ficsci

Bands You Loved and Then Realized You Don't Anymore

Vidoll... Saw them live twice, met Jui, loved them to death...

Now, their music is trash. So I'm kind of glad they disbanded before it could get even worse.

the Gazette.....used to love them......,but now I consider them as just a one gazelle running around the Sahara desert instead of THE GAZETTE.

Yeah... that made no sense whatsoever.

↑ Lol, what the crap?

For me, probably the biggest one would be L'arc. I did used to really like Diru and Gazette, but got sick of them both rather quickly. Still like some songs, but there's way better bands to spend my listening hours on. But I was a pretty big L'arc fan for awhile, and now I hate hearing about them and their stupid best-ofs they release every freakin' year. Their output is so low and mediocre now, pretty soon they won't have any material left for a best-of. I'm sure that won't stop them though. And all their solos are ridiculously overrated. Unlike, say, LUNA SEA, the members are outrageously mediocre by themselves. They really haven't made any GREAT music since Real. If any band could be called a greedy sellout it would be them. They're like a boyband in disguise. :urg:

the Gazette.....used to love them......,but now I consider them as just a one gazelle running around the Sahara desert instead of THE GAZETTE.

Yeah... that made no sense whatsoever.

↑ Lol, what the crap?

For me, probably the biggest one would be L'arc. I did used to really like Diru and Gazette, but got sick of them both rather quickly. Still like some songs, but there's way better bands to spend my listening hours on. But I was a pretty big L'arc fan for awhile, and now I hate hearing about them and their stupid best-ofs they release every freakin' year. Their output is so low and mediocre now, pretty soon they won't have any material left for a best-of. I'm sure that won't stop them though. And all their solos are ridiculously overrated. Unlike, say, LUNA SEA, the members are outrageously mediocre by themselves. They really haven't made any GREAT music since Real. If any band could be called a greedy sellout it would be them. They're like a boyband in disguise. :urg:

Ken's solo cd was surprisingly good despite him suck at singing and sadly it is probably my favorite L'arc solo project. But I agree with most of what you say. Though I do still like their stuff for the most part it is mostly less exciting and original than their stuff used to be and their best of's and re-releases piss me off. >_>

Guest Naru

Gackt

Angelo

Versailles

Pierrot

Acid Black Cherry

are the biggest bands who I did love very much but who I did put away.. Because I just hate/can't really listen to it right now anymore.

i used to listen to all kinds of death metal/goregrind/grindcore and one day i was just finished with it, since then i only listen jrock/old school heavy metal and some old trash bands=p

i used to love Aborted, Leng Tch'e, Macabre, Jungle Rot, Carcass, Putrid Pile, Waco Jesus, Lividity, Deranged, Agathocles, Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition, Cunt Grinder, etc. etc.

as for of jrock

well bands like Rentrer en Soi i just dont listen much anymore, aswell at the moment i dont really care for alice nine., and also Miyavi i just cant stand listening anymore

Apart from An Cafe, LM.C and that kind of stuff, lately I've stopped listening to bands such as Golden Bomber, DELUHI, ViViD or D=OUT.

GB caught me at first, and then ended up boring me to death. And the other three started sounding greeeeeat, and then disappointed me with new songs which I don't really like.

Green Day - I was a huge Green Day fan in my teen years. Basically, my entire interest in music revolved around that band. However, as I became older, their music lost its appeal to me. I haven't picked up any of their albums in years now.

Nightmare - They were one of my first visual kei bands that I really got into. They were my favorites for quite some time, and I still have all of their albums and a bunch singles. Yeah, I don't care for them anymore. I think I just got tired of them.

As for Green Day you should try them again. Pick up Kerplunk and Insomniac and enjoy yourself.

Ritual Carnage

When i first started to listen them they were awesome :rawk:. But now i only like one or two songs from them and i really rarely listen to them anymore.

Green Day - I was a huge Green Day fan in my teen years. Basically, my entire interest in music revolved around that band. However, as I became older, their music lost its appeal to me. I haven't picked up any of their albums in years now.

This. It's the same with bands like Linkin Park, Evanescence and so on... I wouldn't say I don't like their music anymore, but I'm far from loving them.

