ficsci

Bands You Loved and Then Realized You Don't Anymore

The opposite of the other thread

Not just for jrock

This was really long ago, but I used to really like Bright Eyes, but at some point it just started to sound pretentious to me

Alkaline Trio - it's more like, as they go on, one of the songwriters' stuff just sound more and more forced and recycled

Elliott Smith - I got into the wave of depression, but after I got out of it, musically speaking, I realized I don't like his compositions

Blink-182 - lol, middle school, but their stuff all sound the same, and just too ridiculously simple

Suga Shikao - well, it's not that I dislike him now, but his new stuff aren't half as funky as his old ones (although he also recycled a lot of stuff). I listened to him all the time when I was on my "not listening to obscure rock music because it's 'bad' for me" phase.

But lately I've been rediscovering a lot of bands that I stopped listening to years ago, so maybe I might end up liking them again

how about the rest of you?

I use to really like DEViL KiTTY and adored Yuuga to death. Now when I listen to DEViL KiTTY I sometimes wonder why I thought the music was so great. You gotta understand but it was back in High School and I thought it was like the most amazing music ever created ever. I don't hate DEViL KiTTY and still listen to them but I guess I got a little bit of common sense to realize they're not as amazing as I thought they where. I dunno what I'm talking about...........

Blink-182 - lol, middle school, but their stuff all sound the same, and just too ridiculously simple

THIS, lol.

Any nu-metally band that I listened to in elementary/middle school (except for maybe KoRn and Coal Chamber).

Oh, and LM.C ...liked the first 3 releases, then nothing else.

For Japanese artists: Dir en grey. I can't hate them - mainly because they certainly don't deserve detesting. They were one of the first Japanese bands I heard and I still love Macabre and Gauze. I thought Uroboros was a fine album and they are not talentless musicians, but the more I listen to them, the more I can't stand Kyo. So I was a relatively big fan and frequent listener once and now I put off doing so or skip a track because Kyo just grates on my nerves and I can't wrap my head around the fanatics who insist he is the greatest vocalist of all time.

-OZ-. I realised most songs sound alike, have no "spark" and was put off by Natsuki's "singing" voice. In VK a lot of people are impressed by heavy music accompanied by growling, but in the case of -OZ-, Natsuki is simply better at it than he is at singing, so it's not a "NOT HEAVY? NOT GOOD!" issue. Although this is the automated response from the -OZ- Defence Force whenever I so much as mention him needing vocal training.

RENTRER EN SOI. Sphire Croid was fantastic, in my opinion, then I felt they detiorated. Self-titled was alright, but I hated The bottom of chaos. 12012, too, I lost interest in but [6]party remains one of my favourite songs. I was still sad when they announced their disbandment, though. And MERRY. I don't care for their new music at all and as such have sort of avoided listening to older material. Don't know why.

As for artists/bands from the rest of the world, Lacuna Coil. Everything after Unleashed Memories- no, Comalies, is boring. Maybe 16Volt too. I think that's about it. Most of the bands I used to listen to I still dig out from time to time, even the ones I grew up on, for nostalgia if nothing else.

I've never understood how music can sound pretentious.

Kaya, Versailles and Plastic Tree. Was a fan of them and one day understood that they are not interesting to me anymore.

Going to lose all my street cred here but i used to listen to An Cafe when i was 13 or so. They made listenable music until Bou left, but Miku was always a horrendeus vocalist, and it still surprises me how i could stand him back in the day.

:(

I used to love many, many of the "popular" visual band such Gazette, Antic Cafe, Miyavi, Alice Nine, MM, Moi dix Mois, Candy Spooky Theater etc. until I realized that I only liked them because everyone else did, not because I really liked the music all that much. There are a couple of songs that I listen to when feeling like reminiscing, but otherwise I just ignore most of those kinds of bands now and trust my own ears for music instead of the J-Rock fangirl consensus.

I used to like Galneryus, but I grew to hate a lot of that brand of symphonic metal especially as their music started to get worse and they started hiring VK boys and old J-Pop singers. (Although I'm a hypocrite, I still like Versailles, but they aren't really my favorite anymore). I still love Yama-B and his other projects, but anything with Syu in it makes me roll my eyes. And it is sad because Syu is such a good-looking guy. T_T

Finally, I used to love Coldplay, but nowadays I have to be really in the mood to even listen to their halfway decent older material.

When I was 8, I listened to David Hasselhoff. :lol:

Other than that, I'm very loyal to my loved bands. I might loose interest in a band and stop following their new stuff, but songs I really liked years ago, I will still like today.

Finally, I used to love Coldplay, but nowadays I have to be really in the mood to even listen to their halfway decent older material.

