ficsci

Bands You Loved and Then Realized You Don't Anymore

Maybe Phantasmagoria. I used to love the band up until 2007/8, but a few years later I realised I wasn't that crazy for the band anymore. Well, I still like the band, but just some songs, specifically those that sound more like old school Visual Kei and songs like Mikansei to guilt (I love this song so much). I avoid most of those romantic and more mainstream songs they released...

Also Vidoll.

The GazettE...

I loved all their releases until they released DIVISION.

Now they're just a huge joke.

For me,their best album will always be DIM!

Gazerock is dead my dear people.

Also there's SCREW.

I loved their songs but now I can't stand Byou's voice.

Maybe Phantasmagoria. I used to love the band up until 2007/8, but a few years later I realised I wasn't that crazy for the band anymore. Well, I still like the band, but just some songs, specifically those that sound more like old school Visual Kei and songs like Mikansei to guilt (I love this song so much). I avoid most of those romantic and more mainstream songs they released...

Also Vidoll.

Oh, I forgot about them. I agree... Phantasmagoria were fun first. Now I think Syndrome and Mirage were one of Kisaki's better bands, Mago just didn't have enough songs (only thousand re-releases) and the few ones get boring fast.

I still listen to Vidoll though... I just love their early releases. But I stopped following them after Bastard.

Nightmare and 12012 are like this too. I catch myself listening to their older songs but I really can't get into their stuff past 2007.

This except I didn't really like "The Furthest". Debating about selling my DELUHI stuff :-\

lols whatchu got~?

But for me, In the jrock/vkei vein of music:

12012: Their older releases were great, but then stuff like diamond came out and i was like #nope

Eremia: I think I just got into them because these two girls i knew on LJ were super into them. meh.

VanessA: World is my mind was shiiiit

Dennou Romeo: Shinji's voice was so annoying back then and i didnt realize it till so much later

SKULL: Still jam to their old stuff but I am no where near as obsessed (not really at all tbh...)

176biz: I think after bleach way i stopped giving a fuck

Im sure there are a lot more, I just cant think of them atm.

but then for korean stuff:

SNSD: they were the first girl group i liked so i just thought they were the shit, but in reality theyre so overrated.

INFINITE: I hate to say it was the fans who spoiled them for me.

Super Junior: First kpop group I got into, cannot stand to even look at them now.

Sunny Hill: Their releases got really boring after 'the white prince is coming' and im just so meh about them now.

I really tend to go back and forth on a lot of stuff. 

i listen to it until i hate it and then i dont listen to it for months and then its all shiny and brand new again.

idk.

176biz: I think after bleach way i stopped giving a fuck

I liked 176BIZ, specially their first release, but as they went on releasing more material I lost interest in them. I always felt they were looking for a style that suited them. This band was something like an experiment till the end.

tokio hotel (well, song schrei is funny, amirite?)

cinema bizarre (blablabla FOREVA blablabla FOREVA blablabla NEVA E-E-E-EVA E-E-E-EVA)

the gazette (no comments)

anything band related to Tenten....which is very heartbreaking

Tbh...me too. :/

I still love KuRt but then everything after that was really shitty imo.

I REALLY tried to get into Chempics but...i just couldnt. it wasnt the same. at all :/

This is pretty sad to say, because I don't think I'll ever forget that I have once loved Moran so much that it hurts (in several different ways).

But recently I've really come to accept that they're not the same band they used to be 3-5 years ago.

And it really is just because of the music. The fact that they've lost half of their original members--the most musically-involved members-- really changed the kind of music they make. I'm sorry Sizna, but Zill and Velo were a lot more imaginative. Even if Moran still tries to incorporate their older style to their newer songs, it had been only to a superficial level. But I do appreciate that they try to continue what they had been building up from before, and that they still play some old songs, because hell, they're good songs. And I have to be honest that I don't know how Moran sounded like live back then, but their 2 newest members right now don't sound that great live. I don't mind all the weird-ass uber VK gimmicks that Hitomi thought up, or Soan yelling random distracting shit (as long as he doesn't do more that he's been currently doing), but IMO Vivi & Ivy's level currently isn't enough for them to pull that off while playing well at the same time. (In contrast, I'm amazed that Sizna could have so much focus doing BOTH. Is he human??... or is he... a... cool... cat...? XD).

I still had fun, but I'm ready to let go now.

(Instead, I'll just follow Velo around, because he sounds awesome playing with dummy-xD)

I forgot to add Merry.  Used to love love love them, but when they decided to sound like every other omgdark!vk band ever, I just, nah.  I have a million and one other bands in my library that sound like that, I don't need one more, and especially when that one more used to be unique.

Honestly, first band I've ever been bitter about a new direction with.

I forgot to add Merry.  Used to love love love them, but when they decided to sound like every other omgdark!vk band ever, I just, nah.  I have a million and one other bands in my library that sound like that, I don't need one more, and especially when that one more used to be unique.

Honestly, first band I've ever been bitter about a new direction with.

This this this.

I used to really like BIS...and now every time them come up on shuffle, I think to myself "what the hell did I ever like about them?" Like seriously, I am not sure if they even have one good song anymore...

