Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Recommended Tracks: November 2016

Recommended Tracks: November 2016  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which songs did you enjoy this month?

• "浮融 / fuyuu" by 有村竜太朗 (Ryutaro Arimura)
    • "雨音" (Amaoto) by emmureé
    • "アシンメトリ (asymmetry)" by ねごと (NEGOTO)
    • "ふとん史 (futonshi)" by メガマソ (Megamasso)
    • "Kaiju" by [Alexandros]
    • "Omega" by Crystal Lake
    • "RED ZONE" by RAZOR
    • "MonSter" by ZYUN.
    • "シューティングスター (Shooting Star)" by Half time Old
    • "まほうのカギを手に入れたら/むすびズム (Mahou no Kagi wo Te ni Iretara)" by musubizm
    • "khaki circle" by SWIM SWEET UNDER SHALLOW
    • "生花 (Seika)" by ATOLS feat.YURiCa/花たん (hanatan)
    • "Taking Off" by ONE OK ROCK
    • "Six Feet Under" by Crystal Lake
    • "倒錯症レジスタンス(tousakushou resistance)" by DIAURA
    • "WOLFMAN" by コドモドラゴン (Codomo Dragon)
    • "色眼鏡 色彩皆無 (iromegane shikisai kaimu)" by ラッコ ( LACK-CO.)
    • "ビハインド (behind)" by cinema staff
    • "アラジン (aladdin)" by 水曜日のカンパネラ (suiyoubi no campanella)
    • "PANDORA" by EVO+
    • "env Reg." by 網守将平 (Shohei Amimori)
    • "Crystal Chrysalis" by world's end girlfriend
    • "Discal Smoke" by LASTorder
    • "Waltz For Real World" by uyama hiroto
    • "天上天下唯我独唱 (Tenjou tenge yuiga dokushou)" by Gossip-ゴシップ-
    • "Ash" by GOTCHAROCKA
    • "Re:incarnation" by Insanity Injection
    • "深紅に揺らめく、儚き鶺鴒 (Shinku ni yurameku, hakanaki sekirei)" by Chariots
    • "猫夢 (Nekoyume)" by 有村竜太朗 (Ryutaro Arimura)
    • "END TRIP" by Insanity Injection
    • "愛のゆくえ (Aino Yukue)" by きのこ帝国 (Kinoko Teikoku)

tumblr_ohh16f69eN1rfey86o1_1280.png

Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah, it's that time again! What time? Time to recommend a fresh batch of new tracks! :D 

November may not have been the busiest month of the year, but boy do we have some sexy tunes in store for you!  A big thanks to our guest contributors this month: @Delkmiroph, @Ada Suilen, and @Lestat!  As usual, we apologize if some videos aren't available due to region restrictions. I hope your bodies (and ears) are ready for some new tunes!

CWuemck.gif

@Zeus' Picks

"浮融 / fuyuu" by 有村竜太朗 (Ryutaro Arimura)

gOIdr65.png

"浮融 / fuyuu" is my track of the month for November 2016, accompanied by a shift in the seasons that compliments the song when I'm out for long walks. The release of デも / demo snuck up on me; I hold Arimura in high respect for all his work with Plastic Tree despite my dislike for most of their output, but I had not heard of this until it appeared in my recommendations queue. I got what I expected - a gloomy exploration in alternative rock - but there's more here. Plastic Tree never clicked for me, but "浮融 / fuyuu" birthed a new appreciation for his unique musical talents. It's a simple, distorted set of guitar chords that forms the backbone of this emotional roller coaster, and it complements Ryutaro's vocals like a duet between two flirtatious lovers in the heat of an affair. To start the album off proper with a seven minute epic speaks to the confidence and strength of "浮融 / fuyuu". It doesn't revel in complexity or tease with build up for a predictable explosion of emotion. It's a very straightforward, melancholic, and powerful song. Definitely check this out!

