hiroki

ゴシップ(Gossip) new mini album "百舌(mozu)" release

9 hours ago, Kang MarLon said:

if i could only judge by the new look,i'd say that this mini album is going to be violent and punk!

You know what, you could be right about that! I'm looking forward to the previews but I'm sure that won't be until February sometime

That's awesome their singles keep steadily improving, the end of the chorus reminds me of DIAURAs Taboo.

I am gonna play Sumire a few times now </3

How did I not find out about this earlier? xD. I mean, as a huge GossiP fan, I thought I would have found out about this. Then again, where I live is comparable to living under a rock.

On 12/30/2016 at 10:03 PM, Hakari said:

Am I the only one who really liked their last single? Getting stoked

I actually really liked their last single too! Especially the look that came with it. Peaked Caps are just yus. Also, it seems as if Saku has gotten really good at his growls. I remember in JyuLie, his screams and growls were pretty crappy, but when GossiP began, he really improved. I really liked the heavy feel that Tenjotenge Yuigadokushou had, and the Punk rock vibes that Aa, Chuunigakusei gave. I mean, GossiP has always given off Punk vibes, but it was always Hardcore Punk vibes, or Emotive Hardcore/Screamo in the case of R-18. 

I am not disagreeing with your point, but it will only be OFFICIALLY accepted upon its publication with a track-by-track cross genre guitar riff analysis (1200 words min., posted as a status update, with spontaneous comment removal on your own discretion.)

Also, haha for the shade throwing at me, @nekkichi. Very funny. Like omg, I'm so triggered over that. Next time, just mention my name and be brave, won't you please? Throw shade at me to my face like a man, daddy~. It won't ruin my day. I'm not gonna say anything back, because this is not the place, or the time. 

I'm not trying to start an argument here, because I hate arguing.  I just authentically want you to say whatever you have to say about me to my face.  Seriously, just message me, because this is honestly not the place to be even worrying about this, so inbox me please 

Edited by AimiGen7
In hindsight, I was being immature about things, and it's kind of lengthy, so I decided to take out any redundancy. I know I've edited a lot, but this is the last time.

Ok, so I actually just realised something interesting about track 5 (Manji).

So we all know how the Hindu Swastika was adopted as a variant character for 万 (Pronounced Wan in Chinese, Man in Japanese. Technically means 1000, but is used to mean eternal) and when it came into Japanese, they, for some reason, decided to pronounce it as Manji (Lit. Eternal Character). Despite common belief, the Manji can be written either left facing or right facing. Though the left facing is generally used more in Asia and is used in the west to differentiate it from the Hakenkreuz (which we all know is the German version) which is almost always right facing and diagonal. 

Seeming as with the symbols they put on the CD case, they seem to be going toward a Buddhist theme, I wonder how they're going to implement the meaning of the Manji into the song. One could say it could be a deep, personal song, knowing it means Eternity, but knowing that it's going to be a heavier one, part of me is wondering if the song could be using the controversiality of the symbol in the meaning. 

GossiP loves to play around with controversial topics, and so I wouldn't be surprised if they made a song playing around with both the meaning of the Manji, and the controversy surrounding it. I guess we'll have to wait until they release it, in which I really can't wait~

y'all know i'm not a fan of ballads but this song isn't bad (but then again gossip have never really disappointed me)

1 minute ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I can think of at least 4 other examples of bands using a manji in their song titles, so I'm sure there won't be much backlash.

True. It was just an interesting idea to think about though, since the history behind the symbol's many uses is quite intriguing 

Edited by AimiGen7

1 hour ago, AimiGen7 said:

So we all know how the Hindu Swastika was adopted as a variant character for 万 (Pronounced Wan in Chinese, Man in Japanese. Technically means 1000, but is used to mean

Just a little correction:

万 (man) - 10,000

千 (sen) - 1000

And yeah, probably won't be very controversional. At least not in Japan or with vk-fans but we all know this is nothing that the mainstream media or w/e will know about anyway.

First thing that comes to mind when I see that symbol btw:

Kinjirareta%20Asobi%20Front.jpg

Kinjirareta%20asobi%20back%20cover.jpg

18 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Just a little correction:

万 (man) - 10,000

千 (sen) - 1000

And yeah, probably won't be very controversional. At least not in Japan or with vk-fans but we all know this is nothing that the mainstream media or w/e will know about anyway.

First thing that comes to mind when I see that symbol btw:

Hide contents

Kinjirareta%20Asobi%20Front.jpg

Kinjirareta%20asobi%20back%20cover.jpg

Ah, thanks for correcting me xD. 

This is why I shouldn't be allowed to do maths. 

Also, that seems interesting there. Knowing Deadly Sanctuary is a Punkish band from the early 2000's, it's very possible that the song could be influenced by them. 

This makes me more excited for the EP now. I just can't wait to see what GossiP has in store, because you never know what they'll do next. 

Edit: I just realised that this is one of the old bands of Yayoi, who used to own the label that one of Yukika's old bands was signed to. I know you know that, but I literally just realised xD

Edited by AimiGen7

man,i told you that this mini album was going to be punk,i'm so happy for this
gossip never disappoint,this is all 2004-gazette and kagerou
also,they sound a bit more polished...one of the best releases of this year

as expected all of it sounds good :]] the samples may be too short to judge but oooh fuck it they've been doing a good job lately soo yeeeees I'm very excited for this mini!!