herpes

~2017 predictions~

On 12/15/2016 at 6:45 PM, CAT5 said:

A few predictions.

• THE NOVEMBERS will release either a new single or an EP. I don't think they'll be quiet, whatever the case. 
  • 八十八ヶ所巡礼 will drop an actual full-length album to make up for leaving us musicless in 2016.
  • cinema staff will release SOMETHING. these guys have been putting out music like crazy. 
  • 凛として時雨 hopefully put out something redeeming. maybe a new single?
  • ....or 凛として時雨 return just to disappoint us again. 
  • TK makes another anime theme. This time, his most annoying yet!
  • siraph will drop another amazing EP.
  • another new lynch. album [2] 
  • downy goes back into hiding for another 3 years. 

That's all I got for now. I do hope for new music from some lesser known bands that probably aren't worth mentioning, though.

Not exactly the most prophetic predictions, but a few of these came to pass in one form or other. THE NOVEMBERS dropped a best-of. cinema staff released a brand new full-length again. Ling's latest single was *gasp* disappointing. lynch. came through with a EP (not a full-length album but still). And all has been quiet with downy concerning new releases.

On 02/01/2017 at 1:06 AM, platy said:
  • MEJIBRAY disband ❌(I got pretty close tho) 
  • MiA and Hizaki join forces to release a super guitar battle single to see who loves themselves more❌
  • MiA gets even more plastic surgery❓❓
  • Koichi releases a clothing label❌
  • DADAROMA's Yoshiatsu will go back to being a clown✔️/ or wear something so ridiculous we'll forget the strand of hair glued under his eye in their December2016 release 
  • GazettE will go darker, deeper and edgier than before.❗(I will repeat this one for 2018 because of the new album)
  • GazettE will release a fine art movie directed by ruki ❌
  • Takeru (SuG) will get a mohawk and Yuji will gain 30kg✔️, showing off his beer belly in the next PV / Or SuG will suprise us and go back to being oshare❌(they did surprise us by disbanding tho 😢) 
  • Ryo's (ex- 9GBO) projects will all disband❌
  • LACK-CO will disband❌😭

My expectations were WAY too high this year. 

On 12/15/2016 at 9:27 PM, suji said:

some brief predictions:

-merry new album
-marco will disba-- FUCK NO
-kisaki new band will last for like, a year or two, then he'll retire again as he morphs into his final form - a horse - and gallops off into the sunset does reviving mirage count?
-a couple of bandmen get arrested, and someone has to die  setsuna, & fumiya (rip)
-megaromania revival plEASE GOD  IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED
-golden bomber pls disband
-mejibray releases like 10 singles and 2 albums and work themselves to exhaustion
-exist disgrace trace will disband

-elysion will join starwave; this isn't even a prediction, it's bound to happen

-starwave will go kaput before the year's over

-more juicy mh doramaz

-m*npha will rise from the dead and DESTROY US ALL

wtf was i smoking last year

at least i got a few predictions on point, and i'm glad marco is still around ♥ i'm still shook that megaro actually revived tho hooooly BALLS

On 15/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, Seimeisen said:

- NEW FUCKING MERRY ALBUM  ✔

- ザアザア will continue to kill it ✔

- DIR EN GREY will release a single with embarrassing excuses for b-sides ✗

- MEJIBRAY will release seven singles ✗

- 己龍 will release five singles ✗

- R指定 will release three singles ✔

- cali≠gari 13 ✔

- lynch. will release an album in September or October ✔

- Plastic Tree will release a single that sounds like 瞳孔/落花/Silent Noise  

- we might get a lot of surprise albums, since pretty much all we got in 2016 was fucking singles 

As for DEZERT ... well, I don't think they'll go major, but they will do things... they'll either:

- Be super consistent and release some awesome shit ✔

- Lose another member in the midst of upcoming releases, then scrap it all for a short sub-par album ✗

7/11

- I would have rather gotten a pathetic utaboomy-ish DEG single than the announcement for VESTIGE OF ASSES, but at least they're [supposedly] working on a new album, sooo...

- R指定 was technically 2 singles and a mini album

- lynch. was only a mini, but still a great release, and honestly much better than BLØØD THIRSTY CREATURE

- Plastic Tree did release a single, but it actually sounded different for once

- I'm giving DEZERT points being consistent and releasing awesome shit, even though they just did one single and one live-dist track, but おやすみ is probably the most beautiful song released this entire year.

