cvltic

lynch.'s Akinori arrested, departs band (12/20)

"hiatus" (like an "activity pause") isn't exactly correct, this is the same "self-restraint" thing that's just them not appearing in public for a while. i know you're probably like "bitch what's the difference" but they're different i swear lmao

2 minutes ago, cvltic said:

"hiatus" (like an "activity pause") isn't exactly correct, this is the same "self-restraint" thing that's just them not appearing in public for a while. i know you're probably like "bitch what's the difference" but they're different i swear lmao

seems something serious did happen.

5 minutes ago, DarkWater said:

seems something serious did happen.

i think they would have to do it just because a member got arrested, and is presumably still detained, regardless of whether he actually goes to trial or not or is found guilty or not

the thing about getting arrested in Japan is they can and will detain you for 23+ days if they want to, and there's almost no bail (even if AK was granted bail it's on average about 1.5 million yen and there's no way they can afford that). they can't very well get a bassist last minute even if they wanted to play without him. and if they did get a bassist, people would judge the shit out of them for showing up in public like it was no big deal -- when they come back it needs to be with a lot of grovelling because Japan. basically they have to wait for him to go to court or be released before they can do anything anyway.

23 minutes ago, cvltic said:

oh thank gawd

but still damn........................

5 hours ago, SEKHMET said:

This is ridiculous, just cut him out or something D:

Oh well D:

akn has been their support bassist for some time,

and as soon as they announced he'll be permanent member during "mirrors",

i was screaming in joy! i loved him, he suits lynch perfectly.

they can have their time,

shit, they needed their time so they dont copy-paste another new album anymore.

i think this will be a good moment to re-assess themselves and comeback with a new image.

just dont, never cut him loose.

free akinori!

How's is doing drugs antisocial behavior ?

People become good friends by doing drugs together.

And this hiatus is bullshit. Just keep playing without him and play the basslines on the speakers or something like that, while looking for a replacement.

Same shit. No big deal.

2 hours ago, cvltic said:

i think they would have to do it just because a member got arrested, and is presumably still detained, regardless of whether he actually goes to trial or not or is found guilty or not

the thing about getting arrested in Japan is they can and will detain you for 23+ days if they want to, and there's almost no bail (even if AK was granted bail it's on average about 1.5 million yen and there's no way they can afford that). they can't very well get a bassist last minute even if they wanted to play without him. and if they did get a bassist, people would judge the shit out of them for showing up in public like it was no big deal -- when they come back it needs to be with a lot of grovelling because Japan. basically they have to wait for him to go to court or be released before they can do anything anyway.

good bands can play without a member. they will play no matter what.

this break is bullshit, they can get a new bassplayer for support easy.

so i think more stuff happened. 

which make everybody busy around the case. 

hope someone can read tanuki or whatever news to find out the real truth.

12 minutes ago, DarkWater said:

i don't think you understand how pissed their fans would be for just ignoring it. especially since the canceled shows were mostly their fanclub only shows. i would find it very inappropriate and fucking depressing to run the anniversary show without everyone there....
it was way too short notice to get anyone for COMMUNE, CDJ is a huge mainstream event that wants nothing to do with a band who's been on every dumb 2ch tabloid site in the last 24h under headlines like "tattooed bandman gets arrested! drugs? yakuza? sexual assault? hazuki's ex. gf is [prolific gravure model turned prostitute]!" with a bunch of people posting over and over about how he should have been arrested just for being tattooed in the first place.
also i know this hard to believe but they may actually like Akinori and be more concerned about trying to help him with his problems. weird but true

48 minutes ago, DarkWater said:

so i think more stuff happened. 

which make everybody busy around the case. 

hope someone can read tanuki or whatever news to find out the real truth.

