Sign in to follow this  
doombox

New MUCC album 脈拍 (Myakuhaku) release

A few of the songs sound okish compared to the bland tripe they have been pumping out but they lost the depth of old mucc a long time ago which is a shame as I still listen to  Kuchiki no tou, homura and zekuu.

Its strange they abandoned their own unique sound and vocals but I guess they are more popular now?

I listened to the whole album like 3 times now, and I can barely remember any song from it. They are long, dull, and the album itself does not really have a concept? It feels like a compilation or smth. 

Edited by pawzord

So far I'm enjoying ~6 songs out of 14 on this one, which is somewhat of an improvement considering I only liked 2 on the previous one...

On 2017. 1. 24. at 7:39 AM, Hakoniwa said:

I'd say you can. You can go wrong with MUCC. :(

But everytime that happens and I tell myself "this is it, i'm giving up", they take me by the hand and pull me back to them. So after those previews, I feel like they're holding my hand already ç_ç

There's no way I wouldn't get excited over a MUCC album, but those previews help a lot. They sound good!! :D

That BILLY song surprisingly sounds too much like this Tsukiko Amano song!! (actually a rearranged version of a b-side)

Also EMP..........it sounds so much like old MUCC! AAAAHhhsadpijgosuebggn ok i'm exciteddd

this is very confusing.

but anyways, 

i know this isnt review page but ive got to say, 

i really, REALLY LOVE THIS ALBUM . 

this is very VERY weird odd quirky album mix of old and new, west and east style .

like always, diversity of mucc is something that always keeps me beating !

Edited by platanity

Im only 2 songs in and I like this better than their last three albums combined.

Edit:

Wow this is really fantastic. Making sure to add this to my best of list for the end of the year.

Edited by Hakari

EMP is one of their best songs in many many years.

I had tears of joy in my eyes.

This is "the MUCC" i want to hear.

The whole album was simply great. "EMP" was good it was definitely the heaviest song on the album, well at least among the new songs. But over all I still think that 'THE END OF THE WORLD" is the better album. But this album is certainly great too. I think since they decided to use b-sides anyway, that they should've used 'CONQUEST' over "KILLEЯ".

Edited by sume7

The end of the World is my least favorite MUCC album tbh..

Yeah, Conquest would have been a better choice than Killer.

12 hours ago, platanity said:

this is very confusing.

but anyways, 

i know this isnt review page but ive got to say, 

i really, REALLY LOVE THIS ALBUM . 

this is very VERY weird odd quirky album mix of old and new, west and east style .

like always, diversity of mucc is something that always keeps me beating !

What's confusing about it...?

I didn't get the chance to listen to it yet but I'm definitely listening to this tomorrow.

But say, it's on Spotify US? Weirdly enough, it's not on Spotify Japan... There's nothing by MUCC there. :<

Need to give it a few more listens, I have enjoyed it so far.

I can't say I liked Classic and Killer when they came out, but I began to like them this time due to mysterious reasons.

Chorus of Myakuhaku is beautiful, EMP is good.

I thought I heard that paragraph of lyric in Billy very wrong on my first listen, but it turned out to be just that, lol.

I've liked almost every album. I like the last two as well, even if they are a bit same-y to one another. The last mini or singles didn't grab me but I look forward to this. I will be able to try it out  this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll like this one as much.

There's a strong Coaltar of the Deepers vibe on some of these tracks. Other than that it's the same ol' MUCC we've been getting since Karma, just with a bit more "heavy" thrown in. 

Edited by Saishu

They start the album with a bang! 

And end it with a high point with Fuka and Heide.

Definitely better album than the last two.

Edited by Spectralion

Sign in to follow this