Spoiler

@emmny's Picks

"雨音" (Amaoto) by emmureé

ukCz6xe.png

The rain sound resonates along with the ringing of a guitar string

Not so much ringing, rather droning in its distortion

The clouds roar once more, and spill forth the rain

While a kind voice speaks from above

The kind rain sound

Fills your ears

Simultaneously a screech

And a pitter-patter

The rain which cleansed your hands

Now becomes snow

And you'll sit, looking at the sky

Waiting for the rain sound to fill your ears again

Spoiler

@fitear1590's Picks

"アシンメトリ (asymmetry)" by ねごと (NEGOTO)

tU3yALW.png

NEGOTO are long-time faves, but their 2015 album VISION did not impress. As they took a year and a half off from releases, I anxiously awaited their comeback in November 2016 with アシンメトリ (asymmetry) e.p. The eponymous track sounds like a glorious return to form.  The band has always had a synth pop flair, but this time around, they go for a lush electronic sound.  "Asymmetry" also features a colorful concept PV meant to be played across two smartphone screens; this is similar to THE NOVEMBERS's "きれいな海へ (kireina umi e). This is the first step back in the right direction for NEGOTO and I'm curious to see where they go from here!
Spoiler

"ふとん史 (futonshi)" by メガマソ (Megamasso)

zw33rbA.png

Fresh out of their hiatus, Megamasso hit the ground running with a double A-side single. "Futonshi" is a fun game of 'spot the VK trope,' forging a hodgepodge of so many of the scene's signatures: a paradoxically royal and cheap string arrangement, an emphasis on melodic guitar riffs that sound like half neo-classical/half video game BGM, traditional Japanese chord progressions, an out-of-the-blue refrain, and very trendy (trebly) synthwork. It's not the most original track, but it sure is catchy as hell (this is Megamasso, of course) and all three members seem to be in top form. Welcome back, guys!
Spoiler

@doombox's Picks

"Kaiju" by [Alexandros]

QUF2dug.png

It's not too often we get to see the aggressive side of [Alexandros] break from their snarky, sarcastic lyrical style to come across quite this straightforward. "Kaiju" is a funky, slightly grungey, yet fierce take on a sentiment that is relatable to many of us feeling stuck or stagnant in our current circumstances. None of the instrumentation is particularly technical or ground-breaking, but the open arrangement allows the chorus to come in like a punch to the face and the message of the track to take the spotlight. Who wouldn't want to 'rawr' like a big shot kaiju, right? 

Spoiler

"Omega" by Crystal Lake

4XBdrFn.png

It's been a hot minute since a Crystal Lake release hit me the way old releases used to, in the same vein their Dimension and Into The Great Beyond albums did. And though Ryo's vocal style and Gaku's drums are still very much what help make current Crystal Lake the metalcore monster that they are, the depth and emotional tone of "Omega" is a total throwback to the old days. It's definitely one of their first tracks in a long time I'd recommend to those who may have taken a step back for the last couple of years. Though, judging from the rest of True North, it may very well be the final shred of this style they had in them. So enjoy it while you can.

Spoiler

"RED ZONE" by RAZOR

aLIrCRT.png

Yet another new 'super-band' has arrived! RAZOR made a pretty explosive entrance onto the scene with their "RED ZONE" preview this month. My anticipation for the full mini album release is extremely high as the band is full of familiar faces from BORN, Sadie, and MY BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND. And "RED ZONE" has not disappointed me since the more I hear it, the more I genuinely love it. The chorus is catchy and melodic, the verses rip, and everything about the musicianship is as solid as one would expect from these veterans. It's also worth mentioning that they look positively awesome. So if you haven't had the chance to hear them out yet, now is the perfect time.

Spoiler

@beni's Picks

"MonSter" by ZYUN.

XYQJztM.png

ZYUN. is a new artist on the block who just debuted this May with a previous mini-album. What first stood out to me was the artistry of the MV, and the fact that I was positive ZYUN. was a woman. Turns out she is in fact a he, who was already famous before his debut as a fashion designer and concert promoter.  Props to him for single-handedly working his own magic into his music as the producer of the outfit designs, music videos, photo concepts and cover/booklet images. The imperfection of his vocal control is so appealing even when he's stretching his voice too much. It makes for this ballad to stand out and catch the listener's attention. This is one new artist I'll be keeping an eye on from now on, and I think you should too.

