Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

Interview | KLACK - Cure 60 (Japanese & English)

CURE vol. 60
KLACK interview

前作「 MACHINE」 の高評価を追い風に、 7月30日にMaxi Single『  No。NAMEj( ナンバー、 ネーム) をリリースするKLACK。 バンドの根幹となる部分を改めて前面に押し出した今回の作品創りの話を通して、 KLACKというバンドの本質が垣間見えた。

-前作『 MACHINE」 から3ヶ月で今回マキシ· シングル『 No、NAMEをリリースする訳ですが、 これまでのぺースから考えると、 かなり早いスパンでのリリースですよね。
柳橋昌亜( 以下: 昌亜):  『MACHINE」 をリリースする時点でこのリリースはもう決めてた。前回のインタビューでuも言ってたけど、 やる意味さえ揃えばやれる事はやれる時に全部やる。 このリリースにはそれが揃ってた。
神谷聖也( 以下: 聖也):  4月にはタイトルは決まってたけど、 曲は歌詞が付く前のデモしかなかった(笑) 。

- その状態でリリース日によく間に合いましたね。
聖也: 間に合わなければ、 リリース日を延ばせばいいだけの話。
上村隼人( 以下: 隼人):  その辺はウチら自由人だから(笑) 。
u: 歌詞で言いたい事は決まってたから、 タイトルは決めてた。 「やる意味」 は当然常に持ってる。 それがないとバンドなんてやってる意味がない。 でも「 やれる事」 「 やれる時」 、 チャンスと言い換えてもいいけど、 それが揃う事はなかなか無いからね。 チャンスは逃がさない。 評価は二の次。

- しかし前作『 MACHINE」 は高い評価を受けましたよね。 アメリカのラジオ番組で9位にランクインもされたとも伺っています。 今作の制作ではそれらの評価を受けての意気込み、 プレッシャーなどあったんでしょうか?
聖也: 「 MACHINE」 の評価はまぐれです。
全員: (爆笑)
烈: 評価を気にしているバンドでもないけど、 いい評価をされるってのは単純に嬉しいよね。
昌亜: ウチらには結成当時のダーク(笑) なイメージを先入観として持ってる人が多いと思うそのイメージを植えつける事になったウチらの表現方法は今でも正しかったと思ってるし、 全く後悔もないけど、 そういうイメージの先入観のない土地での評価は一つの自信にはなるよね。 もちろん遠い土地での評価よりも身の周りで起こる再評価というか、 その辺の方がリアルに感じられたけど。
u: でも有頂天になれる程の評価でもないし、 プレッシャーなんかないよ。
聖也: 評価どうこうって言っても、 相変わらずライブでは珍獣のように見られてるしね(笑)  

- 今作は音楽的には「 MACHINE」 の延長上にあるものだと思うんですが、 今のKLACKのメイン、 スタイルを貫いた感じですか?
昌亜:  メイン。 スタイルなのかな? 今の。 でも音楽的にはヴィジュアル系というシ星ンから更にドロップアウトしてしまってるかも(笑) 。 意図的じゃないんだけど。
隼人:  違うよ、 ヴィジュアル系ってもっと何でもありなシーンなんだよむしろそんな自由なシーンで同じようなバンドしか出てこない方が気持ち悪い。 他のバンドや過去のバンドと同じような事ばっかやって、 何が面白いのかさっぱり分からない!
聖也:  ●●●●批判はやめなよ! 彼らも頑張ってるんだから。  
一同: (爆笑)
隼人:  ●●●●の事なんて言ってねえよ! 興味ねぇし。

- 歌詞の部分ではどうですか?
u: [No. NAME」 は歌詞的にはKLACKというバンドの根っこの部分と言っていい。ウチらが結成当時からやってる表現は、ある意味「常識」 とか「モラル」 とか何でか知らないけど、皆が信じて疑わない訳の分からない物への抵抗。 そこをもっと掘り下げて「基準」 という物は何なのか? という所まで言えたかな?
昌亜:  カップリングの2曲もある意味世の中の「基準」 と戦ってるよね(笑)
一同: (爆笑)
隼人: この3曲を聴いて好き嫌いは別としてスッと受け入れられた奴は、「基準」の枠にハマッてない奴だよね。

- 「受け入れられない」 っていう方がノマルって事?
u: ノーマルってか「つまんない奴」 だね。

Edited by BrenGun

intro blabla, I do that later maybe.

As the other 2, this is only a RAW translation, it's not checked or whatever.

- 3 Months ago you released your last CD "MACHINE", Soon you will release a new maxi single "NO, NAME", it's fairly a quick release.
Masaya: At the time of the release of "MACHINE" this release was also already decided. u-san said that also in the previous interview, our attitude is; if we go for it, we can do everything. With this release we made it complete.  
Seiya: The title was already decided in April, however the lyrics where not written yet, only a demo existed.

- You often create a release date in this state this isn't?
Seiya: If you can't make it in time, you can postpone the release date.
Hayato: That's because we are free man. (laugh)
u: I decided the title because I already decided what I wanted to say with the lyrics. Naturally there is always a "meaning" behind. There isn't a point to do a band if you don't have such meaning. but, although [being able to do] [When you can do it] can be paraphrased as a chance, it's not easy to make it happen. You shouldn't let the opportunity escape. Evaluation comes on the 2nd place.

- Anyway, your previous work, "MACHINE" received some good rating. I even did hear that it was ranked at the 9th place in an American radio program. The received rating, how did it feel, did you get more enthusiastic, do you feel much more pressure, etc?
Seiya: The rating of "MACHINE" is a fluke
everyone: Burst out laughing
Takeru: We are not a band who cares about rating, but it's simply nice to receive good rating.
Masaya: We all felt dark at the time of formation. (lol) I think that many people have that kind of image as precondition. I think the expression method which we use to plant that image is still right, I don't regret it at all. Such an image has no preconception, the land value turns into a coincidence. Of course revaluation happens around yourself rather than on a distant land. It feels realistic if you see it from that side.
u: However after this rating I don't feel as I'm in 7th heaven, also there isn't a feeling of pressure.
Seiya: No matter what kind of rating you get, we always been seen as strange  beasts at each lives. (laugh)

- I think this work is musically the extension of "MACHINE", it's the main KLACK now, is it your style now?
Masaya: Main? is that a style? Now.  However maybe we dropped musically further out of the visual kei. (laugh) however it isn't intentional.
Hayato: It's different. Visual Kei is nothing more than just a scene. It give just a bad vibe, only similar bands appear in such free scene. They doing something similar of what other bands have done in the past. I don't know exactly what's interesting such thing.
Seiya: ●●●●  stop your critics! Because they are also giving their best.
Everyone: burst out laughing
Hayato: ●●●● don't tell me that! I don't care!

- What about the part of the lyrics?
u: lyricistically. [No. NAME」 can be seen as the root part of the band KLACK. Time by time we gave the expression since the formation, the sense of that we didn't know the meaning of "common sense" and "moral",  everyone believed it without any doubts, without understanding it, it is the thing of resistance. digging into it more, wasn't it called "standard"? or how was it named?
Masaya: The 2 coupling songs are also fighting against the "standard" of the world.
Everyone: burst out laughing
Hayato: The person who accepts it apart from likes and dislikes and is able to listen to all 3 songs straight, is the person who doesn't fall into the limited of "standard".

- So the people who can't accept the songs are normal?

u: They're not normal, they're boring.

Edited by BrenGun

Sign in to follow this