ficsci

Bands You Loved and Then Realized You Don't Anymore

I'm kind of sad about it, since I loved them so much in my teens, but AFI. I really didn't like Crash Love, and after that album I completely lost interest in hearing new stuff from them.

I still like a lot of their older songs--The Art of Drowning-era stuff, in particular, holds up pretty well--but some of their lyrics just sound so cheesy now.

avelcain

grieva 

rentrer en soi

nega

The gazette- Dim was the "Are fucking high? WTF happened here?"

Alice Nine- Maybe it was just a fad or what but after 2012 their music got a wee bit eh

SuG- They became too super modelly. Like every video looked like an ad for some brand and less about that dimple cheek Takeru smiling like in Scheat (How do you pronounce that anyway? Sheet? Shit? Shayt? Shite?)

Moran- T_T after Zill died ...it just wasn't the same

DIV- they went SuG way some how

Golden Bomber- I just got tired of memeshikute and seeing them every day damn on tv T_T

basically just about every band i used to listen to back when i only recently got into japanese music... But the biggest example probably has to be MUCC. They were just about my favorite band at some point, but nowadays whenever I hear something by them I just feelall... meh. 

A lot of my PSC band obsession is dead. GazettE, Alice Nine (even though I had a bit of hope for them again just recently they aren't back in my faves list yet), ViViD, BORN, all started out super strong for me but I eventually got bored with all of them. 

It'd have to be Ayabie.

The band was just not the same anymore without Aoi (I say they managed without Ryohei) as their vocalist.

Virgin Snow Color is still their best work ever, and they'll remain one of the best in my memories as a complete band.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I really need to add X Japan to my list. I feel like modern X has left such a sour taste in my mouth that I can't enjoy their old work in the same way. There are still songs that I really enjoy, but I doubt I would ever really care to sit down and spin one of their albums all the way through again.

宇宙戦隊NOIZ (Or UCHUSENTAI:NOIZ whatever they go by now)

I loved this band, albums like EGO-style where amazing to me. Such energy and fun packed into albums.

Then they just turned so plain? It was around 2008/09 I dunno, the energy was gone for me & now I cant enjoy them anywhere near as much as I used too. :( sad really.

DADAROMA. Ew, they stay in their comfort zone and don't give a crap about improvement. Their last release sounds exactly the same as the first one.

DADAROMA. Ew, they stay in their comfort zone and don't give a crap about improvement. Their last release sounds exactly the same as the first one.

their first song was good and that's it

their first song was good and that's it

i didnt say it wasnt and it blew me when it came out, but they're like a pokemon that wont get evolved, nobody but dadaroma can change my mind

deathgaze, they still have some amazing songs here and there but the rest is just headache inducing

i was obsessed with femme fatale based on their two MVs but outside of a few songs they're mostly a mess

i used to think holyclock was amazing but im too lazy to listen again and decide if they're actually good LOLOL

jinkaku radio's first album was amazing but everything i heard after was shit

Nightwish, after Tarja left. I couldn't stand Anette's style. They might as well have reformed as a new band instead of continuing as "Nightwish".

Also, Morrigan. They started off really great with their first two minis, and then my interest totally took a nosedive with Underworld. I hope they can impress me again in the near future, otherwise I don't know how much longer they'll keep my attention.

SuG - I was a fan, I bought every releases, even their first live DVD super limited or something (I can't quite remember today xD) and then I got bored, it went downhill, I sold everything. XD I continue to enjoy songs like Vi-vi-vi (so fun) and butterflY BoY but they are basically out of the map for me today. I even tried BLACK because everyone here was super hyped, and it did nothing to me (I should have post this in 'explain the hype' thread tbh). I did enjoy uwakimono's EP tho, it was solid. I really don't know what to expect from them and I don't want to bother.

Serial NUMBER - I gave up after I got my 01 teach album. They were one of my favourites, and this album and what come next was a huge disappointment. Plus, Kazune left and he was my favourite member ;-; and then everyone left yolo. I know they've kinda refined their sound on their two latest EP but still, it's not as appealing as before for me. Maybe their next album will fulfill my expectations? Otherwise, I'll just stick with my old stuff.

ゾロ (Zoro) - I was an fan, a late fan so I missed some limited releases but whatever, I managed to get everything until Core (included). Core was already so-so, and what come next was a giant wtf. I dropped Zoro. I still have an immense pleasure to listen to APOLLO, or COSMO. I still hate Tatsuhi, that will never change xD I can't stand this guy xD

彩冷える (ayabie) - the struggle, like Vidoll (after Deathmate -included-). When you love the vocalist but can't bear the songs he's singing because it's shit for you, you know what I mean? this.

Oh it's not only VK?

Well, Paramore, Within Temptation, Dover - they're S.H.I.T today.

宇宙戦隊NOIZ (Or UCHUSENTAI:NOIZ whatever they go by now)

I loved this band, albums like EGO-style where amazing to me. Such energy and fun packed into albums.

Then they just turned so plain? It was around 2008/09 I dunno, the energy was gone for me & now I cant enjoy them anywhere near as much as I used too. :( sad really.

METEORS, though!

I loved D when I first found out about them and couldn't imagine listening to anything else, but now I can't stand listening to most of their songs. I also don't like the direction they have been going recently, but that's neither here nor there.

I'd have to say grieva. I honestly love them but their newer releases kinda have me like ehh....dont get me wrong they're cool I just miss how they sounded when the first released stuff. Their Reload sound was the shit.

I'd have to say grieva. I honestly love them but their newer releases kinda have me like ehh....dont get me wrong they're cool I just miss how they sounded when the first released stuff. Their Reload sound was the shit.

15619.jpg

deathgaze, they still have some amazing songs here and there but the rest is just headache inducing

i was obsessed with femme fatale based on their two MVs but outside of a few songs they're mostly a mess

i used to think holyclock was amazing but im too lazy to listen again and decide if they're actually good LOLOL

jinkaku radio's first album was amazing but everything i heard after was shit

Ah that's such a shame about Jinkaku Radio.  I really enjoyed their 2nd album.  It was a different style than their first but it definitely left a good feeling inside me.  I still bust it out occasionally.  However, their 3rd album was ass.

*revives*

I used to love Nocturnal Bloodlust but now I hardly ever listen to them. I'm not as much into this kind of music as I used to.

Also the Raid. - I got bored with their music at some point. Seemed repetitive for me.

Elysion and Marco...I love them, but I hate how they hardly do anything release-wise, and only put out live limited shit ;w; I was definitely hoping they'd be the next Megaromania and Merry. I still want Rei to sit on my face.

Also Grieva, because I loved Oni to Kage, but after that they kinda went downhill and I stopped caring...

Edited by midi:nette