Sign in to follow this  
Yukami

THE BLACK SWAN new single "RAGE" release

1 hour ago, 『 A F E R N I 』 said:

Jin said something on his facebook about there being an 8 String Guitar in one of the songs on the upcoming single.

That's gonna sound nice.

【儿出演】
12.13(火)高田馬場AREA

平成維新 拓presents
「平成revolution party 2016-東京編-」

PERESTROIKA
ギガマウス
N@H-ノア-
More
貘-baku-
スペシャルセッション

タイムテーブルが変更になりました。

CzdMM1tUoAAval7.jpg

20 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Why would anyone in the band use an 8 string guitar when they can barely make sense of 6 strings?

god, does this mean Jin is going to attempt writing djent songs? Do we call him Djin now?

keep your fingers crossed ladies and gentlemen...

17 hours ago, Saishu said:

Why would anyone in the band use an 8 string guitar when they can barely make sense of 6 strings?

god, does this mean Jin is going to attempt writing djent songs? Do we call him Djin now?

An extra string doesn't automatically equal djent. It's just a fad that bands are using now to equal "MOAR STRINGS MEENZ MORE BROOTAL" ...

2 hours ago, patientZERO said:

An extra string doesn't automatically equal djent. It's just a fad that bands are using now to equal "MOAR STRINGS MEENZ MORE BROOTAL" ...

an extra 2 strings just might

I don't understand the point of using extended range guitars when you write the majority of your riffs on the top two strings...

Edited by Saishu

Its mostly just for show and nothing more on top of that. A lot of what they do can easily be considered metalcore and done with a 6 string. 7 string's are nice because it offers more range and they allegedly sound better/heavier so that gets a pass. Anything more than that, i see as a ploy for attention. 

I can be wrong and maybe they can pull something even more great with this single with the use of an 8 string. But I am not counting on it. 

Stephan Carpenter from Deftones uses an 8 string, and I think it's justified because he isn't just strictly chugging his way thru everything. And there's Tosin Abasi who's borderline alien and utilizes the entire fretboard on his 8 string. Outside of that I'm hard pressed to think of other bands that need a use for it. Hell, how do these Japanese dudes with tiny hands expect to wrap their dwarves mitts around a larger neck? Kaoru and Die can barely hold a 7 string. 

something tells me these guys are confident enough to try it (they've been listening to periphery, messhuggah and tesseract for a year or so, saw leda in concert once and suddenly think they can do it) bc its a significant investment to change their rig around to support 2 8-strings and a new bass (idk whether they'll go 6 string or stick with 5 and just re-configure it for whatever tuning). money's on itsuki and jin's diru stanning ass somehow pushing the band into thinking its gonna be a good idea.

that said, even the diru guys from their vk background struggle on their 7 strings and itsuki+makoto are for all intents and purposes more vk players than they are actual metal....so unless they pull a magic act its going to suck guaranteed. leda was incredibly talented well before he donned an 8-string and even then he didn't debut new music on the thing for a few years or so after undivide/babymetal 6-string days (if im not mistaken)

i have no clue how anyone thinks this will end well...no one in the band can pull a prog metal sound like this off because they're simply not that kind of a musician. these are vk guys for gods sake, even if the guitar work ends up passable there's no way their rhythm section can keep up. the best result we can hope for is something that'll sound like dss with an extra string.

Edited by emmny

Y'all need to take this elsewhere i keep checking this thread for news about the new single not y people should or shouldnt have 8 strings

Side Note: 8 strings just means more options, you dont have to use all the strings 

Sign in to follow this