@platanityand @cvlticexplained perfectly well why they can't play without Akinori.  Understandably, it seems as if many forget that Lynch. is NO LONGER an indies band and Akinori is an OFFICIAL member, NOT a support bassist like before in their earlier years.  Akinori is visible in a lot of their recent PV's, is in promo pics with the band, and ON top of that during the MC's on their last two major lives, he's actually talked to the crowd alongside Hazuki and co. In the public eye, both fans in Japan and overseas see him in the same light as the other members. These are solid reasons alongside the others (that we do and don't know of) behind the band going on hiatus. Its not an issue of "hey they can just do XYZ" in the meantime. 

Guys it is NOT that simple. 

Edited by Ro plz

You guys who say they can just replace him and go on don't really understand how the Japanese society works. It's "you ride together, you die together". 
When Meto from Mejibray fell out of that window, it was the other three members crawling on their knees, begging for forgiveness and understanding from both the management and the fans and that was just an 'accident' ( yet self-inflicted, because drunk. So -> shame! )
Think of that one girl (I think from AKB or so?) who got caught sneaking away from a guy's home and shaved off her hair in public and nothing about that is illegal. 

If lynch. just continued, everyone would consider them highly inappropriate and rude. You have to publicly show remorse and step back. Has nothing to do with being dumb or not finding a bassist that quickly. It's the shaming-inappropriate-behavior mentality of the Japanese.

Yepp, us Westerns can't understand. We have fans who get angry if Justin Bieber does NOT perform after being caught with a blunt and I think there were some metal bands where members were convicted with serious crimes like murder and still toured until the last minute.

It's really just two different worlds colliding and @cvltic explained it perfectly. In terms of 'public decency' Japan shows no mercy and this is where their audience is located at.

I personally have tickets for their lives in March so ... I hope they'll be back on track until then... 

ah, just fanclub event and an event for only neat people.  well yes logic to cancel them.

bit still to go on a break....

they also could say sorry different.

there are still japanese bands who would continue. also major bands.

bit I guess it really depends on the band.

Of course it depends on the band. On their status, professionalism, signed contracts, inteligence of the band members etc. Lynch. is not just a random indie lame band that like 20 people know about them, they can't behave like nothing happened. They have too much to lose and I'm not talking only about money, causing problems to others and losing face is much worse for Japanese. 

Edited by Duma

So at least? what akinori did? Just was high or what? i do not understand. Someone up there posted he was exchaning drugs.. is he a drugs dealer? Or he just was high and be asshole with cops? pls answer me xD

btw Vk2016drama is :panic:

1 minute ago, XàYamiJamp said:

So at least? what akinori did? Just was high or what? i do not understand. Someone up there posted he was exchaning drugs.. is he a drugs dealer? Or he just was high and be asshole with cops? pls answer me xD

btw Vk2016drama is :panic:

No one knows for sure. Allow me to give you my interpretation.

I don't think he was a drug dealer. If he were dealing drugs, lynch. would have dropped him almost immediately and went on hiatus. Every single visual kei band I've ever witnessed deal with a member possessing a notable amount of drugs resolved it by kicking that member out almost immediately. lynch. did not respond this way, and so far all sources point to drugs, so I think he got caught with a bit of weed while doing something stupid like public urination (due to drunkenness?). This is all conjecture though.

Just now, Zeus said:

No one knows for sure. Allow me to give you my interpretation.

I don't think he was a drug dealer. If he were dealing drugs, lynch. would have dropped him almost immediately and went on hiatus. Every single visual kei band I've ever witnessed deal with a member possessing a notable amount of drugs resolved it by kicking that member out almost immediately. lynch. did not respond this way, and so far all sources point to drugs, so I think he got caught with a bit of weed while doing something stupid like public urination (due to drunkenness?). This is all conjecture though.

that basically is what we always do in eu and nothing bad happen ( unless u do disorders ) ( maybe not public urination on weed.... maybe on alcohol :V ) but " hey that's japan " so i guess he have to know where the " limit is " . rip akinori's musical carrer? 

I think the translation is a bit confusing for people who don't understand the original message

They used the term "hanshakaiteki na koui" (反社会的な行為). I would personally say "conduct that goes against society" or "anti society" instead of anti social. Anti social is easily confused with being an anti-social person.