here's a different look at the kit with it's 200mm guns attached. also doing a really cool pose reaching for that sword mace :D

eMiR4Ai.jpg

I'm resisting putting this thing on a action base so hard right now.... man this is a fun kit to pose XD

So it's been a little while since I posted in here... I've still been building kits, maybe I'll take some pictures soon of a few. A lot has happened since my last post, mainly that I purchased a airbrush and have started my very first custom painted build. I've been working on a custom build of the 1/144 HG mobile reginlaze that I posted photos of here earlier.

here's a look at my paint station so far.

XxVT1hU.jpg

it's really tight, no like literally it's tiny as fuck, but it's getting the job done at the moment. Hopefully later this year I'll have a dedicated room/space for building and painting, as of right now I'm building/modifying in my bedroom next to my bed and PC and I'm painting in my bedroom's bathroom that I currently am not using as one.

here's a sneak peak at the reginlaze

EO2otWw.jpg

So I've had my airbrush since early April, and I've been working on this build since shortly after, so I'm nearing the one month point. I've been learning and buying supplies as I go while trying new and scary techniques along the way. This picture is pretty much all the parts minus the frame (which is complete sans the final topcoat) all the painting is done on these parts, right now I'm just working on water slide decals and some detailing with panel wash and enamel paint for some added details.

basically this custom build should be done really soon. will post pics when finished :) in the mean time, does anyone else here actively build gunpla? It doesn't have to be to the same extent that I've fallen victim to (lulz) but it'd be nice to get some other WIP photos and other discussion than just me in here.

Edited by Original Saku

It's time. as promised here's the album for my first custom painted kit, along with commentary notes.

http://imgur.com/a/zO2aw

AJH0neG.jpg

Really loved doing this build, definitely gonna start planning my next one soon!

Edited by Original Saku

6 hours ago, Flame-X said:

so8v0g.jpg

:wan-48:

that build strike gundam and universe booster combo for the star build strike <3 Awesome shit, I wanna build one sometime as well. also that exia dark matter kit looks really sick, nice choice :D

Here's my backlog at the moment...

n5lC5wq.jpg

Way too many, but I'm addicted. My next kit will be the 00 riser, I've been putting it off for too long.  the next custom build will probably be that hguc gyan you can see posed up on the first shelf, still brainstorming on the colors.

Edited by Original Saku

Christmas came early this year. Absolutely massive haul of gunpla that I had sitting in my private warehouse at HLJ.com for a few months.

5vujcrS.jpg

Er045Kg.jpg

needless to say my backlog is screaming at me right now, I'm gonna stop buying kits for a while. yeah right, like that's gonna happen xD

3ydSXiY.jpg

I had a blast building this granddaddy gundam, definitely one of the best master grades I've built. The articulation is just ridiculous on this thing. I can't wait to find some time to paint it.

been working on a few online competition entries the past few months, here are some WIP photos.

crTitSC.jpg

ykuWYdj.jpg

I9p6XJW.jpg

vvdxRTY.jpg

Edited by Original Saku

A post shared by Nick (@chateau_la_tour) on

I went to the hobby shop by my parents' house recently and browsed through their literal walls of Gunpla options. I haven't built one in years, but it's always exciting to look through and marvel at the box art. Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

here are the pieces from my custom painted MG Jesta I'm working on right now for that contest, fully painted at this point and gloss coated.

jsuAcGn.jpg

this is about a week ago, at this point in time I've completely finished decals and have completed panel lining. Still have to do all the weathering which includes paint chipping, panel washing, possibly some water streaking and dry brushing (undecided if I'm gonna do these two), and pigment coating. then I need to do a final matte topcoat to seal it in. cutting it close on this one.. deadline is the 30th and work is killing me haha

next update will be the final photos after I've finished the entry.