Rosebetz

the GazettE BALLAD BEST ALBUM 「TRACES VOL.2」2017.3.8 RELEASE

26 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Also, was there a Traces vol1?

Yes, back in 2010 but it was a very basic, very unnecessary best of album. Just singles between NIL-DIM eras, placed in chronological order, no remixing/remastering, pretty pointless IMO.

1 hour ago, Seimeisen said:

Yes, back in 2010 but it was a very basic, very unnecessary best of album. Just singles between NIL-DIM eras, placed in chronological order, no remixing/remastering, pretty pointless IMO.

And at least a quarter of the songs on Vol. 1 are on Vol. 2. Which is super fucking lame. 

Also, no remastering is fine, because remastering these days just means "make it louder and ruin the dynamics."

And the final tracklist order :

枯詩 (Kare Uta)

CASSIS

D.L.N

CALM ENVY

reila

UNTITLED

WITHOUT A TRACE

紅蓮 (Guren)

白き憂鬱 (Shiroki Yuutsu)

PLEDGE

絲 (Ito) (Included only in limited edition)

体温 (Taion) (Included only in limited edition)

Edited by Kiryu999

Ruki's english has improved quite well,since the single VORTEX,i'm excited to hear his new english singing 体温 (Taion)

Sumire is missing,i guess

Edited by Gichi Gichi

A part of me was actually kinda hoping they'd replace reira and Cassis with better songs. Silly me! Great artwork, though.

ETA: 菫 and 千鶴 would have been great picks :(

I actually think Cassis and Reila are a must for a *ballads* album... I'd find it weird if they weren't there. They may be "overrated" and all, but they were huge hits back then. I gotta say I'm not a huge fan of their ballads like...Guren, but I'm glad to find some I like on that list, like D.L.N.! I'm curious about the re-recorded versions anyway, so I might grab this when it comes out.

It's still completely up in the air as to how re-recorded songs will end up being. Something like Girugamesh' BEST or even to the degree of Dir en grey's remakes? Or just a really cruddy remastering that just sounds loud, with just maybe Ruki's new shitty one-note clean vocals if we're lucky. If history is any indication, I think a lot of people here are due for disappointment. It'd be a criminal offense to not remake Taion the proper way, but we'll see in what'll transpire in March.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:29 PM, platanity said:

i am VERY interested in high-def 枯詩(KAREUTA)

oh I am so grabbing that if it's on Mora

@Ozileras10 sound interestingly different? yes. incredible not with that quality haha.

it would seem that they intend to give the guitars more of an acoustic tone in some verses of songs

It being radio quality it's hard to make any solid conclusions, but I think the re-recordings will end up being enjoyable at the very least. I like the cleaner production, although I mostly prefer the instrumental & vocal executions from the original versions. Also, I think whoever mixed this had a bit too much fun with the reverb *cough, cough Cassis-drum-fill-after-acoustic-section*.

It would have been nice to hear them change up the songs a little, but maybe not actually. That extra melody Ruki added near the end of Guren did not fit in well.

6 minutes ago, Saishu said:

No Hana Kotoba is seriously a huge mistake. I would rather they rerecord Disorder entirely than get a collection of mostly dull ballads. 

Now that would be cool. Anti pop 2017, make it happen Gazetto!

1 hour ago, ghost said:

That extra melody Ruki added near the end of Guren did not fit in well.

You mean at 9:27?

that's in the album version mix, this mix just made it louder.

Edit: nvm it's in the single too so i have no idea what you're talking about

I don't know what it is about the laughter but it hits me in the feels. I can chalk it up to how I can relate to the song but still, I've listened to it multiple times I don't know why it hits me like I'm listening to it for the first time again.

Edited by Aeolus