Sign in to follow this  
Mamo

[Band Battle] JILUKA vs. FIXER

JILUKA vs FIXER  

33 members have voted

1. 1. JILUKA vs FIXER

• JILUKA
    • FIXER

These are in my opinion two of the best new visual kei bands going right now and I've been considering pitting them against each other for awhile now. So after discovering that JILUKA  are also from Tokyo (accodring to @Duwang) I finally decided to do it.  So both of these bands formed in Tokyo both formed in 2013 and both have a very heavy and electronic sound. Both often employ growls, screams, and in Fixer's case pig squeals as well.  Both bands have also used clean singing and more melodic songs  in nature as well and tend to combine elements of both within most of their songs. Both bands also tend to use techniques often seen in metalcore such as breakdowns featuring guitar solo's and harsh vocals: including the ones mentioned above.  

So after that  kind of detailed introduction lol the only question remaining is who is better or rather who does it better I guess since they basically have the same sounds.

JILUKA

dece1a8f5c5bb4feee8bb321a98c7a53.jpg

FIXER

d42ed9da14a4ebb1c10fd720bf33723b.jpg

FIGHT!

Edited by sume7

8 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

both are garbage but voted jiluka bc endorsed by akane

You mean D.I.D.'s vocalist?

D.I.D. vs JILUKA would sound legit too.

I like both bands.

But damn. Jey will always be my bro. So I go for Fixer.  I saw Fixer live and they are suuuuuper fun. 

42 minutes ago, Wakarimashita said:

I'll go with JILUKA this time around. Pretty impressed by Divine Error :o

Me too had it on repeat for 2 days and I can't wait for Divine Error tomorrow either. So hyped!

Definitely JILUKA! They have nice killer breakdowns (like in Lethal Affliction) and Ricko has such a beautiful clean voice (you will hear in Monophobia <3). And they seem so happy when they are on stage (Ricko was smiling the whole time). 

Jiluka, D.I.D. and Fixer are the holy trinity of VK metalcore :D 

I think this particular battle might be too close to call - I enjoy the atmospheric/DeG moments in Fixer's sound as much as I like the vicious djenting and breakdowns of Jiluka, but since Divine Error is still fresh in my mind(killer track!), my vote goes for Jiluka.

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

Jiluka, D.I.D. and Fixer are the holy trinity of VK metalcore :D 

Many people seem to think this and I agree. I only wish that D.I.D. would get back to doing something. Hopefully they don't disband but I'm pretty uncertain about their future especially since their ohp went down. But anyway yes D.I.D., FIXER, AND JILUKA are indeed the holy trinity of vk metalcore. Although personally I think D.I.D. is on a whole different level compared to the other two. Perhaps it's because they're slightly more seasoned especially Akane. 

Btw almost time for "Divine Error" :starry:

Edited by sume7

Interesting choice...

I didn't like Jiluka on their early times, then they become so blasting after their comeback from the hiatus, with each release better than the previous!

About Fixer, I got more on them since they joined Starwave Records (the same name album was promising and even MaercS was a good one)

So I go for Jiluka!

I'll go with Jiluka! They totally got me with Lethal Affliction. I discovered them a few months ago.

On 21.12.2016 at 3:38 PM, IGM_Oficial said:

I wish that there was a split between Jiluka and Nocturnal bloodlust.

Let me dream alone

They get compared to each other? I like both but I don't think they have so much in common beside the genre of music, shouts and so on. Both styles are different.

2 hours ago, Nisshoku said:

They get compared to each other? I like both but I don't think they have so much in common beside the genre of music, shouts and so on. Both styles are different.

Exactly. Not to mention that Nocturnal bloodlust is way bigger.

Edited by IGM_Oficial

1 hour ago, IGM_Oficial said:

Exactly. Not to mention that Nocturnal bloodlust is much bigger.

"Nocturnal Bloodlust" would Probably be more suited for "D.I.D.," even though "D.I.D." isn't very big now they were back when they were in "Danger Crue" and when they were going to tour with "Pay Money To My Pain." I might do that battle  next.

jiluka, of course. they were one of the first vk bands i got into, so they hold a spot pretty close to home for me (an unfair advantage but still a valid one). overall, though, their music to me sounds better than fixer's. their breakdowns, zyean's blast beats, sena's near-mia-status guitaring, and ricko's voice. his screams are up there in my favourites, and even his clean singing voice is really enjoyable for me (usually i don't like clean singing voices unless they're pretty damn impressive). 

i tried getting into fixer because i liked ReivieЯ, but,,, they'll never be up to par with jiluka in my eyes. not a bad band, but not the best, either.

Sign in to follow this