Sign in to follow this  
suji

MERRY new single, "傘と雨" (kasa to ame) + sponsored threeman event

That's... a pretty fucking unexpected and weird line-up to be honest.. I mean, I know at least Kyo and Gara are kinda connected, but I'm not entirely sure how Metronome fits into all this. Is it like some kind of sound-themed thing? Like 'retro' = Merry, 'future' = Metronome, '???' = sukekiyo or what?

That is a savage line up. I would go to one of those shows with out a doubt just to check out Merry. Sukekiyo is such a bonus. Cool to see Merry play with other bands. I find it interesting how Japanese bands almost always play one mans. Even the crappy little VK bands. Even though it would be justified completely for Merry to be playing exclusively one mans.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:46 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

Participating bands at MERRY presents threeman event, 「三月に咲く愚鈍共による錆びたハサミと戒厳令の雨あられ三輪車の花園にて、許しておくんなはれや」, have been revealed:

March 17 @ Osaka Kyoto Universe w/ sukekiyo and 犬神サアカス團 (Inugami Circus Dan)

March 18 @ Nagoya Bottom Line w/ sukekiyo and メトロノーム (Metronome)

March 21 @ Shinjuku RENY w/ sukekiyo and メトロノーム (Metronome)

Tickets go on sale on Feb 18.

C7Ag1hCVoAAzVYB.jpg

amazing

4 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

C7Ag1hCVoAAzVYB.jpg

amazing

image424.jpg

Here's the original movie poster it's parodying as reference to appreciate it's greatness.

Edited by sads123

They'll probably announce their new album tomorrow. It's not a bold prediction, but.... yeah.

Anyway, you heard it here first, folks: my prediction is that the new album will come out in August, with 13 songs + a bonus CD with live material and a DVD version with 10/12 songs from Tokyo Spring. Plus, they'll announce a nation-wide tour until September. Tour Final happens in November to celebrate their anniversary. 

On 5/4/2017 at 0:43 AM, r... said:

They'll probably announce their new album tomorrow. It's not a bold prediction, but.... yeah.

Anyway, you heard it here first, folks: my prediction is that the new album will come out in August, with 13 songs + a bonus CD with live material and a DVD version with 10/12 songs from Tokyo Spring. Plus, they'll announce a nation-wide tour until September. Tour Final happens in November to celebrate their anniversary. 

So close. September to February, huh... I don't really know how long a typical tour lasts, is this too unusual? Given that MERRY love touring? Still waiting for you to be proven right about the rest. Although, surprisingly we haven't seen their 15th anniversary live on DVD yet, so it could be that too?

Sign in to follow this