herpes

[Song battle] Without You!

Without who?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. hew??????

• La'Cryma Christi
    • Fantastic Plastic Machine
    • X Japan

Which of these three iconic songs all titled "Without you" is your fave????????????????????????

:staru:La'Cryma Christi :staru:

Released at the peak of the visual kei bubble, this April 1999 single by one of the four princes of VK hit the top 10 (back when you actually had to sell to get in the top 10) with 35,000 sales. Iconic solo? Check.  Not featured on a regular album because they couldn't make it work? Check. Dancing in a futuristic grain silo? Check. 3 inch platform heels? Check. Power lesbian haircuts? Check. Overwraught nasal vocals? Oh fucking check.

:staru:Fantastic Plastic Machine :staru:

The KING of Japanese electronica/dance not named Cornelius or Tetsuya or Nakata released this housey bop back in 2010. Featuring exotic Canadian vocals from the guy at Monkey Majik, this dance track is the only one here to be available on vinyl. Please consider this before voting.

:staru:X Japan :staru:

Two overwraught brainwashed queens hug it out over some images of a guy who's been dead 15 years at this point and truly awful strings. 

which is ur fave, like comment and subscribe

Edited by herpes

As much as I don't really get behind La'cryma's later era of poppiness and non-vk fauxdom (Magic Theatre was the last decent one, methinks - and no, not a fan of those single collection-based singles), La'cryma is still my personal go-to and in this case the obvious choice of mine...

Monkey Majik is in overall very questionable except okay,  they may of course inspire Nihongo learning circles (especially those residing in the states and with some gusto and interest in developing stronger, mutual relations with eastern buddies) but I have my own ways in being "real nihongo weeb".

And fuck X Japan's "Without You" and fuck anything this overwraught necromancer called Yoshiki is messing with post-Hide mortem.

Sign in to follow this