Sign in to follow this  
diryangrey

...............hi

hi, i'm ryan... i've been lurking here since forever, created an account a few months ago, and lately something's been telling me i should try to talk here more.
i'm not terribly good with forums though - something about the way anything i'd say gets kept on the site forever seems to trip me out a bit.
and i'm not sure how much of value i'd have to comment - so, i'll try to make myself useful and get to posting some (probably wildly inaccurate) translations~

as far as me....... got into vkei with ナイトメア about when their s/t came out, haven't found a band that resonates more with me since.
p sure i can find something to like in just about any style/scene, but i really think vkei hit its golden age between 1997-2007. at least to me.
as of typing this i'm also stanning diru, mucc, the gallo, and meji pretty hard. and since 2014 i've been living in varying degrees of Worried About Royz.

IRL i work at a sushi/udon place, it's p great, and i'm trying to get the hang of this whole 'understanding and speaking japanese' thing. it's hard tho.
Oh, and i'm trying to get a band together. also hard.
and that's basically it for me because i have no life outside visual kei.

Nice to meet all of you though - even if i haven't said much anything before i owe y'all a lot for recommending a lot of my fav bands.
special shoutout to all the staff/mods, rarezhut guys, and everyone who translates band shit bc it'd be so much harder to get into this dumb scene without people like you putting in all the work.

Oh and @ everyone feel free to hmu on twitter, username's same there as here

Hey hey Welcome to our heaven :)

To me the golden age was until 2011.

Any questions about plastic tree the kurage boy is here to help or share some stuff to  you, ah every sunday we have plug session. Will be nice to see you there to share your playlists (https://plug.dj/monochrome-heaven)

Enjoy!

thank you~!

I've been meaning to get into that band for a while now actually........the promise of shoegazey vkei is just too interesting for me to ignore

Welcome! I came here basically because this topic's title was very interesting. lol

I gotta agree about the golden age thing, though I don't quite remember when it ended for me. I'm actually not much into VK nowadays, but I still like a few things here and there and keep my mind (and my ears) open to new stuff, VK or not! It's  worked pretty well so far.  :D

And yeah, I agree with @Delkmiroph, come to our plug sessions if you can~! It's great to find new music and get closer to members in general. I also recently returned to this forums after a loooooo....oooong time gone and I'm still getting used to it again, so I know the struggle. I hope you can get used to it and become active eventually! It's a nice community we got here. :)

Nice to meet y'all!

y'know on some level i know i'm not gonna be into vkei for my whole life, so i just hope whenever i do find stuff i like better i can still look back on this dumbass genre fondly like that.

If you don't mind me asking - what bands (in general) are you into now and which vk bands stood the test of time for you?

Hey there, welcome! It's lovely to meet and have you now.

I felt the same way when I joined, but never fear, you're here to join in on the fun. And no need to overthink any commenting, just contribute whenever you'd like. No pressure, just enjoy!

And bless you for the shoutout! Remember that our messages (members with blue/red names as you probably already know) are always open in case you need any assistance. 

Will see you around! Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Sign in to follow this