hiroki

ゴシップ(Gossip) new mini album "百舌(mozu)" release

On 2/16/2017 at 4:36 AM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I can think of at least 4 other examples of bands using a manji in their song titles, so I'm sure there won't be much backlash.

There is literally a band called The Manji and they use the symbol in like... a good 70% of their song titles

(They also shamelessly ripped off Paranoid by Black Sabbath fwiw)

Since this band had 1-2 good songs so far i gave the mini a listen. Boring stuff i felt i've heard a million times done better before. Cant say i didnt expect that from them. As they always do - just random parts from other bands songs put randomly together with little to no change and mark as their own. Just one example that stood out to me:

ゴシップ - 赫い交差点 00:31

KoЯn - Faget 00:44

if we stop to compare how many songs have parts which sounds like parts of other songs,this topic will never end

as many stoner and doom metal bands have black sabbath as their reference,Gossip is a kind of join of bands like the gazette/kagerou/etosetora 

almost their whole discography is a kinda of deconstruction of other old school songs.i think that Gossip is all that the Visual Kei scene needed

The new EP is great and i'm glad that i like 100% of their stuff without exception.

Edited by Gichi Gichi

I personally LOVED the EP. While I don't think it's anything that special, it's the only GossiP release I like every song from since Tokyo Scandal.

Personally, one song stood out to me. Black Sugar & Cigarette. That one gave off a lot of old school Rock n' Roll/Rockabilly vibes. In fact, it had me listening to this one band, Stray Cats, again. Stray Cats was a Rockabilly band that was popular in, of all decades, the 80s. One of their largest fanbases was in Japan. My guitar teacher remembers seeing people in the crowd of their Japanese concerts that were dressed like VisualKei bands. 

Why is this important? In the case of GossiP, probably not. It's just something cool that one of their songs reminded me of