re-recorded...

yes,guren,shiroki no yuutsu and without a trace too.and  dim scene and nakigahara are ballads from DIM,and this album  represents gazette's

"new era",in my view...them both are already good enough.but re record okuribi,hanakotoba,chizuru,shiawase na hibi or sumire would be so much more exciting

people keep complaining that the gazette is not the same,and the disorder days were better

but,god...that was around 10 years ago.everyone changes a lot in 10 years

after 3 average albums since DIM,DOGMA came as something really conceptual.i'm curious to know if they gonna keep this dark atmosphere

Edited by Gichi Gichi

this audio is amazon preview tier awful

its nothing to write home about but i had no expections after guren flopped so its cool ^>^

2 hours ago, Gichi Gichi said:

yes,guren,shiroki no yuutsu and without a trace too.and  dim scene and nakigahara are ballads from DIM,and this album  represents gazette's

"new era",in my view...them both are already good enough.but re record okuribi,hanakotoba,chizuru,shiawase na hibi or sumire would be so much more exciting

people keep complaining that the gazette is not the same,and the disorder days were better

but,god...that was around 10 years ago.everyone changes a lot in 10 years

after 3 average albums since DIM,DOGMA came as something really conceptual.i'm curious to know if they gonna keep this dark atmosphere

I agree they are, just mentioned them as they're some of my personal faves, hence I'd be curious to hearing the anew xD (Being a personal fave is probably why I'm looking forward to Taion out of the chosen ones the most  too xD Though it's also probably the song they can modify the most out of the bunch.) Anyway, agree with your picks and would just add Bath Room there (cuz another personal fave xD).

Agree with the second part as well.

Ruki takes himself too seriously, that's what I take away from his fixing the Engrish. 

Kyo didn't even do that when he reused English lyrics for the remakes of old material, and he comes across as too serious most of the time. 

A few of the iTunes previews are growing on me. Absolutely loving new-体温, and loving how butthurt people are about the lyrics being Japanese. The previews I'm not digging are the ones for CALM ENVY, UNTITLED, 紅蓮, 白き憂鬱, and PLEDGE, and my main problem with those tracks is how RUKI sounds (except 白き憂鬱, he sounds fine, I just don't care for that song). Cassis and reila are growing on me, surprise surprise, but I still think 送り火 would have been a better choice over reila, since reila always kinda bored me.

This may be presumptuous, as I haven't even heard full versions of any song yet, but...

Here's what I think the tracklist should have been:

枯詩
Cassis
D.L.N.
Bathroom
泣ヶ原
花言葉
WITHOUT A TRACE
紅蓮 (vocals from original version)
千鶴
おくりび

体温

Just listened to the previews and besides 体温, which sounds very interesting, there isn't really anything that makes me want to buy this. I wish they had spent the time on making new material instead. It's been too long since DOGMA.

Holy fuck! I didn't realize 体温 was gonna be part of this collection! really awesome version!

I'm pretty happy with this collection. I don't mind if most of the songs are close to originals, because frankly I just want the ~feels~ from older gaze tracks. Looking forward to buying this thing ^^

Most boring ballad best-of. I was falling asleep.

But re-recording wise, they are decent.

Songs just aren't my cup of tea. Never cared for their ballads.

just listened the whole traces vol2 and i have to confess that i changed 75% of my opinion about this album

i enjoyed each song,one by one,was so smooth and refreshing,i love their ballads.there's a lack of creativity,we know it (btw,taoin blown me away)

but is a good album,for sure,even cassis,which i'm used to hate,i apreciated more than never.could be a better album...but is pretty good.

Edited by Gichi Gichi

Okay so they actually DID give Reila a proper ending this time! It's just... man, I know the band is older now, but it sounds like it's being played by an older band. The tempo is slower and the performance is polished to the point of "perfection" so that it sounds like they didn't enjoy doing this at all.