Sign in to follow this  
Takadanobabaalien

グリーヴァ (Grieva) new single 存在証明 (sonzai shoumei)

"3. Happy birthday NEW mother fuxxer."

lol, how edgy. Hopefully Kyouki doesn't emulate Kyo's "FOOCHA" spelling *cough* 

Also is it just me thinking they are pumping out releases too fast? Their last single wasn't that good, even though Liar at some point started to grow on me a bit. 

4 minutes ago, Ikna said:

"3. Happy birthday NEW mother fuxxer."

lol, how edgy. Hopefully Kyouki doesn't emulate Kyo's "FOOCHA" spelling *cough* 

Also is it just me thinking they are pumping out releases too fast? Their last single wasn't that good, even though Liar at some point started to grow on me a bit. 

It's not that fast.

Liar has been released at 2016/09. This single will come 5 months after.

This year we got one album and one single (and 2 DVDs). 

18 minutes ago, IGM_Oficial said:

A single with four songs?

For most of their career they've been releasing 4-song maxi singles, so it's not that much of a shock imo.

That said, I can't say I'm too excited for this, seeing their output over the past year. :-( 

3 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Grieva will release their new single 2017/02/22

3. Happy birthday NEW mother fuxxer.

Makes me think of D.I.D <//3

Liar wasnt bad imo, looking forward to previews :)

well,that's the first release i started to expect for 2017,i hope that i can include more in the list before the end of 2016.

liar,was ok,a typical grieva song,also the other 3 songs in the single are good but kinda...."forgettable"

i don't mind if kyouki keep up emulating kyo's old style.a "past in the present" is good.just like gossip is an old the gazette (with their own touch)  in the present,bands like this are refreshing

i will say more after seeing the single cover and pv preview...

Edited by Kang MarLon

2 hours ago, Kang MarLon said:

well,that's the first release i started to expect for 2017,i hope that i can include more in the list before the end of 2016.

liar,was ok,a typical grieva song,also the other 3 songs in the single are good but kinda...."forgettable"

i don't mind if kyouki keep up emulating kyo's old style.a "past in the present" is good.just like gossip is an old the gazette (with their own touch)  in the present,bands like this are refreshing

i will say more after seeing the single cover and pv preview...

Grieva does have some pretty creative songs here and there. 

Also, on the topic of Ains bands copying others (Well, except Diaura), I never knew why people assume Gossip was a Gazette copy. Like, the GazettE isn't a Neo Old-School AnguraKei band xD. Also, long time no see, old friend~ :)

Onto le main topic, I was ehhh on Grieva's new single. They're normally a guilty pleasure (in more ways than one xD) for me, as a Dir En Grey fan, but Kyouki's voice and occasional creativity is the pleasure for me xD. But because they're normally a guilty pleasure, I don't listen to them as often as I should. I've been just getting back into modern Vkei bands after binging on Kiryu's old stuff, and Memento Mori/Kuroyuri's old stuff xD. 

I hope their new single though really makes up for what they've been putting out recently. 

15 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

Grieva does have some pretty creative songs here and there. 

Also, on the topic of Ains bands copying others (Well, except Diaura), I never knew why people assume Gossip was a Gazette copy. Like, the GazettE isn't a Neo Old-School AnguraKei band xD. Also, long time no see, old friend~ :)

Onto le main topic, I was ehhh on Grieva's new single. They're normally a guilty pleasure (in more ways than one xD) for me, as a Dir En Grey fan, but Kyouki's voice and occasional creativity is the pleasure for me xD. But because they're normally a guilty pleasure, I don't listen to them as often as I should. I've been just getting back into modern Vkei bands after binging on Kiryu's old stuff, and Memento Mori/Kuroyuri's old stuff xD. 

I hope their new single though really makes up for what they've been putting out recently. 

hello again ^_^/

i took a huge time to get used to kyouki's voice,and now his voice to me is one of the greatest in the visual kei.i think from the album shuuei on,them found their way to make music,i can enjoy 85% of their music since that album. gossip is original but if you are a the gazette fan you can easily realize the great influence in the atmosphere of their songs,i think the gazette is their source of inspiration

54 minutes ago, Kang MarLon said:

hello again ^_^/

i took a huge time to get used to kyouki's voice,and now his voice to me is one of the greatest in the visual kei.i think from the album shuuei on,them found their way to make music,i can enjoy 85% of their music since that album. gossip is original but if you are a the gazette fan you can easily realize the great influence in the atmosphere of their songs,i think the gazette is their source of inspiration

While I do hear a lot of Gazette Influence in the vocals, most of the sound influences come from their old band JyuLie, which was like a cross between Byakura (Which they actually were featured on an Omnibus with), R-Shitei, and The GazettE. In GossiP, the Byakura influence is a bit less since they don't use traditional instruments anymore, but they still embrace R-Shitei's Meiji and Taisho period A E S T H E T I C S. There are also some smaller Eroguro influences, like Inugami Circus Dan and Guruguru Eigakan, but those are mostly aesthetic. 

SNATCH'D KISAKI'S CROWN

For real tho, this look is like 4 different bands' leftovers in one lmao. Hisame looks like AvelCain, 3 members look like they borrowed whatever Diaura wore in their Lost November video, and thematically that poster seems like they were a year late to figure out that 2016 was supposed to be the year of realizing things.

Their releases after Fake haven't been much of my interest. Their music is sounding a bit formulaic and uninspired.

Some of their songs begin so awesome and then it all falls into a pit of poppish choruses >.<

Good talent is found in Grieva, but they are managing their work poorly or someone eles above them is causing this...

Edited by seikun

Did anyone else notice that the discog page on their OHP still says "9th SINGLE「存在証明」(2TYPE)"? But in the end they only announced one type? I wonder if initially they were thinking to film a PV and do 2 types like with Liar..., but someone above them changed their mind. Or, maybe it was just a typo to begin with.

4 hours ago, ryuhime said:

Did anyone else notice that the discog page on their OHP still says "9th SINGLE「存在証明」(2TYPE)"? But in the end they only announced one type? I wonder if initially they were thinking to film a PV and do 2 types like with Liar..., but someone above them changed their mind. Or, maybe it was just a typo to begin with.

I think they just copy and paste from Liar.

AMWK-28 -> Liar limit

AMWK-29 -> Liar. regular

AMWK-30, AMWK-31 -> 天上天下唯我独唱

AMWK-32 -> 存在証明

if this single has 2 type, 32 should be limit and 33 should be regular in usual

Sign in to follow this