Tbh...me too. :/

I still love KuRt but then everything after that was really shitty imo.

I REALLY tried to get into Chempics but...i just couldnt. it wasnt the same. at all :/

Huh, it is kind of the opposite to me. I still kind of enjoy KuRt, but nowhere near the level I did when they were around. But Chemical Pictures stuff, specifically the stuff while Jimi was still in the band, I still love the heck out of.

I used to listen to 30 Seconds to Mars back when I was in middle school, but after A Beautiful Lie, their music just turned into these shitty "epic" rock songs with a choir in the background...I dunno, I just don't know what else to call it. It's just different and more mainstream than their other stuff. Even their latest album is very disappointing, cuz now they've also added pop to the mix, god forbid. Now I only follow them cuz of Jared Leto; he's got great movies, but his music sucks now.

Edit, I can't believe I didn't mention Exist Trace. They were fucking amazing when they first started; a female visual kei band playing metal music, that's so badass. Jyo's screams were amazing too *-* They were better off staying as an indie band though, because going major has fucked them over. Now, they're playing this poppy bullshit and not making any actual rock music. And they have Miko singing too? Oh hell no! She's horrible...And the latest single is rumored to feature disco music? It better be a bit more bearable than Diamond, cuz if not, then I'm definitely dropping this band for good. Now I sometimes follow them because they're all hot pieces of ass. It's just tragic how a band like that could crash and burn so quickly. I can't believe they haven't disbanded yet...

Guest mitsu the indie girl

Where do I begin...lol Maybe my musical changes have just changed quite a bit over the last few years...

Gazette was one of my favorite bands until "DIM". I really liked "STACKED RUBBISH", but "DIM" just didn't hit me the same way. Lost so much interest in them. As they continued popping out new music, the more I found myself growing away from them till the point I don't care for them. Dir en grey was the same way... I really loved their visual kei-era music as well as "VULGAR" and "Withering to death", then after that, I didn't care for their new direction.

Those are the two main ones... haha.

-oz- 

deathgaze

the gazette

dir en grey

born

D

diaura

sadie

alsdead

sid

DAZZLE VISION

signal

awoi

bioshpa

galeyd

Deulhi

lynch

existtrance

here name in blood

FALILV

next band might be rentrer en soi if baiser turns out to be better. (satsuki sounds like that guy and i dont like twin vocalist enless there in the same band)

blackdoll, this is not a bash bands threads. If you want to write stuff like that, at least give it a bit more context. Hell, from that post I would think the only thing you have ever done is hate those bands.

blackdoll, this is not a bash bands threads. If you want to write stuff like that, at least give it a bit more context. Hell, from that post I would think the only thing you have ever done is hate those bands.

ok ill edit, i think i had a bad day.

What you should do is write about what happened. Why did you start disliking the bands? And that's obviously easier if you choose 1, 2 or 3 instead of 15.

I used to be a huuuugeeeee fan of DOG inthe PWO for around 3 years altogether, but it's been around the end of last year I managed to admit to myself they just don't appeal to me anymore. It has actually started exactly a year ago with me getting their "Boomy Boomy" single, listening to it once, ripping it to upload it and simply not listening to the single ever again (or rather-listening to it in rare occasions I would just put everything from DOG on a playlist and the songs came up). The funny thing is, even after this disappointment I have ordered their maxi single Doggy style III 5 months later in a 1-day blast of love for the band, or rather just to complete my Doggy style maxis collection. It wasn't so disappointing but I rarely listen to it. I still often listen to their old stuff because 1) Haru's voice is powerful and great (I still consider him my favorite vocalist in vk), 2) old songs actually make sense and have a lot of emotion in them and 3) sentimental value. So basically, I didn't grow out of them, but rather, they grew out of me I guess? But honestly, I consider their new stuff generic and pointless. Even though they still have the same amount of talent, they're just not using it imo. 

Fun fact-every band I considered my "favorite" after DOG has suddenly decided to disband or have a hiatus (awoi, jackman and liphlich), lol sending me signs much, doggie? xD

Merry is starting to go this way for me as well. Can't believe how fast their quality has been dropping the last few years. They used to be one of the more unique bands around and they were even in my top 10 all-time favs at one point. I pretty much feel the same way as evilcoconut. 

Ah, also used to like bands like Deathgaze and Lynch but got tired of them once I ultimately realized that they're just constantly repeating the same tricks without really making any improvements

I loved BugLug. In the begining they were very nice and sincere and were making energetic music. Both Asobiz and Made in Mine were great. 絶交悦楽論 was a bit disapointing, after KAIBUTSU l stopped checking their release dates. Some time after I saw preview of killer x killer x killer and I completely lost interest in them.

I guess I was expecting them to be cheerful oshare kei band and they went different way.

Malice Mizer and Gackt

It happened at the same time. I used to salivate over everything they released. Then I got out of high school and realized I preferred Klaha's vocals all along and Gackt was grating as hell.  I can't even listen to the two songs from his solo stuff that I used to really enjoy.