ficsci

Bands You Loved and Then Realized You Don't Anymore

Lots of people mentioning Plastic Tree. I don't dislike them yet, but I can see why.

I've never understood how music can sound pretentious.

As for Bright Eyes, first it's because of all the hipstery hype surrounding him, how his ugleh voice is so expressive blahblah, but it feels like he actually gave in to other people's comments and tops his previous work with even more annoying hipsteriness -_- But it doesn't like any substance to me. It's like simple folky acoustic song + ugly vocals = meaningful. Eww. (Sorry for not pointing out anything specific. I just don't want to go back to listening to his stuff to give evidence for my point.)

Deluhi for me. I absolutely loved "Two Hurt" and "Hybrid Truth," but then Yggdrasomething came out and I didn't really like it. Revolver Blast really didn't help, and then I kinda just stopped listening to them from there. I liked "The Furthest" though, but I didn't even bother listening to their latest single.

This too, definitely.

And I get where you're coming from, ficsci, because I dislike Bright Eyes in general, but pretentious means one is demanding a position of undeserved distintion or importance - music can't do that, so it can't "sound" pretentious, in my opinion. A man can. His (their? I don't know) music isn't extravagant or showy, it's just a guy with a guitar. People use the word a lot to describe music and I've never understood why, is all. :?

Green Day, I used to listen to these guys every day like... 6 or 7 years ago. Now I think they're boring to me with the exception of a few songs on their last album which I actually enjoyed.

Disturbed, just lost interest over time. When their new album was released I thought "oh let's have a listen to that... tonight" like 20 freakin' times because I always forget!

Sonata Arctica, I cannot listen to the singer's voice for longer than 10 minutes before it starts to bore me.

Metallica suffers the same fate. I like the music these guys make but the vocalist gets boring after 10 minutes. It's just one of these voices that... I don't know. I like it kinda, but I can't listen to a whole album anymore.

Seether... same thing about the vocalist again but their compositions don't do anything to me anymore either.

Nightwish, used to love them, but now I just like them. Wouldn't mind listening to them but there are 100 bands that I like to listen to more.

HIM, used to be in love with them too, but now I just like them. Except their last album which was a pile of shit. I still think Venus Doom is a great album though.

And there are more...

I forgot to also mention MUCC. I used to be such a big fangirl, but then their new music just kinda made me sick of them, plus I just found better bands to obsess over. . . it's almost kinda sad.

I still listen to their old stuff whenever I feel like it, but that is very rare (despite what my Last.FM charts will lead people to believe).

the GazettE, and Alice Nine. These two are basically bands that first shoved me into the Island of VK when I was still young and stupid, and I could quite recall it clearly that I used to be that annoying, rabid fangirl of them who squealed over the boys stuffs like "WAAAAIIIIII URUHAAA KAWAIII DESUUU!!! TORA KAKKOIIII NEEEE!!"; without giving much care of how their musics actually were. I turned out hating them the moment I found out another bands which are musically much more pleasing--despite the looks--and though I don't listen and don't have Alice Nine's anymore, I'm still pretty open to the GazettE's music........... Just came around, passing by, downloading their songs and hoping I'll be finding something good and such.

HIM, used to be in love with them too, but now I just like them. Except their last album which was a pile of shit. I still think Venus Doom is a great album though.

Screamworks was great :( It's pretty much their only album (that I have) that I can listen through all the way without skipping over any songs.

Screamworks had no memorable songs to me, unfortunately. Every other album had songs that I can clearly remember and songs which are unique, but if I put Screamworks on and walk away from my room for 30 seconds and come back I wouldn't know if they're still on the same song or the next...

I guess I should give it another chance and listen to each song more carefully, because I threw the album away really quickly.

I'm one of those fans who started liking them recently, so I don't care how ~*~Mainstream~*~ they're getting like a lot of "old fans." I liked that album better than their older ones because it's more mainstreamed, which is a sacrilege to a lot of their fan base :lol:

Huh, 12012? They haven't disbanded yet have they? I mean they are doing that cover and they haven't officially anounced it yet.

The Kiddie: The more songs they release, they more I realize I don't care about them really anymore. Steady was nice off the new album, but nothing else really caught my attention.

