Sign in to follow this  
blackdoll

[quick review] ギャロ (THE GALLO) - LUCIFERO

86520160725190524.jpg

The gallo comes back so soon with another good album this year continuing where they left and adding on to that. At first it seems like they were following the same pattern per say of their earlier album DIAVOLO, the song seemed to fit in the same parameter. Track 2 did have me for a second though because the riffage sounded really familiar. that happened more time on the album but the second guitar and jojo took care of "this is generic." However jojo's voice at some parts did seem more poppy, but not so much that it's a turn off or "he changed 8)." Track 6 he switches up for the better for sure and sounds so clean and right. After that track, the interest peaks with the instrumental either being different from the previous stuff (diavolo) or having more going on in it.  So what to do i give it?

:_10/10_: The strongest 10? no, but nothing's wrong with the album.

Spoiler

buy here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/DAKEMR-15

I don't know what to think actually. The majority of the songs are old song, but rerecorded in a different way, sometimes with some new lyrics, back vocals removed, etc.

And I prefed older versions, they sounded way more creepy and attractive.

12 hours ago, Owl said:

I don't know what to think actually. The majority of the songs are old song, but rerecorded in a different way, sometimes with some new lyrics, back vocals removed, etc.

And I prefed older versions, they sounded way more creepy and attractive.

did not know that, started following after divado. Was it as smooth though? if so ill yt them

Edited by blackdoll

In terms of songwriting, the old versions are also very solid. The only "downsides" are that the production values on some of the older singles/albums is a bit jankier than nowadays, and Jojo's voice is (very slightly) less good than it is now

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

In terms of songwriting, the old versions are also very solid. The only "downsides" are that the production values on some of the older singles/albums is a bit jankier than nowadays, and Jojo's voice is (very slightly) less good than it is now

ill stick with the new ones then

11 hours ago, Owl said:

Why don't you try old ones as well?

i have a feeling they might sound like Grieva's songs with least amount of production on it (guessing that's how production works) that i kinda couldnt get into cause it sounded to idk for me. but if you really think i should i give it a shot. can you list them?

1 hour ago, blackdoll said:

i have a feeling they might sound like Grieva's songs with least amount of production on it (guessing that's how production works) that i kinda couldnt get into cause it sounded to idk for me. but if you really think i should i give it a shot. can you list them?

Most of the their stuff was shared by @The Reverend (thanks for that):

https://www.monochrome-heaven.com/profile/2535-the-reverend/content/?type=forums_topic&sortby=title&sortdirection=asc&page=5 

Scroll down till you notice lots of Gallo stuff

2 hours ago, Owl said:

Most of the their stuff was shared by @The Reverend (thanks for that):

https://www.monochrome-heaven.com/profile/2535-the-reverend/content/?type=forums_topic&sortby=title&sortdirection=asc&page=5 

Scroll down till you notice lots of Gallo stuff

k

Sign in to follow this