On 16/12/2016 at 12:12 PM, Komorebi said:

X Japan postpones the album once again due to someone having the flu. I came close
Kisaki throws in two more scandals and three threats of retirement. He doesn't. I'm pretty sure he did.
Rockstar Records goes kaput. YASSS!
At least one Ains band disbands. RIP Grieva
Yukika pulls another Malisend/Mediena that don't last a year. It's not too late for Virge to disband.
Half of the bands formed this year will disband before 2017 is over.  A good share did.
MiA get's another plastic surgery. Nope.
Nokubura quit VK. but Hiro's hair did.
Tenten forms yet another band that won't make it to 2018. I still want Lack.co over.
Ryo (Girugamesh) will keep doing covers on youtube. Pretty sure he did. I did not keep up.
D will not disband because Asagi is stubborn as fuck, instead they'll release another Alice themed single. It was fairy themed. But they keep going.
Ruiza will keep teasing with his solo project and not actually release another album. HE DID. HE SANG. STIL NOT OVER IT.
JaY will make it as an official member of Matenrou Opera, yet Anzi won't do better than being Kamijo's support. Still waiting for this.
Kaya will form another band. Nope.
L'Arc en Ciel teases with some other shitty collab. Thank god they didn't.
Vamps tours the states again, with no new releases. Half right. We got Underworld and World Tour.
Another Gackt scandal that ends up buried somehow. Who?
Yasu either cancels another tour because of polyps, either releases another ABC single. Tour cancelled for health issues. I know my squirrel.
Morrigan keeps releasing similar sounding shit but Aryu keeps up his shitty singing. This is a fact.
A Bloom band disbands. Is agent of Jap active?
Ayumi Hamasaki releases another mediocre album. Can't remember if she even released something this year, meaning if she did, it was indeed mediocre.

Edited by Komorebi

On 12/16/2016 at 10:09 AM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I was right about predicting when Malisend would disband, so maybe I'll make lightning strike twice with this list!!!

-As already said, Malisend x Mediena hybrid band à la Valluna --> Diaura

-Devil Kitty remain independently produced, covering Gokiburi songs until mid-year, then release a new single on a new Yuuga-fronted label with a weird name (idk something like "Cool Tunez inc")

-Pentagon go major

-Arelquin churn out a new album but remain with Goemon for another year

-Grieva start taking influence from 2002~2006 Diru 

-Kuro Yuuri to Kage get a new drummer, but someone else leaves

-Kisaki does a bunch of other session bands and sponsors more concert series that bring back really cool bands who are now in their 50's 

-Another Agitation Clysis omnibus series of bands no one has ever heard of, plus one with a bunch of relevant vkei bands that didn't bother to select new songs

-Announcement for a new Versailles album for some time in 2018

-D releases  around 4 new singles and one of them has surprisingly good b-sides. A-sides are trash as per usual 

-This is Wataru's year

Green: fucking called it

Orange: Sort of true / I was close

Red: Nope

On 12/16/2016 at 6:19 PM, Tokage said:

Japan finally passes the proposed law that outlaws all ''brutal'' music, thankfully ending shit kei forever X MOVED TO ''HOPES FOR 2018'' CUZ THIS GOOFY SHIT IS STILL GOING SOMEHOW 

Other predictions [too lazy to merge, just copy-pasting]

* At least 1 of either Ryo's or Aie's current projects will bite the dust X nope, as far as i can remember, they're all still going (or did Hollowgram go on hiatus?)

* New Merry album

* New Metronome material

* DEZERT goes major [2] OR goes on hiatus/disbands X

* X Japan album drops but it's just old songs but with English lyrics & 2 new piano SEs X this album is never gonna fucking drop

* 1 or 2 new bands formed by Tenten, fold before the year ends ? I can't remember whether Lack.co started activities in 2017 or 2016...

* One of the Ains bands disbands

* Kisaki """retires""" again ? i'm pretty sure there must've been some scandal shit that i missed out on but i cant remember

* Some literally who band nobody asked for makes a comeback

* Some literally who band nobody asked for goes to Europe

* At least one long lasting, well-established band will call it quits

* New Maximum the Hormone material X didnt they go on yet another hiatus due to pregnancy recently?

* New Dir en grey material [I mean, the D'erlanger tribute thing counts as new material, as do those upcoming 3 re-recorded tracks..]

* Mana and Gackt get married

* Yayoi found dead in Miami

also i cant believe how many of y'all turned out to be right, either the scene is just THAT predictable or listening to enough music by multicolored anime men somehow opens up your third eye

Edited by Tokage

On 12/15/2016 at 9:17 PM, Ito said:
  • X Japan Album doesn't come out BIG SHOCKER
  • Mako (of deadman) comes out of hiding, releases something small like some poems, and then goes back and hides again. No release, but he performed at one of Kaya's shows, so I'll count it.
  • D'espairsRay teases us again with a return, but it is only a single show. Unless I missed something, nope.
  • Ryo of girugamesh continues to be a cocktease with his youtube stuff all year, finally announces something at the end of 2017. Ryo's getting around, but still no kind of solo announcement.
  • toe does another North American tour. Sadly no
  • aie starts a new band. He joined DECAYS, so I'm counting it, even if he didn't start it.
  • 2017 will be considered a much better year than 2016 for VK. Uh, feels about a wash, though maybe a mild improvement?
  • There will be more shitty drama on MH. 2017 felt tamer than 2016, not to say we were drama free.

I'm going to say I got 4 out of 8, so half right ain't terrible.

On 16/12/2016 at 7:21 AM, Danao said:

Versailles is back, do a world tour, release an album with the same song played over and over  and rick roll everyone (should I call it versailles roll ?)

Does KAMIJO's Nosferatu count? I love the song but the tracklist still looks hilarious to me.