Matenrou Opera: I really liked that first single. The piano ballad was great, but ever since this Ayame keyboardist came on, they sound really cheap. Just get a second guitarist. And Sono's vocals too. With songs like R and Murder Scope, his vocals became almost unbearable to me. Crossing my fingers that this mini album will be better. Overall, though, this band is highly hit-and-miss for me now, unfortunately.

Lycaon: Everything until Chains of collar was nice, imo. Didn't really care for any of the album's few new tracks, outside of plug into the socket. I used to think Yuuki was a nice vocalist in this tired style of heavy vk, but now it's just awful to me. And then of course, the infamous Eros and pink drugs my shit... I'm done.

However, the biggest Jrock example of this would be Deluhi for me. I absolutely loved "Two Hurt" and "Hybrid Truth," but then Yggdrasomething came out and I didn't really like it. Revolver Blast really didn't help, and then I kinda just stopped listening to them from there. I liked "The Furthest" though, but I didn't even bother listening to their latest single.

This except I didn't really like "The Furthest". Debating about selling my DELUHI stuff :-\

Another band would be Deathgaze, I liked them way back before their pause and when they came back with Ai as vocalist I was all OMGHUUUUR :fap::fap: but found that I've been pretty damn bored with their material with Ai as the vocalist. I think I've grown out of that style of music but I can easily say if this during my lame angsty tween days I'd probably be gobbling up every damn release of theirs. Oh well ~

the GazettE, and Alice Nine. These two are basically bands that first shoved me into the Island of VK when I was still young and stupid, and I could quite recall it clearly that I used to be that annoying, rabid fangirl of them who squealed over the boys stuffs like "WAAAAIIIIII URUHAAA KAWAIII DESUUU!!! TORA KAKKOIIII NEEEE!!"; without giving much care of how their musics actually were. I turned out hating them the moment I found out another bands which are musically much more pleasing--despite the looks--and though I don't listen and don't have Alice Nine's anymore, I'm still pretty open to the GazettE's music........... Just came around, passing by, downloading their songs and hoping I'll be finding something good and such.

Pretty much my VK-life story too. :domo:

My bigges delusion is the GazettE: they were my fav for almost years and, after the RCE and the release of "Leech", they didn't emotionated me anymore. I discover other bands better than them, and I feel more close to girugamesh, Direngrey, and so on.

In West Music my delusion was Linkin Park, but now I'm doing a reason of that xD

Dir en grey, for sure. I used to be the most annoying Dir en grey fangirl, but I haven't found them listenable since Withering to Death.

More embarrassing? I used to listen to Prince and Culture Club in my teens (I was born in the 80's, in high school in the mid-90s) and I can't really even listen to either of them now. Not sure what I thought was so impressive...

^ Lol, I actually think Culture Club and Prince are catchy just for casual listening XD I prefer pop music from those times to the ones from these days (and I'm born in 1990)

I actually have Prince and Culture Club albums on my computer because I downloaded them last month. Prince especially is very good. People can say whatever they want but I consider him a great artist.

Hmm, the band Flaw was once my favourite, have not listened to them for a long time.

And then I used to like some powermetal bands too, but I'm kind of bored on the whole genre. Dragonland is still awesome and some others too, tho :D

I used to loveeeeeeeeeeee Ayabie...,but I really don't like them now because of Yumehito's ducky voice.

the Gazette.....used to love them......,but now I consider them as just a one gazelle running around the Sahara desert instead of THE GAZETTE.

Not that there's anything WRONG with Prince or Culture Club, I just don't really like them anymore. It was a phase.

I have fairly constant tastes, though my tastes more expand than change. And there are few bands that I loved that I now hate, just a few I rarely listen to.

D- Used to love shit out of them. Still have good songs but their style doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Sadie- Took me a while to realize how generic they are.

X Japan- Realized I like hide more than anything else about the band. Some of their music is fine/great, but a lot is so corny and Yoshiki is a shitface so...

Alice Nine- How did I ever like them I ask.. I mean zekkeishoku wasn't that bad, but they've sucked fierce for a while now.

girugamesh- Well ignoring their shitty music since self-titled I also listen a lot less to their old music despite those being fine albums.

There's a LONG LONG list of bands that I care a lot less about but still like to listen to when in the mood. Bands like unsraw, deluhi, random heavy indie bands that have 2 good songs don't appeal anymore haha.

the Gazette.....used to love them......,but now I consider them as just a one gazelle running around the Sahara desert instead of THE GAZETTE.

Yeah... that made no sense whatsoever.