Sign in to follow this  
Kiyoharu is God

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 Phantom Blood 10/15/16 Premiere

The (2012?) dub of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure season 1 will begin airing on adult swim on October 15th.  It will cover the first part of the JoJo story, known as Phantom Blood. Anyway, you can check out the promo in the YouTube video above. Just wanted to give people a head's up since I'm in love with this series. Been a Berserk fanboy for a while now. And eventually got into Fist of the North Star and Franken Fran. Loved those. JoJo is something that I heard about for a long time but I always ignored it. In retrospect, a totally stupid move given how obsessed I am regarding it now.

As I mentioned, this first season covers Phantom Blood... Which tends to not be a favorite among JoJo fans. Jojo gets really insane/wild in the later parts. This one of crazy, but more reserved than the others, so I think that has a lot to do why it's not embraced as much. That said, I believe people love this part just not nearly as much as the others. It's fucking great. And, the anime adapations that David Production has done of the series has been fucking incredible. Like, I'm sure there are fans of other mangas who are jealous of what JoJo has gotten over the past several years. Currently they're airing the adaptation for part 4. I'm hoping that makes its way over here too.

Anyway, be sure to check this out if you've ever been curious about JoJo!

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

Man why can't they just air it subbed XD  I feel sorry for all the casual anime fans, they're going experience this great show for the first time and what they'll get is probably an uninspired mess that doesn't do the series justice... just stop dubbing anime America, leave it to the professional voice actors who actually have passion for it and it's not just not another job or paycheck for them.

/rant

So sick of shit-tier English voice work in dubbed anime over here.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:20 AM, Original Saku said:

Man why can't they just air it subbed XD  I feel sorry for all the casual anime fans, they're going experience this great show for the first time and what they'll get is probably an uninspired mess that doesn't do the series justice... just stop dubbing anime America, leave it to the professional voice actors who actually have passion for it and it's not just not another job or paycheck for them.

/rant

So sick of shit-tier English voice work in dubbed anime over here.

Omg, I tried watching the dub once and it was so cringe I had to stop. Is the sub significantly better? I'd still really like to get into jojo despite not really liking it when I first tried to watch it...

Sign in to follow this