herpes

~2017 predictions~

3 hours ago, emmny said:

come summer hitomi will FINALLY debut a new band and get a life

inb4 kisaki project ft. hitomi becomes a thing

shinjuku gewalt mini-album? wait, these are predictions for 2017, not 2047, sorry about that

55 minutes ago, midi:nette said:

yuri finally loses his anal virginity to victor

onscreen virginity. they're definitely smashing to hell and back already.

Enon Kawatani ruins someone else's career

betting's already started on who!

New Kuroyuri album (Hopefully)

Kyo, being the eternal teenager he is, gets over his deathcore scene phase and decides to go Emo and tour with AFI. (Ok, not a real prediction, but I felt like making the joke xD)

Kiryu releases a few singles, and then another album. 

Kon (La'Mule and Cell) will probably start another project, since he occasionally still preforms both La'Mule and Cell songs with Nao. 

New Kisaki project with a bunch of people who are 10-20 years younger than him, but somehow look a little older. 

Karma and Zen from AvelCain return with another project. 

Sibilebashir disbands, then reforms on Kuroyuri's label (There have been multiple rumours around about them joining Kuroyuri's label)

Yukika snipes another band, puts them on a sublabel

Kebyou releases first non-live distributed single

Yoshiki decides to do another business venture, and epicly fails

A bunch of small Tokyo based Vkei bands that look like Meteroid and Diaura play the stylish wave countdown, and become popular, and we won't stop hearing about them for the rest of the year as labels pick them up. 

CrowXClass still doesn't return, or even give any clues to whether they've disbanded or not. 

(The next predictions are just jokes)

AKB-48 releases their 666th single, with so many versions, that there aren't enough letters in the alphabet to label them all, so they use IPA letters. But it turns out just to be the same stuff, as usual, because.. well.. it's AKB-48. 

Some big JPop scandal that honestly is nothing huge, but people gotta complain over anyway, fills all the J-music news sites. 

AvexTrax will start losing more money, as Nightmare goes on hiatus, and a bunch of other Avex bands will decide to follow Nightmare and do the same.  (I mean, have you seen how Avex treats their bands?)

And finally, Hide rises from the grave, just to say "Ok, look, the Vkei industry is not the same anymore. There is something that the industry lacks. I think we all know what it is. La'Mule should have never disbanded"

Edited by AimiGen7

11 minutes ago, AimiGen7 said:

AvexTrax will start losing more money, as Nightmare goes on hiatus, and a bunch of other Avex bands will decide to follow Nightmare and do the same.  (I mean, have you seen how Avex treats their bands?)

You think avex is losing money on NIGHTMARE of all people?

^ they play ~250-300 person capacity venues often and idk if they sell them out. at holiday next in nagoya (~250 cap) they played with DADAROMA and after DDRM was done the crowd thinned out a fair bit. i wonder if there's a list of common venues with capacity listed somewhere because it's an easy measure

i agree Satsuki will either finally stop being deluded and give up his solo career or marry a european and move there to work instead

i also predict that there will be a scandal directly related to in-store photo sessions that tops even the girl who made fest vainqueur pose with condoms in their mouths
and another dude is going to get stabbed by a gya

1 hour ago, cvltic said:

i wonder if there's a list of common venues with capacity listed somewhere because it's an easy measure

http://shattered-tranquility.net/index.php/category/originals/venue-navi/

http://www.vkeiguide.com/category/venue-cd-navi/venue

A lot of the livehouses themselves don't disclose their capacity on their websites, but the above links are good. Pretty much every venue is listed with their cap

Edited by helcchi

• DIR EN GREY will release a new single mid-year, and announce a new album towards the end of 2017.
  • MERRY will release a new album, goddamn they'd better.
  • cali≠gari announces a new (mini) album by the end of 2017 but not before releasing at least one impossible-to-get FC-limited remix single.
  • MUNIMUNI slightly change the index page of their website twice. Nothing much else happens. Oh wait: two live-limited demos they forget to announce in advance.
  • Grieva be Grievin' as always, copy-paste Kuroyuri to kage and Gossip here as well.
  • X JAPAN somehow manages to perform in London in March, YOSHIKI designs a new Yoshikitty and new chips flavor. Album? What album?

X Japan finally releases the album. It comes packaged with three unreleased songs only, and at the end of the day, it's still three new X Japan songs too many.[2] 

Anfiel disbands amid a bangya debacle; band claims that the vocalists aunt is sick. That's not the end of it however, and every other band Hiroki likes is soon to follow. 

A new DADAROMA single gets released sometime in 2017. It gets uploaded on MH six months later but only as a youtube rip. The thread is not locked because everyone is desperate. 

The world is torn in fiery debate whether blackdoll's ban ending or Lycaon's continuing activity is the greatest tragedy the international community will face in 2017. 

