Rosebetz

the GazettE BALLAD BEST ALBUM 「TRACES VOL.2」2017.3.8 RELEASE

I'd prefer a re-recording album to only be comprised of rare oldies and STACKED RUBBISH songs that are not so great, and I'm not really dying for more reila or Cassis. Still though, I'm really looking forward to this. And I'm with those hoping against some UNRAVELING-esque reinterpretations.

Guess I'll be the first to say I am NOT excited, because I think a majority of Gazette's ballads are absolutely boring. However, the fact that these are re-recorded has me slightly intrigued. 

2 hours ago, sorane1028 said:

Don't ruin these memories plz

The originals are always there. 

I'm excited to hear some of these rerecordings, a lot of these ballads listed are ones I really like. If these turn out okay hopefully they'll do more rerecordings in the future too. 

I'm the only person not excited for this, probably because I'm not a big lover of ballads generally.

I am curious about that rerecording of Guren and Cassis, tho

I love their ballads so I'm 1,000% excited for this!!! I hope some of the re-recordings take after the live version because some of the live versions sounded way better<3

I mean... they're re-recorded now, so at least that's something.

I'm disappointed ever since Aoi posted he also wanted an okuribi re-recording, but I guess we can't have nice things, so it's calm envy and shiroki yuutsu, the despicable album filler, making the cut :/

Re-record all of the ballads so they're not ballads anymore please thanks

I already had enough Cassis and Reila in my life by now~ So I´m really looking forward to hear new, refreshing versions of those songs.
I just hope they won´t screw up their re-recordings like so many other bands did
But I think we don´t have to worry this time

So excited about this re-record Ballad album !!!!
I can't wait for these tracks !!

PLEDGE

CALM ENVY
reila

Cassis
D.L.N
紅蓮

体温

枯詩

Very good news, though I don't understand why they think putting UNTITLED and PLEDGE so close to each other is a good idea (they did it on TOXIC too). While I enjoy both of these soogs, they are just way too similar,  and I believe they aren't the most suitable tracks to end the album either (I know the tracklist is chronological, but still). Other than that, I'm very looking forward to this one.

edit: nvm, I believe the "song list has not decided" part in the OP means it's not the final track order.

Edited by Eraser

1 hour ago, Wakarimashita said:

Maybe they will even change the tracklist, who knows :o

OMG please don't get my hopes up that they'd switch out reira or Cassis for something better, like おくり火 or 十七歳.

38 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

OMG please don't get my hopes up that they'd switch out reira or Cassis for something better, like おくり火 or 十七歳.

Well, I'd get rid of tracks like UNTITLED and 白き憂鬱 in a heartbeat, maybe they'll reconsider as well :P

Wondering how WITHOUT A TRACE will turn out <3

I have a feeling we're expecting a bit too much from this. While a new Taion is easy to imagine, there's not a whole lot that they'll be able to do to PLEDGE or UNTITLED even with their current sound. I don't think it likely that one or two songs get a completely new look while two others remain relatively the same, that is unless they're really re-working all of them. 

Untitled legit sux thou'. Always thought it was the only boring ballad they ever made, a real dime-a-dozen number on an album that already a couple of misses. PLEDGE is fantastic. Without a trace is a swell addition that just makes me hope for a tru b-sides compilation and b-sides themed tour from them. 

DLN and taion! I'm looking forward to this.  

They're missing some crucial ballads here, I wish for these re-recording albums they'd only focus on their older stuff(2009 and before) 

Edited by Platy

A lot of us seem to be either (rightfully) haunted by Dir en grey's Unraveling or have Dir en grey goggles on when the word rerecorded comes into play.

I'm convinced that these are just going to be fresher sounding rerecordings. Nothing more, nothing less.  I didn't listen to the first Traces album but I'ma go ahead and assume that this was the case there as well. A lot of the responses that came once DOGMA was released is a perfect example of why over-hyping/expecting too much from a GazettE release is never a good thing. 

Edited by Ro plz

I doubt GazettE will go DEG route lmao, they have very different direction in music. 

Plus the album blatantly mentioned that it will be collection of ballads, Ruki won't wail through the song like Kyo does for ASOM remix only with random chords on piano, that is not his style lmao

gzt are pretty self-aware of their semi-manufactured poprock band niche in the music industry and lack kaoru's signature asinine stubborness.

this sounds like a release they would dedicate to fans not impressed by dogma (it didn't really sell well, despite all the promotion effort) without investing that much time & creative energy; I really don't get where Deg comparisons come from

if anything this would be closer to that lynch. best of thing.

Edited by nekkichi

Well, here's The GazettE's chance to redeem their older songs to my ears. I always disliked almost everything pre-NIL because of Ruki's singing. Let's see if now I manage to like Taion.

Also, was there a Traces vol1?