Spoiler

"シューティングスター (Shooting Star)" by Half time Old

MqHLXBl.png

Boy band? Tick. Nasally high pitched vocals? Tick. "Shooting Star" sung in Engrish to kick start the chorus? Tick. There's so much to enjoy with this one. From the super rocking instrumental segments to the instantly memorable and groovy chorus, Half time Old prove they're a force to be reckoned with. It may be typical J-rock infused pop, but you have to admit when it's a hell of a good one. Its theme is astronauts and space. Now tell me how you could not fall in love with the out of this world tune?

Spoiler

"まほうのカギを手に入れたら/むすびズム (Mahou no Kagi wo Te ni Iretara)" by musubizm

q6gBlAK.png

This infectious tune is my favorite discovery of this month, without any contest. I've had in on repeat ever since I stumbled on it, and let me tell you why. Even though musubizm is tooth achingly pure idol through and through, the sound is clearly rock. It reminds me of all female bands like SCANDAL, especially with one particular singer with an especially nasally voice just like SCANDAL's Tomomi. Who my favourite is in that band is obvious due to that individual trait, so you can tell who my bias is with musubizm already. It's yet another reason why this song kicks butt! So even though it's idol, don't let that put you off. As is often the case with idol groups, each female's voice is distinctive and the group vocals always sounds amazing, like listening to another unit of Macross Δ's Walküre. I'm impressed and excited for more to come.

Spoiler

"khaki circle" by SWIM SWEET UNDER SHALLOW

zVpTzMr.png

SWIM SWEET UNDER SHALLOW is a name I've known for a while now, but have never felt anything towards them. With their fourth album now out, in which they give the option of paying or nabbing it for free over at their website, this is the leading track to the release. And I sure am glad I gave them another chance. Their sound reminds me of PLASTIC GIRL IN CLOSET mixed with Swinging Popsicle. It has that shoegaze-y edge, but mostly very much indie, both musically and vocally. And I love that about them. Plus it's a male and female duo, both on vocals. You know I'm sold on that magic combination. "khaki circle" is simply divine, with a soothing and romantic lullaby structure and sound, yet also engaging enough to not be a bore.

Spoiler

"生花 (Seika)" by ATOLS feat.YURiCa/花たん (hanatan)

if42iBW.png

No words can describe the perfection of this track. Theatrical and atmospheric is just a basic description of it. Our @CAT5 had directed me to this tune, and it instantly clicked for me as well. ATOLS, a Vocaloid producer unit, was a new name to me but YURiCa is nothing new, as she is easily one of the few Utaite (cover singer on Nico Nico Douga & YouTube) singers I completely adore. This song uses her powerful and absolutely stunning voice that beats plenty of major/famous artists' vocals to make quite the impact. You know it's YURiCa, but I've never heard her touch music as massive as this before. She sure better keep it up. It has an anison feel to it, but on such a grand scale, it leaves a lasting impression and makes for an instant jam. "Seika" doesn't shy away from being pounding and in your face with its electronic sound, and with YURiCa's signature beautiful voice, amazing vocal range and vibrato, you know it's a match made in heaven. As a YouTube comment simply put, it's "overwhelmingly perfect".

Spoiler

@togz's Picks

"Taking Off" by ONE OK ROCK

yN77Hkd.png

Looks like ONE OK ROCK are taking off with another musical direction change. Their new track "Taking Off" was released recently as a teaser for their upcoming album Ambitions which will be obtainable in January. While the song still sounds authentic to OOR's style, it's fresh and offers a lot of vocal variation. The instrumentals aren't very complex but they help power up the chorus melody. It's catchy, memorable, and overall a fun a listen.

Spoiler

"Six Feet Under" by Crystal Lake

4XBdrFn.png

Before "Six Feet Under", Crystal Lake released their music video for "Omega" which offered more dynamics. With only two minutes and seventeen seconds to listen to, this track gets straight to the point. It's a completely different vibe than "Omega" and gets me even more excited for their album release on November 30th. "Six Feet Under" is a real head banger with its chaotic guitar riffs, the lowest of growls, and heavy double bass work. Both of these songs will be available on True North.

