Takadanobabaalien

General news and drama regarding Rockstar Records

Devil kitty will have an important announcement 21.00 Japanese time.

Β 

I'mΒ afraid it's a disbandment or them leaving RR. Probably the later. I hope for a new release though.Β 

Β 

Edit: did yayoi remove his Twitter? I can't find it.Β 

Edited by Uglymouth

So they're leaving Rockstar too? Weird...

Edited by midi:nette

Just as I thought. I guess it's fine to write it here now as it's happening right now. But a close friend of mine in Tokyo is also very good friends with Yayoi and Yuuga. She said Yayoi is running out of money, both for business and personal. I'm curious to how he will solve it personally, I just hope he doesn't end up homeless. He has no saved money or any pension either since he always has been running companies himself. I understand and respect his decision but I just hope he'll be fine. I wonder if RR will close down entirely or just host avanchick?Β 

I'm actually surprised they would actually leave the label as it's run by Yuuga's bestie....hope for the best for Yayoi and his financial situation. :/

My dreams of RR becoming UCP 2 were dashed about 5 months in, since they only put out like 2 cds by that point.Β It's only a matter of time till that label is gone for good.

Β 

I'm glad they'll continue. Hopefully their extensive free 1-man tour is working out and giving them a large enough fanbase nationwide to get picked up somewhere else or continue under Feel-co for the time being.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

Yayoi's username at Twitter is now @kool_bratz (????). His description that used to say what he works with and so on is now empty. I really hope this won't be the last of him in the vk scene. He's one of my favourite vk-artists and even if he haven't been singing for ages (except for revival lives and the session gigs as deadly (thank god I attended)) I did enjoy knowing that he was working behind the scenes.Β 

Β 

I only google-translated this, but it kind of came out saying that there were a lot of opportunities missed due to negligence. I'm taking that to mean that RR really didn't do a whole lot for anyone signed to it (save Avanchick), which is why all of the surviving artists jumped ship.

Β 

He ended it with saying "In around a year, there were good and bad times. Egoish, Meary, Betty, Takashi from now on, no matter what, I considered you friends."

Β 

But he didn't mention Avanchick?

Β 

πŸ‘€πŸ”ŽπŸ‘€πŸ”ŽπŸ‘€πŸ”Ž

Β 

Also, apparently fans refer to this band as "Kitty-chan."

There seems to have been a lot going on at the label. I need to read up on their latest topics at 2ch but most people are happy he bands are leaving the label. πŸ˜” Rui from the egoist tweeted (in response to Yuugas tweet about leaving the label) "huh.. We were threatened to get beaten if we said we were removed from RR" (note: Yayoi, Yuuga and Saku (ex cuartet, now bloom label owner) are known for treating their bands like shit, unfortunately). Anyway I'll read up on all this tomorrow and report here lmaoΒ 

Β 

also I don't think their called kitty-chan, but デビキ (deviki).Β 

Edited by Uglymouth

Ok so this is basically the story, remember that a lot of this is from 2ch so everything may not be 100% true, but the people there seem agree on most of this and a friend of mine says that it's true. So I am presuming that this is the truth.

Β 

Anyway, as you know this wasΒ rockstar records bands:

Avanchick

Devil Kitty

Betty

Meary

THE EGOIST

Dear

Takashi

Β 

And this is what's left:

Avanchick
Betty
Takashi

Β 

Dear disbanded (probably just a way to get out of the contract), and the other bands have decided to leave by themselves based on Yayoi and the staff at Rockstar Records not being able to support them as a label is supposed to.

Β 

As I said earlier in this thread, Yayoi has NO money. No money in this case doesn't mean he has some money he uses himself, but actually no money. He has no apartment/house, he stays with friends from day to day apparently. This has made him put himself in quite a debt with other people, one is Kiryu (Betty) another person is his wife (who I have no idea what she's doing???). Kiryu is one of his kouhai's (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senpai_and_kōhai) and he apparently trusts Yayoi way too much because according to everyone on 2ch (and the bands who already left RR) Yayoi is not going to pay him back. So currently Kiryu (and what Avanchick gets to the label) is paying the expenses of the label (and what's not being payed by that money is going to backfire on Yayoi eventually...). Leona (Merry), Yuuga (DK), Ruchi (DK), have all told my friend how much they hate Yayoi. Now, Yuuga and Yayoi have a past that includes a lot of fighting (both with eachother and with other people), but my friend thinks this is the last straw for Yuuga. He apparently unfollowed him on twitter as well. 

Β 

As some of you may know, Yayoi has been saying that he was running 2 businesses (one in Yokohama and one in Okinawa (the one in Yokohama was proved to not exist by fans)). This means that with both RR and his bar he was running 4 business at the same time (and he was supposed to open a kyabkura (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_and_hostess_clubs) as well, he actually told me that in person (but it ended up never happening))Β and through that he tricked the bands into believing he had money to put into the label as well as being a successful businessmanΒ so they could success as bands.Β 

Β 

Now, some of the fans at 2ch says that he's surprised that people fell for it because apparently this is what he's been doing ever since he ran the eternal label back in 2000 (people call him a spoiled brat for using his dad's cash (the guy who earlier ran EXCEL)). I personally don't know if I believe that because why would people stick with him for so long if that was true? Anyway, as said earlier not only all of the above but because he has no money most bands got little to no studio time (look at Betty who pays a lot of label expenses but haven't had a single release yet) so the label was mainly holding the bands back. And well, as said Rui from THE EGOIST says he was threatened to get beat up if he said they were leaving the label. Some VK-twitters have caught up on the drama/news as well, here's an example:

Β 

The last part saysΒ 

"Yappari
yoyuu no aru
ikikata
shitaiyone
neyou wara"

Β 

So they're having a bit of fun I guess, because the red part (first character on all lines) would be read as "Yayoi shine" which means "Die Yayoi!". I'm sure it's just a coincidence but still pretty fun lmao.

