togz

Monochrome Heaven's "Anything Haunted" Trade-Off

Monochrome Heaven's "Anything Haunted" Trade-Off

tumblr_oekemeq75w1unn50xo1_540.jpg

THEME

With Halloween right around the corner, it's only given that we have to do a spooky theme. Your job is to make a mix based on a place that is haunted. It can be a haunted house, forest, abandoned town, or even something as complex as a haunted item (doll, antique things, etc etc) If you think it has the potential to be haunted, then make a soundtrack to let us know the story behind it and it's effects! Be sure to let your partner know the location or item of your choosing if the exact theme isn't clear. This theme is an open doorway to creativity and the sky is the limit. 

BUT FIRST SOME RULES

• Send a list of songs to your partner; The mix must contain at least 7 songs and must not be longer than 70 minutes.
  • At least half the mix must consist of Japanese artists but any other language is fine for the other half! A song can only be used once and only one song per artist!
  • Do not post your lists in the thread, PM your partner so it will be a surprise to everyone else.
  • You critique each song and give it a rating (?/5, or ?/10, whichever you prefer)
  • Critiques must be longer than one sentence (explain why you liked/disliked/don't care for about the song)
  • Be as creative as you can!
  • Participants who fail to submit a review by the deadline will not be allowed to participate in the next trade-off. Users who give notice ahead of time that they will be late may be exempt.

Partners will be announced on Monday October 10th.

Your partner should have your mix no later than the end of Sunday October 16th.

Your review must be posted no later than the end of Sunday October 23rd.

!!!!LET'S GET SPOOPY!!!!

tumblr_oekfpn2u651unn50xo1_400.giftumblr_oekfpn2u651unn50xo2_400.gif

ROLE CALL

@beni x @Ito

@SwampManx @CAT5

@togz x @The Reverend

@doombox x   @ghost

@saishuu x @Uraraka

@plastic_rainbow x @indigo

@Platy x @-NOVA-

@leafwork x  @Zeus

@Hakoniwa x @Komorebi

@『YELLOW DIAMOND』x @Atreides

Edited by togz

2 minutes ago, Uraraka said:

thanks and yes, I'm in! 

Yaaaaaaay! If you have questions or anything about sending items or anything, let me know! It can even be a list of youtube links or you can upload mp3s etc etc. 

You'll have lots of fun *___*

38 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

yassssss i've been waiting all year for this so of course i'm gonna join!! ^0^

but soundtracks can't be used this time though?

You can use songs from soundtracks so long as it's one song per artist.

4 minutes ago, -NOVA- said:

I would really like to join but im still a bit confused,

Do the songs have to revolve around a place/item?

Yes but it's not limited to that. 

Say for example... the movie Anabelle... (spelling?) It's about a haunted doll... the songs can represent the history of the doll's haunting or the history leading up to the doll's haunting, or even represent present things effected by the haunted of the doll. The haunted place should be the main focus, but including things that led up to it or that are effected by it is super awesome to include and would make things more interesting!

1 minute ago, togz said:

Yes but it's not limited to that. 

Say for example... the movie Anabelle... (spelling?) It's about a haunted doll... the songs can represent the history of the doll's haunting or the history leading up to the doll's haunting, or even represent present things effected by the haunted of the doll. The haunted place should be the main focus, but including things that led up to it or that are effected by it is super awesome to include and would make things more interesting!

I just compiled a bunch of songs focusing on the idea of death, i guess i can fit them into something. Lol ill try it :) thank you and Sign me up !