Spoiler

"倒錯症レジスタンス(tousakushou resistance)" by DIAURA

wvNJ0by.png

I've personally only heard of DIAURA's earlier works and haven't followed them in some time, but when I heard this song I was instantly interested again. The vibe in this song really brings me back to when I first heard them because I feel the vocals and instruments work well together to create a heavy, upbeat, but melodic environment. Definitely a band I'll be paying attention to again.

Spoiler

"WOLFMAN" by コドモドラゴン (Codomo Dragon)

GdMzynO.png

コドモドラゴン (Codomo Dragon) is another act that I used to follow but stopped somewhere along the way, but this track brought me back. It starts off with a distanced drum and funky bass line. It's a cross between punk and funk that leads in to a really good vocal line. But funk and punk isn't all that's offered in this song. There's very quick guitar work but also some heavy riffs. The chorus is an interesting key change as well. I've got my eyes and ears on you コドモドラゴン.

Spoiler

"色眼鏡 色彩皆無 (iromegane shikisai kaimu)" by ラッコ ( LACK-CO.)

Qdtr7jY.png

If anyone knows me at all, they'll know I'm forever Tenten biased. Naturally I hopped on the ラッコ ( LACK-CO.) bandwagon as soon as this video was released. Aside from Tenten's unique vocals, the music is also technical in some places. From this song alone, this new unit is a good combination between My BACTERIA HEAT IsLAND and KuRt if you keep Tenten's vocals in mind. I'm really excited to hear more from this group, but most of all excited to see some of these members still active in the music scene. 

Spoiler

@CAT5's Picks

"ビハインド (behind)" by cinema staff

qcNHO2D.png

It's been a mere six months since cinema staff's latest full length album eve, and they're already back with a Triple A-side release titled the Vektor EP. While eve was an exemplary exercise in the band's trademark indie-styled pop-rock, Mizuki and the gang seem to be taking off the kid gloves on this new EP. "behind", the third A-side, has been released as a promotional video, and it's already one of the most explosive cinema staff tracks in years! At roughly about two minutes, the song packs in some of the band's more spastic tendencies, proving that they haven't forgotten any of their emo or punk influences just yet. It's great to hear these guys rock out again!

Spoiler

"アラジン (aladdin)" by 水曜日のカンパネラ (suiyoubi no campanella)

52Yd8Vn.png

Two seconds into this song and you'll think you're listening to Micheal Jackson's "Thriller." Seriously. Producer Kenmochi Hidefumi wasn't exactly subtle in paying homage to the MJ classic. Yet I find it peculiar that I've not seen too many people commenting on this fact, and those that do, don't seem to be bothered by the blatant plagiarism either. Why? Well, it's simply well done, that's why. It's a sign of true artistry when you can take something so well-known and transform it into an entirely new entity, and suiyoubi have managed just that. In fact, "aladdin" is such an earworm that after a few listens, you'll completely forget that this song references anything other than suiyoubi's own, unique brand of Jpop.

Spoiler

"PANDORA" by EVO+

mhNNIlW.png

EVO+ is a female utaite, which is usually an area of music outside of my wheelhouse and something @beni knows more about, but what a serendipitous discovery this has been for me! Having teamed up with doujin music producer ATOLS, EVO+ just released her first EP titled PANDORA, and the title track for it is gorgeous. EVO has a deep, sultry croon and her vocal melodies have a vague, anison feel to them, but when the beat drops, you know this is something really special. The production is very hip, with a few trap elements, but it's also got a really organic and earthy feel to it - not unlike suiyoubi no campanella. The utaite scene may be based around cover songs, but if this song is what happens when they get original, then I need to hear more.

Spoiler

"env Reg." by 網守将平 (Shohei Amimori)

zcqYow9.png

I first heard Shohei Amimori back in 2014 on a compilation titled Forma. 4.14 put out by Japan's finest label for IDM - PROGRESSIVE FOrM. His track was easily one of the standouts, so I was definitely interested when I discovered he'd be releasing his first album early next month on the same label. But now that I've heard this track, my excitement IS OVER 9000!!! Seriously, I love this. "env Reg." is intelligently produced electronic music, yet it's also fun and groovy too (watch out, METAFIVE!)! Just to add icing to the cake, it features one of my favorite indie-pop artists on vocals - Babi. I have such high hopes for the album!