Β 

I guess we'll see how everything ends up. At 2ch they're saying that the label will close before the new year comes, and that Betty and Takashi might stay with the label until then. Oh and one more thing, Noa from Avanchick has said in a tweetcast (that I cba to look for because I don't care about them) that he wants to leave the label as well.

Β 

So based on this I'm sure Yayoi is just as intersting as Kisaki when it comes to business and scandals. He's just never been as ~famous~so we probably haven't heard of most shit he does. I have personally met Yayoi for a couple of hours and spoke to him quite a lot and he always seemed like a cool guy who got his shit together so I'm very surprised about all of this.

Β 

Sorry for the long post, and shitty english. I'm not native lol.Β 

Β 

if it's Yayoi rumors we're talking about allow me to leave a summary made by a 2ch user in 2006, ten years ago.
reminder that this is all just anonymously circulated and you're free to think these people are completely wrong and libelous.

Β 

Spoiler

Β 

"Yayoi is a company worker now. By the way here's the Heroic Saga of Yayoi.

When he was the president of Eternal, the members of the bands signed to it were threatened and had their money taken by time.
Some other examples are him trying to forcibly postpone the sale of Gazette's music and when he beat the shit out of Ruka from Nightmare with a folding chair because he didn't like him. [in fact, Yuuga is his alleged accomplice who beat up Ruka again later. RIP Ruka]

[omitted because it's just them saying his bands break up right away and he's even worse at singing than Frypan. oop]

Β 

After Eternal went bankrupt everything thought he cooled down but he started Climax Records and his final band, jewelry.
But even a half year later they only had a single digit number of fans. As a result their music releases were a huge financial loss.

[summary of the jewelry drama about their bassist stealing money from staff and knocking up his teen gf]

For a while Yayoi was doing yakuza stuff for his family* but now he works at a company.

That's about it."
*long story short Yayoi's dad, who ran EXCEL, was considered to be definitely involved with yakuza and Yayoi is rumored to have worked with the yakuza too. Allegedly Yayoi enjoyed bragging about his yakuza daddy a lot to people who annoyed him.

also i bought all of jewelry's CDs what do u mean huge financial loss

Β 

basically the rumors concerning Yayoi threatening the bands signed to him and skimming money from them have existed since Eternal, fwiw.
and this matches up quite neatly with what uglymouth + their friend says.

Edited by cvltic

This is now a 90's bandmen rumour topic.

Β 

No jk but yeah, I'm pretty sure most of it's true. Also until he recently became homeless he lived with a 20 year old girl who Ruchi (from Devil Kitty) introduced him to. Yayoi and his wife got divorced sometime between 2015 and 2016, and according to my friend Yayoi is not allowed to visit or have any contact at all with their childΒ (this was also told to me by my friend). There are a lot of "rumours" around these 4 guys especially (Yayoi (RR boss), Yuuga (DK), Yukika (Ains boss) and Saku (Bloom boss/ex cuartet vocalist). How they beat up other bandmen at nomikais, sexually harassed girls etc. I'm not 100% sure how much of a badguy Yukika is but I know i've seen Yayoi, Yuuga and Saku mentioned together as an "Evil trio". Although there's rumours of Yukika beating his signed bands and girlfriend (which unfortunately isn't rare in Japan)Β as well. Man these 90's bandguys really need to retire.Β 

4 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

tumblr_inline_oekx3jdVaR1qfemna_500.gif

Β 

2016 is such an interesting year for vkei. What a rush

Β 

This! so much drama this year

5 hours ago, Uglymouth said:

This is now a 90's bandmen rumour topic.

Β 

No jk but yeah, I'm pretty sure most of it's true. Also until he recently became homeless he lived with a 20 year old girl who Ruchi (from Devil Kitty) introduced him to. Yayoi and his wife got divorced sometime between 2015 and 2016, and according to my friend Yayoi is not allowed to visit or have any contact at all with their childΒ (this was also told to me by my friend). There are a lot of "rumours" around these 4 guys especially (Yayoi (RR boss), Yuuga (DK), Yukika (Ains boss) and Saku (Bloom boss/ex cuartet vocalist). How they beat up other bandmen at nomikais, sexually harassed girls etc. I'm not 100% sure how much of a badguy Yukika is but I know i've seen Yayoi, Yuuga and Saku mentioned together as an "Evil trio". Although there's rumours of Yukika beating his signed bands and girlfriend (which unfortunately isn't rare in Japan)Β as well. Man these 90's bandguys really need to retire.Β 

Β 

That's the first I'm hearing anything about Saku... got anything else on him?

@inartisticI don't have anything specific on him as I'm not a huge fan of what his label/earlier bands but I know I've seen him mentioned in topic related to Yayoi, Yuuga and he has topics about him as well.Β 

Β 

For example one of the top threads about him goes like this:

Β 

" [Disgrace at Birth*] SAKU [Foolish PIG]

Β 

A topic about the former Cuartet member SAKU

He's currently a staff at Shinjuku BIRTH and operates the shitty label BLOOM.

An idiot who's already in his 30's yet can't settle down

His favorite hobby is fighting with people at twitter"

Β 

* Refering to the livehouseΒ Shinjuku Birth

Β 

So well, nothing particularly bad about him at the first post but yeah, I know I've read stuff about him.