cvltic

lynch.'s Akinori arrested, departs band (12/20)

1 minute ago, XàYamiJamp said:

that basically is what we always do in eu and nothing bad happen ( unless u do disorders ) ( maybe not public urination on weed.... maybe on alcohol :V ) but " hey that's japan " so i guess he have to know where the " limit is " . rip akinori's musical carrer? 

We have to wait until charges are fully announced. This is a perfect reason why you smoke first and don't carry.

But I still think something serious big happened.

Who knows they should be on this break because the police told them so. Because the police need to invest lot's in the whole band matter.

Even tho it's a Major band.

If a member got badly sick or passes away, many bands also continues, without canceling everything. And that's as shit as someone got arrested.

But as said before, I do get why the gigs got canceled.

I also get the Japanese break culture thing

However it sounds just so... if there is something truly big scandal behind it.

Yes, of course it is big deal, that's why they're doing what they're doing.  Arrests like this nearly sunk L'arc en Ciel,  Psycho le Cemu disbanded.

Police isn't forcing them to do anything, if anyone would, it would be their management. 

1 minute ago, aetarna said:

Police isn't forcing them to do anything, if anyone would, it would be their management. 

Police and management.

If the police is still checking things out, I doubt that they appreciate if you continue with your shizzel.

Anyway, let's hope that they will share the truth someday.

And those who can read, hopefully they can give us Japanese Tanuki gosships or any real news from newspapers or such thing :D

13 hours ago, platanity said:

they can have their time,

shit, they needed their time so they dont copy-paste another new album anymore.

i think this will be a good moment to re-assess themselves and comeback with a new image.

I suppose you're right  :P

14 hours ago, platanity said:

i think this will be a good moment to re-assess themselves and comeback with a new image.

*cue the whole band suddenly sporting dreads, oversized sunglasses and leather trenchcoats with pot leaves emblazoned on them*

My memory is hazy as best, but when Wataru from 12012 was arrested for assault in 2007 shortly after his band went major, his charges were quickly dropped. I don’t remember if it had any lasting effects on 12012, but my question is how would the severity of that incident compare to charges of an anti social act in Japan?

All I remember was that his arrest sparked a wave of memes wherein any band who had a photoshoot behind bars was “Cosplaying Wataru”:

girugamesh05_zpsb708ricu.png

Wataru's original charge was assault and the fact that he settled out of court seemed to help him, they didn't really see a decline that was caused by his case imo. (hilariously for me 12012 was the band I stanned before lynch. so this whole arrest thing is getting old now...) as for how much an anti-social/societal act impacts things, it really depends on the nature of the act -- if we presume Sankei Sports' source is legit and then further presume it was just possession it's kinda hard to say,  while celebs in Japan are getting nailed for kakuseizai/meth all the time and many of them do resume activities, we have only a small sample size in VK: Daishi (unknown sentence for kakuseizai), Imai Hisashi (6 month sentence for LSD), sakura (2 year sentence for kakuseizai)...  I can't think of anymore. + their cases are pretty varied, clearly.

anyway tanuki has devolved into"he stole a fishing boat (because he loves fishing) (LEL GOTTEM BOIS)" and "he LYNCHED SOMEBODY GET IT??????" and there was a weird Elvis-sighting type of rumor so i doubt anything solid is going to come out of them anytime soon

On 25/11/2016 at 6:14 PM, cvltic said:

the thing about getting arrested in Japan is they can and will detain you for 23+ days if they want to, and there's almost no bail (even if AK was granted bail it's on average about 1.5 million yen and there's no way they can afford that). they can't very well get a bassist last minute even if they wanted to play without him. and if they did get a bassist, people would judge the shit out of them for showing up in public like it was no big deal -- when they come back it needs to be with a lot of grovelling because Japan. basically they have to wait for him to go to court or be released before they can do anything anyway.

So pretty much what L'Arc did when Sakura got arrested.

Yes, in the end it was a weed possession charge and they decided to let him go.
They considered going back to being indies to keep him, but after talking with Akinori they felt like they would be hurting the staff of King/Bellwood.
Hazuki wrote that he was very sorry he couldn't keep his promise not to keep them all together but they'll keep going on.

They did cancel their remaining shows as a continuation of their self-restraint period (ala HNIB) but they will give details later about when they'll be back

i'm really happy that lynch. isn't over but so sad about Akinori. why did you do this to yourself ;_;
edit: someone reminded me that fucking Sugizo recommended AK to Toshi for his solo backing band, this guy threw away so much ):

Edited by cvltic

Hazuki just tweeted about it a few hours ago... saying basically what you guys just said anyway. Some news site have covered it already too.

But if you're interested, here goes:

In the end, he says the members and staff are gonna look at the future and keep chasing the dream they built along with the fans.

So sorry for him, and for one of my favorite bands still active...

but especially sorry for Japan, I love you but my visit can just... wait as usual lol I wouldn't last 6 months!

This blows but i do find it commendable how much solidarity was shown here, from pausing activities to even considering going indies again so Akinori could stay. It really goes to show how what we think and have experience with something as harmless as weed can be such a major offense somewhere else. Gonna be awhile before I can get used 2 Lynch without Akinori. But it is what it is at the end of the day. 

EDIT: Here's tweets from AK

Edited by Ro plz

2 hours ago, Furik said:

This is upsetting especially due to it being over weed. The band was about to risk it all going indies over it. What the hell. 

lbr they're just bullshitting to create some ~sense of humility~ following a drug related arrest.

Edited by nekkichi

the question is how much weed and if it was loud or regs

I'm actually salty Akinori has to leave but I hope all parties bounce back from this. I don't want to think he's thrown everything away over a little bit of weed. Maybe attitudes haven't changed in Japan as fast as they have in America but if they've even softened a little maybe there's a spot for him in SUGIZO's band anyway. And if not, there are plenty of bands who would love to have a talented bassist. He'll figure something out.

I'll toke one 4 u bro.

Goddamn it. Why the fuck would he do that?

I don't even know what to fucking say, honestly.

We all knew this was gonna happen.

It's impressive that the band made a rational decision quickly, because shying away from their fan-base for this long was only making the rumors worse and worse.

Shit, we all know these guys are like family to each other. It's what I admire the most about them, in fact.

I'm sure it must have been a tough decision for them, and being a depressing time for them, this hiatus must happen.

*sigh*

The rules in a society like Japan are what make it so great and appealing to strangers, yet intimidating to those who live in it and see it for what it really is.

I'm hoping they don't call it quits, as I never believe a statement until after the dilemma has passed. I know we've seen what happens to a close-knit group like them, and if they just aren't feeling it, I'm sure we'll hear from them again very soon.

Fucking A dude.