Spoiler

"Crystal Chrysalis" by world's end girlfriend

fmXvW4m.png

world's end girlfriend probably needs no introduction, as anyone into post-rock or IDM to any extent has likely come across his moniker by now. If you haven't, well, his music is an expansive amalgam of beautiful, cinematic soundscapes, twisted distortion, and gritty electronics. His latest album LAST WALTZ is expectedly massive, and I admit, choosing a standout is next to impossible. The epic, thirteen-minute "Flowers of Romance" would have been an easy choice, and the equally gargantuan "Radioactive Spell Wave" would have been just as apt, but there's something about "Crystal Chrysalis". It's got a certain atmospheric gravitas to it. The other songs are generally more overt and in-your-face, but the power of this track lies in its subtlety. It's deeply atmospheric, yet haunting all the same. Brilliant.

Spoiler

"Discal Smoke" by LASTorder

XCB73uB.png

PROGRESSIVE FOrM is hands-down one of my favorite labels. They've had a rather dismal output in recent times - and understandably so, as the many artists on the label have set the bar quite high - but they seem to be making a comeback, and I'm happy to feature yet another artist from the label in my picks this month! LASTorder has always been pretty good, but I dare say he's reached a stellar peak with this track. "Discal Smoke" has your standard IDM glitchy-ness and LASTorder's typically bold drums, brilliantly combined with analog instrumental bits, and very tastefully implemented vocal samples. This track was instant love from the very first second, and it just gets better as it progresses. Delicious!

Spoiler

"Waltz For Real World" by uyama hiroto

sio2N3f.png

Uyama Hiroto will probably be viewed as the spiritual successor to his peer and collaborator, the late Nujabes. However, with all due respect, I would say that Hiroto's new album freeform jazz has propelled him into a league of his own. The album, while technically not "free-jazz" certainly feels less bound than his previous works. It's a more musical effort overall, and the drumwork is especially more organic than previously, as opposed to the straightforward boom-bap approach that similar artists take. In fact, you can hardly categorize this as just "jazzy hip-hop" anymore. The entire album only features one rap feature (and thankfully so, because I can't stomach cheesy backpacker rap!).  freeform jazz is such an exquisite listen that I honestly can't choose just one track to recommend, so hopefully the heartfelt melodies of "Waltz For Real World" will persuade you guys to delve further!

Spoiler

Guest Recommendations

@Lestat's Picks

"天上天下唯我独唱 (Tenjou tenge yuiga dokushou)" by Gossip-ゴシップ-

xhUVD6e.png

Semi-nationalists Gossip-ゴシップ- conclude their dynamic year with their sixth and final release of 2016, now headlining the propaganda papers with this November's distribution of 天上天下唯我独唱 (Tenjou tenge yuiga dokushou). Ensuing their exceptional maxi-single 東京スキャンダル (Tokyo Scandal), compilation album 脳味噌回転愚流愚流地獄-黒歴史盤- (Nomiso kaiten guru guru jigoku - kuro rekishi ban -) and the following three consecutive monthly singles, the group continues to yell its 'Banzai!' at the rising sun. The title track delivers us with classic —if we can call it as such, with a mere two years under their belt— Gossip-ゴシップ- elements with which this band has its boot stiffly put between visual kei's door; the bellowing ring of sirens, footsoldiers marching toward warfare, and Saku's patriotic chants loudly supporting an emanating blitz. And what follows is an unforgettable, catchy offensive, ready to go down in history.

Spoiler

"Ash" by GOTCHAROCKA

7aeoQXP.png

Have you been searching for a fool-proof method to brighten up your day in only a short matter of time, or do you simply need a well-deserved break from the abundance of gloomy-sounding bands surfacing in the Japanese music scene? Look no further, as GOTCHAROCKA will surely and effortlessly lift your spirits with their ever-positive atmosphere while the month is growing colder. This time, they provide you with another warm and tight embrace in the form of "Ash", an optimistic and encouraging message conveyed to you in a presentation of melodic and sprightly riffaging, up-beat drums, and glossy, light singing. Be sure to make use of this song, as these three smiling guys will want you to remember this memo; "Keep playing until your grief is gone." 