Exactly this. I was such a big fan during their first two albums. Now I can't really stand Martin's voice or accent.

That's really the only band I can think of.

ACCESS. Loved their sound at first, but holy fuck does most of their discog suck.

I was obsessed with Dir En grey and liked them a lot along with gazette, but then i started not liking them since i started to notice other bands that were better.

I used to love Ayabie, then Yumehito joined and I didn't hate them, but they definitely started heading in a direction I wasn't crazy about. I stuck it out with them and even got a little excited when they changed into AYABIE, thinking maybe this will put hem on the right track. Boy was I wrong, Yumehito's singing is not a good fit for visual kei, he's meant for jpop, and below average jpop at that. Every second the album went on it got worse. They even had the audacity to title the album Virgin Snow Color 2nd Season, implying the album had anything remotely related to do with the original VSC, while in reality the only thing these two albums have in common is the fact that Kenzo, Intetsu, and Takehito were part of them.

I used to like Born, never loved them, but the album was so bad it kind of put me off them for awhile. I figured I would try out the new mini albums since I liked older releases and it had been a year or so since the album, I only liked two songs. Everything else was so annoying, the singers voice really started to piss me off and I just can't get into the songs. So now I don't really hate them, I just don't ever want to hear their music again.

Ap?il - Got bad after Pledge

VanessA - Went bad after World is my mind

ゴールデンボン??ー - Release too much shit of the same shit repackaged

愛狂??????。 - Same formula

シンディケイト - Got boring

??ゃる?????? - Never release anything

xTRiPx - Dont know what the hell they are doing

idiot - cause they got so much attention for being awesome

I used to listen to Nickelback all the time with my mom, (I was around 11 or 12 years old), but then I realized that I didn't like them, started listening to bands I actually liked, and now Mom throws her Nickelback CDs out of their cases if she needs to make room for a disc that I burn for her. :lol:

I remember I was a huge D'espairsRay fan back in middle school, then upon entering high school my HD crashed so I had to download my entire music collection again. When I finally got around to downloading the D'espairsRay discography, I just couldn't bring myself to do so? For some reason I don't like their music any more. inb4 Some nub: LOLZERZ ITZ CAZ U NO LYKE GUD MUSIK!!!1!

I wouldn't say I loved them, but I was a really big SCREW fan back when they release "Gather Roses". Everybody always seems to think the band turned for the worst after "X-RAYS", but I think they seemed to get worse after Yuuto's departure. This new Rui guys isn't bad, but I haven't heard a decent bassline, or song, since Yuuto left the band.

Then there's Sadie, dear god, I used to cum buckets whenever I would hear "Meisai". I could care less if everybody else thinks Sadie is just a Dir/Gazette copy band, I still think their early discography is amazing and unique. But I believe the band has started slipping since the release of "Ice Romancer". Now they sound like a heavier Nightmare! And people actually like this heavy-Nightmare sound of theirs!? I love the band, I really do, I just don't want to. (I don't care how cliché that sounded.)

I was waitind for this topic Screw. Their last Currsed Hurricane, Ancient Rain, and the Cherry on top Duality WTF!?

They Suck now. :x

I'm kind of like Champ in terms of loyalty. If I like something, more than likely I'll like them forever even if they're not hip anymore :C I do have a few examples of bands that aren't timeless for me:

However, the biggest Jrock example of this would be Deluhi for me. I absolutely loved "Two Hurt" and "Hybrid Truth," but then Yggdrasomething came out and I didn't really like it. Revolver Blast really didn't help, and then I kinda just stopped listening to them from there. I liked "The Furthest" though, but I didn't even bother listening to their latest single.

I was a big 9goats fan for like a week as well. I kind of stopped listening to them for a while because I wasn't depressed anymore and then their latest album came out. I really can't get myself to like melancholic music much, so I broke up with them.

Basshunter. The fuck was I thinking. Listening to anything by him just makes me embarrassed. And to think I tried to woe someone with one of his songs... :oops:

*thinks*

I was a pretty big HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR fan a few years back...then I just stopped following them since they stopped making songs in Gundam SEED.

Looking through my old iPod, apparently I used to really like X-Japan as well. I don't dislike them, I just don't feel like listening to them...ever really. Every so often I get the urge to listen to "Orgasm."

the gazette

plastic tree

FAKE?

ScReW

exist trace

Aldious

nightmare

nega

kiryu

despairs ray

BORN

kat-tun

tourbillion

lunasea

inoran

x-japan

kaggra

meth.

SuG

toon factory

Alibi

Jewel

deluhi(on and off sometimes.)

SNSD

shinee

4minute

fahrenheit

B2ST

linkin park

paramore

kelly

still more but argh stupid brain memory.