Uraraka

DIAURA | ディオーラ

• I met DIAURA during the REBORN tour, and I just fell in love. (5 long years since then. oh God! )
The first song I listened to was Lost November (Like most people) and I did not like much at first.
But I liked the voice of yo-ka so much that I looked for other songs.

• The second song was Beautiful Creature and it was the BOOM that I needed to fall in love. .
Tatsuya was still support of the band and I followed his definitive entrance in the band, like SIRIUS / Lily single.

Lily by the way, it immediately became my favorite song of them. There's no way I do not like it. Unfortunately he stayed out of FOCUS.

df83d26afb0f1781ded29b056b645e29.jpg

• Speaking of FOCUS, it's my favorite album of theirs. It just seems like they shaped that album and threw in our face.

• Diaura eventually became one of my favorite bands. They have a very different sound from other recent bands.
Reminds me of good Old VK bands. (Like Laputa, whom I came to know because of them.)

• With that I do not have much to complain about.
I have some original items from them, I was starting the collection but I stopped for an indefinite time.
The big problem with DIAURA is that as a relatively large band, they release many songs in limited editions or exclusively for fan club.
I get pissed off with this.

tenor.gif

•  I know the focus is the Japanese fans, but that ends with me. If only they would release those songs in compilations after a while, but ...

•  And well, I do not see a problem on the covers of VERSUS. They are not the best, but also not bad.
Even more if compare with releases from other bands around ...

Summing up: Diaura is a great band with incredible songs and musicians.
May they always continue to do this beautiful work and that "hide san" protects them from the disband. amen.

soooooo

definition couldn't beat triangle(which is my favorite album so far) for me, but it's overall quality is beyond praise. 

tracks i loved the most are malice, of course, (thanks to acoustic guitar it's giving me gypsy vibes i live for), species(intro sounds like classic rock which is fun) and 断頭台から愛をこめて, it feels like they gave their best on this one.

also lol'd at cabaret-kei song

Checked out the new mini album, and suddenly I realized I haven't listened to a full DIAURA release in over 4 years... wow.

Anyway, I found it to be very mediocre, middle-of-the-road and boring for the most part, but maybe my expectations were higher than they should have been after hearing the PV track. The music was well-made but I was kinda struggling with how little emotion it evoked in me. I did like "断頭台から愛を込めて" and "[dignity]" but other than these two it was really hard to keep paying attention to the music it was so meh. It was kinda evenly okay-ish, with "ヘルグライド" being the low point for me, but then after that they redeemed themselves somewhat.

I now remember why I haven't been following these guys more closely, heh.

Edited by Jigsaw9

On 2/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

Checked out the new mini album, and suddenly I realized I haven't listened to a full DIAURA release in over 4 years... wow.

Anyway, I found it to be very mediocre, middle-of-the-road and boring for the most part, but maybe my expectations were higher than they should have been after hearing the PV track. The music was well-made but I was kinda struggling with how little emotion it evoked in me. I did like "断頭台から愛を込めて" and "[dignity]" but other than these two it was really hard to keep paying attention to the music it was so meh. It was kinda evenly okay-ish, with "ヘルグライド" being the low point for me, but then after that they redeemed themselves somewhat.

I now remember why I haven't been following these guys more closely, heh.

Same here, albeit with the caveat that I've sort of kept up with them over the years. When I put on a song I think it's 'aight, or at least not reprehensible in what it's doing it, but then after 8 to 10 minutes more I've had enough for half an year again. The synth on this new one is disgusting and their guitarists suck. 

This is probably the lowest point my relationship with Diaura has ever reached. I keep trying imagine the vocals in english pronounced with a swedish accent and after doing it once I just can't stop because it just seems to make sense for this kind of music.

PV song is great and i like the atmosphere of the first track 'ivy' ,(if i remember well). It reminds me a bit of pierrot old era

so i've just read in yo-ka's interview that initially the band's name's meaning was not a "dictatorial aura" but "auras of two" (di stands for two). those two are kei and yo-ka of course as they started the band. and then new members were hired so they had to come up with something different

...and yo-ka totally forgot about that lol

6 hours ago, yomii said:

so i've just read in yo-ka's interview that initially the band's name's meaning was not a "dictatorial aura" but "auras of two" (di stands for two). those two are kei and yo-ka of course as they started the band. and then new members were hired so they had to come up with something different

I've been lied to for years

On 3/18/2019 at 6:31 AM, yomii said:

LOL for real?

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

LOL for real?

well thats what i've read in december's issue of rock and read, it's so strange i dont know myself whether to believe it or not...

i mean, didn't they knew from the very beginning they'd need more than two people to form a band lol

Old-school, a.k.a. kote-kei, homage was cool when it trended back in 2012, but it quickly grew uninspired to me for many reasons, one of them being kote-kei music actually anything but a bunch of uninspired dudes playing awfully composed/executed hardcore punk/thrash metal while having intentions of recreating the atmosphere of solemnity that is in the core of the VK aesthetics with hyper-melodic solos and melodies.

So now I'm surprised by the fact that a song released under the Dioora project happened to be really pleasant to listen to (of course, the difference that this song was composed and executed by talented people makes a big difference with average band within the scene that is their object of nostalgia).

Diaura's 'FOCUS' and 'TRIANGLE' remain to me as the two of the best releases of the whole VK history. Both are filled with a wide range of diverse climaxes and also a very unique composition work. In my opinion, nothing they've released after that to date compares to the gems packed into those two albums, it even sounds repetitive many times. They are one of the best examples of artistry within the scene. 

Edited by saiko

So, I just heard Lily and love it to bits. Probably should've started following these guys years ago.

Anyway, their discography is relatively large. Any pointers about where to start? Also, is Lily exclusive to the Sirius/Lily single?

Edited by Nowhere Girl

12 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

So, I just heard Lily and love it to bits. Probably should've started following these guys years ago.

Anyway, their discography is relatively large. Any pointers about where to start? Also, is Lily exclusive to the Sirius/Lily single?

Hmm, for starters: Try their first full album: GENESIS, it's one of my favorites and Lost November is a sweet track  too (sweet vibes as Lily has).

Their 2nd full album FOCUS is a good one too :) 

And maybe also in handy, their best-album INCOMPLETE (which has most of their greatest hit songs in it :) )

hmm... And yes, Lily is only released in their Sirius/Lily single.

Most of their releases are listenable on spotify anyways, so you can check it out there too :) 

Also recommending their latest single release 最果てに降る雪, for some winter vibes!