Spoiler

@Ada Suilen's Picks

"Re:incarnation" by Insanity Injection

PK5S06j.png

This year brought up another great superband in the visual kei scene; their name is Insanity Injection and the members who compose it are known for bands like Aliene Ma'riageGlamscure and Das:Vasser, so the hype has been real since their first announcement. Then they released three singles, all of them solidified their style and the first mini album, where this epic track is featured in, confirmed their strong position in the scene; eleven minutes of greatness and technique, where each element, from the vocals (the coupling of Kyouka x Chaos has been simply awesome!), to the instruments, and the background effects assume a peculiar meaning with sudden stylistic changes inside the melody. The band shows that they cannot fail at whatever sound they make.

Spoiler

"深紅に揺らめく、儚き鶺鴒 (Shinku ni yurameku, hakanaki sekirei)" by Chariots

uUkGVxg.png

Another incredible comeback in the visual kei scene is Riku, with his solo project's respectful new line-up featuring people of VII-Sense and UnsraW fame made this year brighter for me. After releasing three solid singles they go strong with a mini-album, where the title-track is the most powerful and astonishing part of the release. This emotional ballad is reminiscent of Phantasmagoria's golden age where Riku unleashes his deep and suggestive voice in a powerful and fascinating rock sound. A sure synonym of their glorious return.

Spoiler

@Delkmiroph 's Picks

"猫夢 (Nekoyume)" by 有村竜太朗 (Ryutaro Arimura) 

zeEDiYX.png

Like everyone knows, Ryutaro started his own solo project after many years in Plastic Tree. With the promise of his first solo release of 1996-2011, 「デも/demo」 impressed me with some songs (I have not heard the mini album fully yet). But "Nekoyume" is very expressive to me and I would say that this is a personal style of Ryutaro's that reminds me of the last releases of Plastic Tree. "Nekoyume" is energetic and catchy at every chorus, and the AC. Version gives the song more life, but I love both versions equally!

Spoiler

"END TRIP" by Insanity Injection

PK5S06j.png

I definitely love this release from Insanity Injection. I followed them since their first release, but I did not hear their digital releases. I think I should get to them.  "END TRIP" is a very deep and solid song that makes me think that someone is still doing great work in the visual kei scene. Chaos' voice with Kyoka is a great combination which brings a melancholic mix into the whole mini-album. Of course it reminds me of some other bands which is also why I like it. I would love to go to a concert of theirs to watch all this dark insanity. It's great when the name of the band already expresses this to the listener.  

Spoiler

"愛のゆくえ (Aino Yukue)" by きのこ帝国 (Kinoko Teikoku) 

2nD76zy.png

I discovered this shoegaze/dream pop band this year (exactly two month ago). Kinoko Teikoku won me over when I heard their first album eureka, but I was more excited for this new album that they announced for this month. I had the expectation that they were becoming more dream-pop with each release. It's now normal for them in my opinion. "Aino Yukue" is an enjoyable song that's half shoegaze and more dream pop (I guess). It's a totally soft and sweet melody with strong beats as the title track of the album. I appreciate the album, and this song mostly.  I believe that this song is all cute and lovely.  :wub:
Spoiler

Thanks for checking out our recommendations this month! If you have any thoughts on our list or recommendations of your own, please feel free to comment below! If you're interested in being a guest contributor, contact either @CAT5 or @doombox!

See you all next month! ^_~

Really happy to join again this thread!

It is awesome to see Gotcharocka, Diaura, Lack.Co, [Alexandros], Razor, Kinono Teikoku and Ryutaro Arimura!

Megamasso's latest song is really incredible, makes me wanting their single like now!

@Zeus& @Delkmiroph -  I haven't listened to that new Ryu album, as i'm generally not a PT fan, but...I'm sure @beniis gonna force me to listen to it >.>

Also Delk, interesting to see you included Kinoko Teikoku. I think I'm just now realizing how much of a shoegaze fan you are. I prefer their older stuff, but that track is probably the best from the new album!