-mejibray pulls four singles out of their asses

-RAZOR will release like one single and go under

-smileberry who?

-MiA inexplicably gets uglier

- tenten will form and dismantle another project just as fast

-someone beefing w yohio

-nokubura album that leaves me  r a t t l e d

-like 2 diaura singles, good, as expected

-alsdead disbandment

-a purple stone mini album with a name involving toxic tangerines or somth

-either terrifying or beautifully done scapegoat album

-more bad react videos bring more attention to vk, good and bad

-ryo will realize the agony he's putting us through and finally release original content (or announce it for the following year)

Edited by totoromi

the god and death stars disbands

aie forms a new band with ex the god and death stars members and calls it "the death of the gods was fake I'll never die I rule nagoya kei" (well, aie forming a new band is very likely to happen)

DALLE releases a single, then disappears for years

KEEL keeps on doing great stuff

HOLLOWGRAM loses members and vanishes for quite some time

Amano Yuki releases new CDs, and it's impossible to find them anywhere, even though it will be amazing

mejibray finally decides to disband and a petition to cancel disbanding happens called "we have bad tastes don't leave yet, we need you", which works and they stay again

Initial'L releases singles and an album and get hated from MH 

D disbands (tbh I think it will happen)

megamasso releases an album and it's fantastic

More releases a new mini album and.. and that's it, let's call it a year

Lolita23q releases new materials, and Sou came back only for girls so he doesn't care about it being good or not (I hope they iwll release stuff though)

Kisaki returns with a band, but it will release only 2 stuff, and then nothing happens

X japan releases new album which turns out to be only a mini with 6 songs including 2 SEs and Kurenai in english which is a complete disaster

LUNA SEA releases new album and two singles, but turns out to be just ok, they also release 2 DVDs for 20,000yen each

Moi Dix Mois releases a new album and decide to call it a decade, Mana never dies and drink Kamijo's blood to become mortal though it turned out to be lethal and shit happens

Versailles is back, do a world tour, release an album with the same song played over and over  and rick roll everyone (should I call it versailles roll ?)

MH DL section is dying, less and less members are sharing stuff, and people are now forced to buy CDs to listen to music (such a disaster)

MH Drama over and over

MH trolls being more present than ever and get supported behind the scene by "important" people from the forum 

Val daily newsletter for Rarezhut stops and hourly newsletter happen because she thought daily was not enough.

Edited by Danao

i mostly just have predictions of mejibray since they consume my days off and everything in my bank account, leaving nothing for any other band

- mia does some kind of collab or solo project outside of mejibray and nobody really cares

- he also has at least 3 new prince outfits that are difficult to tell apart

- somebody gets sick and the schedule is in danger somehow

- at least 5 new cds and 3 new dvds

- two more tours after the one in may already announced

in terms of other bands i wanted to predict initial'L flopping more than already but someone else covered this

hoping to see malisend members in new bands but not holding my breath

12 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

- Plastic Tree will release a single that sounds like 瞳孔/落花/Silent Noise

The new song Nenriki is little different from these songs. But isn't nothing of special. Just remind me others songs from them.

9 hours ago, saishuu said:

- art-kei dies

blockeD on the spot tbh

don't really have any predictions, but expect D.I.D. to finally finish that s t a l e  r e r e c o r d i n g s album that never happened

new ex-duel jewel bands

unsraw yuuki back with a new band

initial'l signing with king records (or something despicable like idk pony canyon)

end of D seems pretty high on the groupthink wish list lol

My predictions

DALLE will be on hiatus

Hollowgram will release a album 

keel will not change, just releases and more releases

Mejibray will disband 

UNITE will release a new album

Plastic tree will release more singles and i dont know what will happen... Hiatus maybe or still changing or a break in band to bring them to old era lol

Ryutaro Arimura will release new singles.

Many members of bands will die. 

Scandal and bankruptcy from some labels 

Kisaki will come back with phantasmagoria to get some money from fans hahaha(maybe this will not happen again, but nobody knows what this b*tch think)

Kiryu will release more singles 

THE NOVEMBERS will release new album more awesome than Hallejuah

The gazette will be hiatus or disband (i dont mind) 

Miyavi will not release nothing. 

GE+IM (new luzmelt band) will release new singles

Dir en grey will release more stuff 

Monochrome heaven forum will keep strong against fakes like minpha copyright

More 92375983798326 new bands and more disband 

Some bands will come to a Europe tour (i hope so)

* DEVIZE and Merry badend are doing one more ONEMAN in Nagoya in a bigger hall

* Nostradamnz will finally release their first full album and a ONEMAN gig.  At the day  I'm in Japan. (lol dream on)

* KLACK will return for one DAY on the stage.

