Himeaimichu

Which Visual Kei band is your guilty pleasure?

Guilty pleasures, we all have them. We all at least have one guilty pleasure Vkei band. Personally, mine is Grieva, because I'm a Dir En Grey fan, and I know a lot of Grieva songs are copies of Dir En Grey songs, but some I just can't help but like even better than the original Diru version. Like, the song Wish, I like it better than I'll simply because when I'll was made, Kyo was at the stage where he sang through his throat, which just didn't sound right. 

So, which band is your guilty pleasure? I won't judge. 

(Also, may I request, please don't flame someone or say mean things to them because of their guilty pleasure band. Let's keep things peaceful!)

I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure or more of just a band I don't think people would expect me to like because I tend to like darker/heavier bands. But I think Smileberry are just adorable and fun. I don't really have guilty pleasures because I'm not embarrassed of anything I like? lol But they are probably the closest thing I guess you could say.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, doombox said:

I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure or more of just a band I don't think people would expect me to like because I tend to like darker/heavier bands. But I think Smileberry are just adorable and fun. I don't really have guilty pleasures because I'm not embarrassed of anything I like? lol But they are probably the closest thing I guess you could say.

Hide contents

Same. I've always preferred heavier stuff. Though I must say, for an OsareKei band, Smileberry is quite good. 

Just now, Sickle said:

I'm not into J-Pop but I listen to this girl once in awhile, and yes I'm very embarrassed about that haha

I love BoA but she's not a vk band? X"D

OMG I just omitted the "visual kei band" in the thread name lol, just ... nevermind (?) I don't have a vk guilty pleasure, I enjoy even the crappy vocals in the scene :B

Edited by Sickle

I really love Velvet Eden.........................;w; their older stuff along with their rock phase is the best ✨ so sad that they basically turned into garbage in those (hopefully) final years.

And I know we're not talking about individual people, but Dada is totes cool without the whole 50 yr old Facebook drama queen shtick...he works for Free Will, which means he basically helps out MERRY and Diru and I think that's fucking awesome ;w; plus his lolita stocking designs are fucking fierce even if the brand name is fucking dumb as shit...........

Edited by midi:nette

1 hour ago, doombox said:

Reveal hidden contents

IF THIS AIN'T ME

19 minutes ago, JukaForever said:

VK is a guilty pleasure, a very pleasurable one at that

That perfectly describes how I am with VisualKei xD

Especially since in class, I openly watch crazy music videos on my Chromebook

2 hours ago, JukaForever said:

VK is a guilty pleasure, a very pleasurable one at that

loool basically it. vk -might- be the closest i have to a guilty pleasure but really i just wallow in everything i love

I've mostly gotten shit from older visual kei fans or more ~brutal~ visual kei fans for liking Royz and similar bands. I guess I used to feel guilty about that and when asked what bands I liked, I'd really readily admit heavier or older bands and downplay my interest in newer catchy bands and any oshare kei. Lately, I've just not given a single shit and let me tell you... the guilt free visual kei life feels good.