Sign in to follow this  
saishuu

Pokémon Sun & Moon

Sounds interesting. I'd buy it if I could play it on a normal DS but spending $200+ to play a game isn't my thing.

Is call for help the new chaining / swarm hunting?

Also, they'll definitely release a 2ds bundle for these games around Christmas that will cost less than $200. Nintendo is smart with their release schedule and know to start making the different bundles and what not come out at a time where they are giftable.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

2 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Is call for help the new chaining / swarm hunting?

Yup. People are getting tons of shiny Pokémon already. Not sure if I like it better than DexNav yet though, but at least you don't have to be walking all the time.

It took me about 3 hours, but I finally tried "calling for" my first shiny. Got an Alolan Meowth because that was what showed up when I decided to try. It took so long my whole team leveled up 5 or 6 times ;(

Of fucking course it evolves with friendship though. Got it to evolve and showed it to ethnic Oak, and now I have a big blue cat sitting in my PC box.

On 11/30/2016 at 8:23 AM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

It took me about 3 hours, but I finally tried "calling for" my first shiny. Got an Alolan Meowth because that was what showed up when I decided to try. It took so long my whole team leveled up 5 or 6 times ;(

Of fucking course it evolves with friendship though. Got it to evolve and showed it to ethnic Oak, and now I have a big blue cat sitting in my PC box.

that's why i like events, to me they feel more special. i got over 3,000 pokemon just from events and it's fun using them in my game with the rule that i cant erase event exclusive moves. I cant wait to tranfser over my heart stamp pikachu to evolve into alolan raichu for stab.

I ordered Moon, just hope it will be more interesting than X/Y. I found them really easy even if they add some interesting features.

On 12/7/2016 at 11:14 AM, kawa35 said:

I ordered Moon, just hope it will be more interesting than X/Y. I found them really easy even if they add some interesting features.

it's a lot more interesting, just a short boring post game similar to X/Y. difficulty is a bit higher than X/Y a few npc are hackers like hau, his fucking raichu knows thunderbolt before level 42. pikachu learns it at 42 and the tm isn't until the last island. some npc's have non-alola variants as well as hidden abilities.  

I'm not a big fan of X/Y and I think S/M was a lot better, especially plot-wise. I'd have Lusamine and the Aether Foundation over lame Lysandre and pointless Team Flare any day. The secondary characters were probably the best in the entire franchise too - I seriously ended up missing Lillie after she left lmao Not to mention depressed grampa Nanu was the absolute best.

I was pleased with the post-game as well. Sure catching like 4 of the same UB (goddammit Kartana) gets boring fast, but the interactions between your character and Anabel, Looker and Nanu were entertaining enough. It also explains to an extent why Looker showed up without his memories in ORAS, which was something I was more than glad to see.

Sign in to follow this