* Acid Black Cherry will disband and Janne Da Arc will return for a limited time.

* Kiwamu will lose all his bands on his label just like ROCKSTAR RECORDS because of a big scandal.

* E.T will finally come with a full ablum (okay that really finally gonna happen I think...)

* XAA-XAA will disband no matter how many fans they have.

* DEZERT will disband because of a nice drugs scandal.

* Of course again a random band nobody cares for will go to Europe.

* Sweet x Home will finally come with a damn great album and finally people will notice how amazing they actually are.

And the rest, well people kinda already wrote those shizzel.

is there actually any backing to this expectation of D goin' full kaisan besides that NYE event being canceled?

I mean they came back with a shit tier album, and every session band/solo thing that the notable members have going rn is miles more interesting than w/e band itself comes up with.

cancelled gig w. a shady ass booking company doesn't help either - how hard is it for a major band to swap the promoter if shit didn't work out, you'd think their label has tha connectionz.

I think that:

• A9 will make another fundraising campaign to release two new EPs (and an instrumental version of one of them) and put them together on an NEW ALBOOM. Or at least a single;
  • X-Japan will postpone "Japanese democracy" in ten years;
  • Rockstar records will go bankrupt, Yayoi retires;
  • Lizard neo will release two more installments for its "Agitation clysis" series;
  • Kiryu will release five singles and the DVDs of its tour finals; B. P. RECORDS, PLEASE, STOP
  • 958329843487523987932579832478594383 new bands will form, 958329843487523987932579832478594384 of them will disband still in 2017;
  • Some random bandmen will get arrested for commiting randomer crimes, will die from randomer and obscure illnesses or will be victims of traffic accidents.

That's it for now.

What's on with people thinking that Xaa-xaa and Dezert will go major?

Edited by IGM_Oficial

I was right about predicting when Malisend would disband, so maybe I'll make lightning strike twice with this list!!!

-As already said, Malisend x Mediena hybrid band à la Valluna --> Diaura

-Devil Kitty remain independently produced, covering Gokiburi songs until mid-year, then release a new single on a new Yuuga-fronted label with a weird name (idk something like "Cool Tunez inc")

-Pentagon go major

-Arelquin churn out a new album but remain with Goemon for another year

-Grieva start taking influence from 2002~2006 Diru 

-Kuro Yuuri to Kage get a new drummer, but someone else leaves

-Kisaki does a bunch of other session bands and sponsors more concert series that bring back really cool bands who are now in their 50's 

-Another Agitation Clysis omnibus series of bands no one has ever heard of, plus one with a bunch of relevant vkei bands that didn't bother to select new songs

-Announcement for a new Versailles album for some time in 2018

-D releases  around 4 new singles and one of them has surprisingly good b-sides. A-sides are trash as per usual 

-This is Wataru's year

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

Ok so why do so many people keep saying that DeG will release a new single? First of all they've been releasing a single about two years apart and we just got one this year ex. 2012"Rinkaku", 2014"Sustain the Untruth", 2016 "Utafumi" and second they already announced a greatest hits/best album which people can vote for the songs it will include on twitter. Here's the info.: http://direngrey.co.jp/special/bestalbum/ Although no exact release date yet I'd still say more than likely 2017 and also I expect it to include new versions of the songs that appear on the album. So that should keep them busy all year even if they don't record new versions of songs for the album I still find it really unlikely that they will release a single in the same year as well. Especially considering that Kyo and Die both have ongoing side projects that they have to devote time to.

In short Dir en grey will not release a single in 2017, I'm certain of it.:kthxbai: 

Edited by sume7

X Japan postpones the album once again due to someone having the flu.
Kisaki throws in two more scandals and three threats of retirement. He doesn't.
Rockstar Records goes kaput.
At least one Ains band disbands. 
Yukika pulls another Malisend/Mediena that don't last a year.
Half of the bands formed this year will disband before 2017 is over.
MiA get's another plastic surgery.
Nokubura quit VK.
Tenten forms yet another band that won't make it to 2018.
Ryo (Girugamesh) will keep doing covers on youtube.
D will not disband because Asagi is stubborn as fuck, instead they'll release another Alice themed single.
Ruiza will keep teasing with his solo project and not actually release another album.
JaY will make it as an official member of Matenrou Opera, yet Anzi won't do better than being Kamijo's support.
Kaya will form another band.
L'Arc en Ciel teases with some other shitty collab.
Vamps tours the states again, with no new releases.
Another Gackt scandal that ends up buried somehow.
Yasu either cancels another tour because of polyps, either releases another ABC single.
Morrigan keeps releasing similar sounding shit but Aryu keeps up his shitty singing.
A Bloom band disbands.
Ayumi Hamasaki releases another mediocre album.