cvltic

lynch.'s Akinori arrested, departs band (12/20)

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

Shit, we all know these guys are like family to each other. It's what I admire the most about them, in fact.

I'm sure it must have been a tough decision for them, and being a depressing time for them, this hiatus must happen.

yeah this plus what @Ro plzsaid are on the money... while i understand being cynical and saying they weren't being sincere about considering returning to indies, that doesn't really mesh with the lynch. i've seen and (think) i know. especially their history/stance with any type of management other than self-management

it's early to be talking about replacements but i wonder who they will be picking up as support, and if they'll consider adding any more official members.

Hazuki is extremely weird about bass players, the reason they picked Akinori over their previous support bassist Junji was because Junji and the band didn't believe Junji's skills were up to par. Hazuki said repeatedly he would rather have no bassist than one who can't play significantly better than he can.

the other thing was Akinori's personality (specifically the Hazuki as tsukkomi/AK as boke routine that came up in comment videos and their nico nama show) was a pretty big factor in attracting new fans and keeping existing fans engaged. as for the rest of the band... Yusuke is a hipster mute, Asanao is interesting but quiet, and Reo is their Catholic dad who doesn't use social media. 4 piece lynch. was still good but had very little member/fan interaction, with Hazuki doing all the heavy lifting when it came to selling personality. the only time they really shone was when they were making fun of Junji, or AK after him... it's going to be a harsh adjustment.

2016, people bitching and moaning about being charged and shit for weed.
Here I am, personally wondering why if it isn't a "big deal" to you guys then why do you do it when it's 100% clearly illegal?

Like, jesus fucking christ, guys. I don't care if it's literally the shits of God, you don't fuck like that with your government. You've got the means to challenge laws, go do so, but don't do it by being a dumb fuck cunt rebellious teenager and then bitch about it later when it finally bites you in your arse.

11 minutes ago, NICKT said:

2016, people bitching and moaning about being charged and shit for weed.
Here I am, personally wondering why if it isn't a "big deal" to you guys then why do you do it when it's 100% clearly illegal?

Like, jesus fucking christ, guys. I don't care if it's literally the shits of God, you don't fuck like that with your government. You've got the means to challenge laws, go do so, but don't do it by being a dumb fuck cunt rebellious teenager and then bitch about it later when it finally bites you in your arse.

I can't even be mad at this because at the end of the day, despite how harsh your words are....you are right.

17 minutes ago, cvltic said:

the other thing was Akinori's personality (specifically the Hazuki as tsukkomi/AK as boke routine that came up in comment videos and their nico nama show) was a pretty big factor in attracting new fans and keeping existing fans engaged. as for the rest of the band... Yusuke is a hipster mute, Asanao is interesting but quiet, and Reo is their Catholic dad who doesn't use social media. 4 piece lynch. was still good but had very little member/fan interaction, with Hazuki doing all the heavy lifting when it came to selling personality. the only time they really shone was when they were making fun of Junji, or AK after him... it's going to be a harsh adjustment.

I didn't even know this was discussed. This is some pretty solid info and it makes sense.  The band seemed a lot more fun to watch live with AK, which is why i've been so consistent with peeping whatever live stuff they drop. 

what if ryo joins them? At least he knows how to play violin significantly better than hazuki...

he should be able to play 5-string bass, right?

vlcsnap-00022_zpsyycot7r2.png

Edited by helcchi

3 hours ago, helcchi said:

what if ryo joins them? At least he knows how to play violin significantly better than hazuki...

he should be able to play 5-string bass, right?

Very VERY cool idea but unlikely. Seeing as though Girugamesh just broke up and dude seems really keen on his solo stuff, i can never see this scenario (outside of my head) coming to life. 

5 hours ago, helcchi said:

At least he knows how to play violin significantly better than hazuki...

smh little do u know that was the true AVANTGARDE

makes me wonder how Nii does at bass, he's been lynch.'s #1 fan for ages and they could continue the legacy of bullying their bass player mercilessly

yusuke's looks are so f*cking beautiful wow

8 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Is Iori from Cocklobin doing anything?

being an adult with a real job

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

He's a sick bassist tho

he is! he and yuki are good people to fill his place if this was lynch. in like, 2006/7

now they need an AGGRESSSIVE HEAAAVVVVYY bassist so idk

2 hours ago, Jeen said:

Or just change the link of the countdown background image 2 days forward :P

I read that and went to their site to do it too

It's really true lol