@emmny - starbucks tear time? :P You are so frikkin emo I love it  :lolita_love:

@fitear1590- that Negoto song reminds me of NIRGILIS. I still need to try the EP.

@doombox- bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. dat RAZOR song doe, wow. I definitely would have overlooked them if you didn't write about em. This is sounding great. Ppl seem to have compared them to lynch. and gazette? Well hell, sign me up! I don't think I've been as excited about new VK in a while. Bless you!

@beni- you and your 'shotacore' :P Yes, that hanatan track is sick!

@togz- I know ONE OK ROCK get a lot of flack, but I'll be damned if that song isn't jammin!!! That DIAURA song isn't bad either!

@CAT5 - fuck, your taste is sexy what the fuck!!! 

1 hour ago, CAT5 said:

@emmny - starbucks tear time? :P You are so frikkin emo I love it  :lolita_love:

wes im gonna kick ur ass so hard u fly back to the 2007s when you were a fuckign weeb emo listening to rentrer en soi and d'espairsray and being an overall pussy

ur lucky i wont be seeing u anytime soon ;) <3

2 hours ago, CAT5 said:

@Zeus& @Delkmiroph -  I haven't listened to that new Ryu album, as i'm generally not a PT fan, but...I'm sure @beniis gonna force me to listen to it >.>

Also Delk, interesting to see you included Kinoko Teikoku. I think I'm just now realizing how much of a shoegaze fan you are. I prefer their older stuff, but that track is probably the best from the new album!

@beniits our mission to force CAT5 to listen xD

I agree with u about the older stuff from them. 

Zeus i still curious about fuyuu song, finally i will listen this song. Great picks (:

Thanks for opportunity to contribute this month :thumbs:

Glad to see Chariots on here. Also in what way is Insanity Injection a super band? Two Chaos System members? lol Although I do agree that they're really killing it.

Edited by sume7

good picks @Zeus and @Delkmiroph for ryutaro's solo album. although it was quite obvious that fuyuu would be featured this month with all the hype going around, and of course it's also my favorite. but that's not to say that the rest of it is boring. if i had to choose a second favorite, it would have to be manegoto~

@Delkmiroph also, i've found a recent liking to kinoko teikoku too~ that track is quite lovely, i will need to check their new album!

@emmny love how you changed up your writing this time! and you wrote so well in relation with the meaning and feel of the song. beautiful~ hands down my favorite off their new single. the noisy breakdown is my favorite part. ^^

@CAT5 i'm still behind on weg, but the previews off the new album have been good so far. i should really get down to listening it.

i've been missing out a lot on vk this month and will be sure to go through some of these later~

i thought about contributing this month with The Birthday's new single, but forgot about it after having some pretty hectic last few weeks (and just being partly lazy), oh well. it's worth checking out if you're a chiba yusuke fan or like The Birthday in general, or if you like some good classic garage rock with coffee and cigarettes on the side. it's pretty much the same stuff they've been doing but this release has felt very solid. and i cannot not mention the way the bassline walks into the song and dances on it's own.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

I was thinking about The Birthday's track too, actually there were 15 songs that this month caught my attention, so I had to choose pretty well :D

Just listened to Suiyoubi no campanella's track, I think that I will explore more of her and to Cinema Staff, they always rock!

On 12/1/2016 at 2:46 PM, CAT5 said:

@doombox- bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. dat RAZOR song doe, wow. I definitely would have overlooked them if you didn't write about em. This is sounding great. Ppl seem to have compared them to lynch. and gazette? Well hell, sign me up! I don't think I've been as excited about new VK in a while. Bless you!

Glad you liked! I can hear the lynch/gaze comparisons, but a lot of the guys in this band are coming from that same down-tuned chuga-chug scene. But they also have a couple of guys in the band that can write in more styles so I'm hoping their album will have some range. 

I was digging your cinema staff recc (but really when don't I) so I need to catch up on their latest release!

羽花/『そう僕は鳥になる』/カルマ/月下美人/「変態」

fantastic I didn't see one of my favor in the list :)

and haven't get MOON LIGHT DOWN and another disc<-and I never listen preview and don't know how they were

Sign in to follow this