My taste always evolved and some of my favorites lost their status, so if I had to list the bands I don't "love" anymore the list would be endless :D

If I had to choose only one, it would be Nightwish. They were my favorite band for a long time and I used to love everything they put out but now I don't really listen to them anymore - I still think they are a very good band though.

In Flames - I was a big fan of their album 'The Jester Race', and I also bought their album 'Come Clarity', but nowdays, I hardly listen to any of their songs.

Acid Black Cherry - I fell in love with his voice but now I find it annoying

An Cafe - I used to listen to them quite often but now it's too "nyappy" for me

Skillet - bleh

P!nk - I like her but her song are too easy over listened

Simple Plan - sounds the same

The Black Eyed Peace - not my style anymore

Eminem - the same as above

still listen to them but...

and lots of artists from my childhood :gaga:

Guest mitsubana

So many.. Dir en grey, the GazettE, alice nine., Kra, SCREW, etc. etc. Pretty much everything visual kei I used to listen to lol

Ha, good that that post was resurrected. Because I have a lot of bands I don't like anymore.

First all the boygroups and pop bands I was listening to long before I actually developed a "music taste". I was just listening to anything running up and down in the radio: Sugarbabes, Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Scooter, etc... Can't really say that I "liked" them, but I digged some of their songs.

I didn't become interested into music until highschool (age 11 here in Austria). In 2003/04 all my friends in school started to listen to "edgy" music. They started to dress in black, dyed their hair black, put studs on basically everything they've got into their hands and claimed to be Punx or "Satanists". Of course I got into the whole crap to, because somehow you want to be as cool as your peers... that's when I bought my first real CD, Green Day's American Idiot. I felt like a really radical Punx, omg.

And other things I like in my embarassing mallgoth phase:

Within Temptation - I was hooked by their first album Mother earth and thought it was the gothiest shit on earth. Lost my interest after their album The heart of Everything. I felt like it doesn't compare at all to their earlierer material. I still kinda like Mother earth... but I don't really care about them.

Nightwish - the same as above. Ha... I was also one of the gurls who bashed their new singer after Tarja left the group.

Deathstars - Cheesy and tacky "Industrial" Metal band who are still my guilty pleasure band.

Dimmu Borgir - I actually don't like Metal so much... of course I did in the past or at least I pretended I'd do.

Epica - Not really a bad band, but I just generally lost all my interest for Symphonic or Power Metal

And when it comes to Vk, into which I got between ca. 2005-2007

Moi dix Mois - Omg... I still remember my days of my Mana Worship. I saw the band first in an Anime magazine and was like "holy shit they look interesting" but didn't get into them until I stumbled upon their Nocturnal Opera CD and bought it. I was pretty MdM crazy and of course convinced that Mana was the most beautiful, mysterious and kewl man on the entire planet.
I can't say I dislike them (except most of their fans, even though I was pretty much another stupid fangirl) but I don't appreciate them as much as I did a few years ago. I listened almost daily to their stuff and nowadays I am not keeping up with their releases (haven't listened to their latest release). But I still love Malice Mizer. That band was also more versatile and interesting than MdM will probably ever be.

Unsraw - Oh, heavy, badass Viii keeey that's so unique and awesome!!, ugh. But I forgot about them pretty quickly, only was a fan for one and a half year *lol*

The Gazette - loved (and still like) their old stuff until NIL. After that they became rather boring for me.

Those aren't all, but I think I have forgotten about the most... anyway, I am still a lame weaboo who liked pretentious, crappy shit. But as long as it suits my taste and I am enjoying it I don't give a fuck about it. I am sure in 4 years my music taste has changed again and i will have stopped listening to certain groups i think are the shit now.

I'm too lazy to elaborate but the most obvious example for me would be Girugamesh. I used to like them alot a couple of years ago. Now all they do just seems shallow and boring, and it annoys me to look at them. Heck they remind me of Green Day circa Basket Case o_O

Other than that pretty much all the stuff I don't listen to anymore.

Linkin Park

Avenged Sevenfold

System of a Down

Eminem

Jason Derulo

Flo Rida

Bone Thugs and Harmony

Incubus

Nightmare

Girugamesh 

An Cafe

anything band related to Tenten....which is very heartbreaking