Bear

Games Done Quick

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick

Games Done Quick is a series of charity video game marathons. These events feature high-level gameplay by speedrunners raising money for charity. Games Done Quick has teamed up with several charities in its six-year history, including Doctors Without Borders and the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

To date, Games Done Quick has raised over 8 million dollars for charity! We also average over 1400 people in attendance at our events, including staff, volunteers, runners, and attendees just looking to have fun and support the event!

So, is anyone here into GDQ? I'm very much into watching this and the first of two events in 2017 will come already in January. It's a good thing I don't sleep much. I also spend a shitload of time watching previous runs on youtube. I watch everything that's of older games (and some newer that I am into myself), but I prefer the runs of games I have a strong relationship too, with the exception of stuff such as Kaizo Mario and Super Mario Maker runs. Which is usually an incredible watch anyway.

So, favourite runs?

Personally I really enjoy Snowfats' Hotline Miami run. The run is good, but the atmosphere with the Snowfats and the guys on the coach are great. It's hilarious!

PJ's Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts are easily one of the funiest runs I've seen. You gotta be a really boring person not to enjoy this run.

PJ and Mecha Richter's Battletoads & Double Dragon is really good. It's just really fun.

This Super Mario Maker teamrun by Team Streambig.net vs. Team Hot Pockets is really good and really intense.

I recommend just going through the channel and check out a shitload of videos.

The Kaizo Mario World run is just fantastic, like all Kaizo runs. Magnificent stuff!

This Aladdin run is amazing too. The run is good, but the coach is just brilliant. You won't find many that's as funny as these two guys in these videos. And the ending, right after he's bear the game, is one of the very, very best parts of any GDQ videos. WOW!!!

I really got in to the Summer one this year.  I didn't have all that much time to watch it, but damn if I didn't get sucked in on occasion. I loved the runner's Grandma in this one XD

PJ plays through Super Ghouls n' Ghosts with all weapons. PJ's the man, and this run is brilliant. Unlike most other runs, it's just pure fun. Hilarious throughout. He's got the skills, charisma and humor. One of the better, if not the best one.

This is brilliant. Never thought I'd see I am Bread in SGDQ. Also, this game IS hard as fuck. Probably the second hardest game I've played, beaten just by Ghosts ‘n Goblins.

This Super Oanga World run is also hilarious. It's so much fun, both from the player, his run and the couch. Hilarious! I love me some CarlSagan42.

^^that run with Panga, CarlSagan and Poo providing commentary was indeed a lot of fun.

Caught Diablo 2 and Link to the Past live last week.... I enjoyed both of those because at various times they were amongst my favorite games. Crazy to see people beating Zelda without a sword in an hour and a half.

I watched about as much as I could over the course of the week. I wanted to actually go this year since it is only 5 hours from where I live, but work and other obligations screwed with that.

Super Panga World was nuts and super fun. Some of my other favorite runs that I watched were Super Monkey Ball and Kingdom Hearts II. I'm going to try and watch some of the ones that I missed over the next week or two.